Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVictory

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is he any good?
He’s a fantastic guy to have on the bench as you can throw him in the forwards or the centres at a pinch. Previous coach Bellamy loved having him at the Storm and we beat the Panthers to the punch in getting his signature so you must be doing something right if you’re held in high regard by those two clubs.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He’s a fantastic guy to have on the bench as you can throw him in the forwards or the centres at a pinch. Previous coach Bellamy loved having him at the Storm and we beat the Panthers to the punch in getting his signature so you must be doing something right if you’re held in high regard by those two clubs.
Hope he does well but 2 things.
  1. Is he better on the bench than Bird?
  2. Bellamy might love him to death but just not at Melbourne.
As for Penrith, I guess he figured he had little chance of playing first grade. And maybe we offered him more money.

RedVictory

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hope he does well but 2 things.
  1. Is he better on the bench than Bird?
  2. Bellamy might love him to death but just not at Melbourne.
As for Penrith, I guess he figured he had little chance of playing first grade. And maybe we offered him more money.
It depends how you view it. With Bird, you don’t know what you’re going to get, you’re either getting a standout game or you get a shocker. Whereas with Tommy you know you’re getting a battler that’s going to turn up each week. You probably won’t get a 10/10 game with him but you’ll get no less then a 7/10.

Either way it brings more competition into the squad which can’t hurt.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It depends how you view it. With Bird, you don’t know what you’re going to get, you’re either getting a standout game or you get a shocker. Whereas with Tommy you know you’re getting a battler that’s going to turn up each week. You probably won’t get a 10/10 game with him but you’ll get no less then a 7/10.

That sounds ok when you put it like that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

I guess there is something to be said for having too many young, unproven players in the top 30.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Backrower, He was the Nanai before Nanai
Is he the one who did his knee against the Dragons at the end of 2022? Because I remember that game mainly because I was very impressed by him before he did his knee in that game. I thought he was better than Nanai.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Luki is 22, a second rower with the Cowboys, at 103 kilos I suppose he could be a prop. Flanagan will want to get more than 78 RM out of him each game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I haven't seen any confirmation from the club. Only media speculation.
Mate we are only the fans, the last to know. Seriously, this prolonged rumor mill is doing in my head. FFS R&R pull out the finger before all the remaining good produce is gone.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Luki is 22, a second rower with the Cowboys, at 103 kilos I suppose he could be a prop. Flanagan will want to get more than 78 RM out of him each game.
The rumour Su'a wants out has been going around for a while. So will need two backrowers. Egan must be one from 2025 if not next year. So who is going to be the other?