Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone follow Rugby Yawnion? Do the Wallabies have any halves or props the Dragons can poach?
Now that is a good idea as life as a Wallaby halve are short lived. No wonder the Wallabies are a shambles with coaches chopping and changing their game managers as often as they change their undies. Two prime examples are Christian Lealiifano and James O'Connor both in and out of the Wallaby side during a stop/start career.
One of Michael Lynagh's boys, a 5/8, may be worth an approach.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We are close on this one and a few others.
Not sure if mention in here
Stewart to Storm
Herring to Knights
Knights have picked up one of Herring. What was the story with that? Club didn't rate him or it was just a case of Knights rating him more and were willing to offer him significantly more money?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Eric Eric, the Dragons have been lucky in past when we have gone to Yawnion for quality play makers. Phil Hawthorn is one that springs to mind.
Who was that drastically underrated prop from South Africa who played for us during the last GF win? I think he was poached from Rugby.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Then Flanagan has to offer him a sweetener or two. Be a good acquistion for us and one we badly need with Bud, Herring gone.. and Junior facing time out of the game.
I guess Junior will be cut loose if Dearden is signed. Because I think Dearden is a much better 5/8 than halfback.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think Dearden is a much better 5/8 than halfback.
He'd run rings round the despised Hunt.
Who was that drastically underrated prop from South Africa who played for us during the last GF win? I think he was poached from Rugby.
Probably his choice as he had a Yawnion background having repped for Australian Schoolboys, Australian under 21s and the Australian Sevens. After he left us for the Melb Rebels he then turned to French Yawnion.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He'd run rings round the despised Hunt.

Probably his choice as he had a Yawnion background having repped for Australian Schoolboys, Australian under 21s and the Australian Sevens. After he left us for the Melb Rebels he then turned to French Yawnion.
Hunt is a good, running halfback. Just not what we need when we don't have a good, playmaking partner for him.