Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Eric

Staff
So has Dearden, plus he looks to have play making skills and a decent kicking game, so if we bring him down we dont need Hunt.
To me they are both running halves but Hunt is a better runner, Dearden is a better playmaker. Dragons need the latter. Plus Dearden is 11 years younger.

Eric

Staff
My mate watched the first training session and no prizes for guessing who was lining up at 5/8.
If he can't cut it, lIke the 25 year-old couldn't at his last 3 clubs, including a basket case without an adequate replacement, it's on Flanno🤬!

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Any standouts? How are Shereb and Coric looking? Ready to rip in or need to hit the gym?
Bit hard to pick standouts, a lot of different small group drills, wrestling, tackle, agility, ball work, catching and kicking. Half field opposed, the full opposed session Kyle looked good, only early but could see a difference in our attack, more depth and better shape.

Jacko does look fitter and lighter.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bit hard to pick standouts, a lot of different small group drills, wrestling, tackle, agility, ball work, catching and kicking. Half field opposed, the full opposed session Kyle looked good, only early but could see a difference in our attack, more depth and better shape.

Jacko does look fitter and lighter.
Good to hear some positives. Not saying that we should just accept finishing second last, but when you think of all the close games lost due to a low on confidence goal kicker, lack of a game plan to shut the game out or just running out of puff. We have to have some hope of improving with a switched on coach who values his game winners and a conditioning team that will get the best out of them physically. Not saying we'll make the eight, but have to hope that we'll get close.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My mate watched the first training session and no prizes for guessing who was lining up at 5/8.
I posted a link to a disgraceful interview with Flanno 10 days ~ 2 weeks ago. In it he:
  • Said Kyle will be 5/8 and there is no pressure on him because Ben Hunt is there for that.
  • Dismissed out of hand Zacs talk about playing 5/8. Partly because he's needed to pressure Sloan at fullback. But again, no pressure on Kyle at all.
  • Said Kyle was playing 6, 7, 9, 14 for the Dogs. Well, yeah because he was on big money and the Dogs had severe problems in those positions and Kyle was proving inadequate in every position he was tried. But he spent the longest time in the NSW Cup. Flanno seems to have forgotten that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Good to hear some positives. Not saying that we should just accept finishing second last, but when you think of all the close games lost due to a low on confidence goal kicker, lack of a game plan to shut the game out or just running out of puff. We have to have some hope of improving with a switched on coach who values his game winners and a conditioning team that will get the best out of them physically. Not saying we'll make the eight, but have to hope that we'll get close.
100%. And remember Suli's bizarre brain-snap against the Tigers?

Also need Flanno to make a some big calls. Tamale needs to be in the starting 13 and needs to be a centre. I think Finau is already locked in to one wing.

No idea at all how to solve our backrow, frontrow and 5/8 problem. Other than keeping fingers crossed for one or more of the juniors coming though having breakout years.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Plenty of negatives from last year but one positive was, we completed the most in-goal escapes. - ''A testament to the speed and evasive skills of fullback Tyrell Sloan and the sheer power of Fijian flyer Mikaele Ravalawa'', says The Mole.