Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
“He’s a good player, he is a freak,” Brimson said Per News Corp.

“Any team that he’s in, he’s going to help play finals and win a comp.

Is AJ Brimson thinking clear headedly. This is Ben Hunt not Nathan Cleary you are talking about. Check out his finals record since he came to our club.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
“He’s a good player, he is a freak,” Brimson said Per News Corp.

“Any team that he’s in, he’s going to help play finals and win a comp.

Is AJ Brimson thinking clear headedly. This is Ben Hunt not Nathan Cleary ypu are talking about. Check out his finals record since he came to our club.
The worst thing about the NRL is the way they often offer glowing praise for the opposition. A bit of that is normal, especially for the very best players, but they go way overboard with it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's going a little too far, isn't it? I'd like to see him see out next season but seriously, enough is enough. Who TF does he (Hunt) think he is? The constant media praise about him being the Dragons best player by far and etc seems to have really gone to his head.
Mate we can blame Flanno for part of this ........ Just swap him for Dearden and be done with it .......

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The worst thing about the NRL is the way they often offer glowing praise for the opposition. A bit of that is normal, especially for the very best players, but they go way overboard with it.
It's a combat sport. If everyone talked badly about the other team and it's players, it'd be more entertaining, especially in the off season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Do the Cowboys even want Hunt, if not that is a big fly in our ointment. So probably then our best bet is for Hasler giving us an offer for the sook too juicy for FO to refuse then Flanagan will be forced to go all out for Dearden.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
All we can hope for is for the Cowboys refusing to release Dearden unless we release the sook or the Hasler giving us an offer for him too juicy to refuse.
Hasler can't do that due to the salary cap position the Titans are surely in. It would have to involve a player swap and Hunt taking a large pay cut. And I don't think there's any way he'll do that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Might be able to do it if Dragons were paying a large part of Hunts salary.
Might be an idea. We get Dearden in a swap for Hunt with us paying the difference in their salaries for next year and then account closed the follo9wing year. So we pay Dearden and Cowboys pay Hunt and that's it. Dearden's star only rose after he went to the Cowboys. He's probably not on a lot of money.

RedVictory

SGI Jersey Flegg
He's very bad starting in the forwards but yeah, 100% I think he has better footwork than the average middle forward. He's played a lot of 5/8 so he has some ball playing skills. And he's played a lot of centre so even by Dragons standards of recent years, he has a bit of speed.

Mentions in this podcast that he’s dropped 6 kgs and wants to play in the backline this year.
Says he doesn’t know if his body will hold up in the forwards.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Mentions in this podcast that he’s dropped 6 kgs and wants to play in the backline this year.

Hmmmm glad he isn't going to be starting in the forwards but thought his weight was good for an interchange forward. Maybe lose 6kgs of fat the add 3 in muscle.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Hmmmm glad he isn't going to be starting in the forwards but thought his weight was good for an interchange forward. Maybe lose 6kgs of fat the add 3 in muscle.
I'm listening to the podcast now. Haven't heard anything but my guess is that he's Flanno's 5/8 back up plan.

Eric

Staff
It is Deardren who is understudy to Reynolds? I think Flanagan is flogging a dead horse with his son. Still the kid appears keen as mustard to prove all us fans wrong.
No. I think Dearden is a good player, his own man. Plays like he plays. Kyle Flanno from what I've seen needs to try and copy Reynolds. Reynolds doesn't have a running game to speak of and neither does Kyle. Kyle needs to control the game, have an excellent kicking game, manage the team like Reynolds does. And Kyle can only do that from halfback, IMO. And Kyle needs to learn to do that for at least the next 2 seasons on a minimum wage. Then with a 5/8 who has an excellent running game, we are in business, IMO. Junior hit the NRL like a tornado but under Griffin, his game devolved into a light breeze. Maybe or hopefully after he does his time, he can come back and be that excellent 5/8 we all hoped for.

Eric

Staff

So McGregor did kick him out. From memory there was a lot of disagreement about whether the Dragons simply didn't want him or the Shonkies were simply offering more money.

Eric

Staff
I'm listening to the podcast now. Haven't heard anything but my guess is that he's Flanno's 5/8 back up plan.
Could be worse. Lose a few kgs, get a bit of speed back. There have been worse 5/8s. His biggest problem playing in the forwards was his defence. Which was a really, really big problem.