Recruitment and Retention for 2024

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No. I think Dearden is a good player, his own man. Plays like he plays. Kyle Flanno from what I've seen needs to try and copy Reynolds. Reynolds doesn't have a running game to speak of and neither does Kyle. Kyle needs to control the game, have an excellent kicking game, manage the team like Reynolds does. And Kyle can only do that from halfback, IMO. And Kyle needs to learn to do that for at least the next 2 seasons on a minimum wage. Then with a 5/8 who has an excellent running game, we are in business, IMO. Junior hit the NRL like a tornado but under Griffin, his game devolved into a light breeze. Maybe or hopefully after he does his time, he can come back and be that excellent 5/8 we all hoped for.
They are talking about a 7 club bidding war for Dearden. Probably end up on over a mil a year. Is he that good? No young halves coming through ready for first grade next year?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Can't see him getting a run at 4. He's behind:
  • Lomax
  • Suli
  • Tamale
  • Feagai
  • Feagai
One Feagai is a winger the other a reserve grader, Sav not ready yet and has been training on the wing, that leaves Zac and Suli if one of them plays a different position Bird is up next.
Guess Flano disagrees with you.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
One Feagai is a winger the other a reserve grader, Sav not ready yet and has been training on the wing, that leaves Zac and Suli if one of them plays a different position Bird is up next.
Guess Flano disagrees with you.
On more than a few things.
  • Feagai's both played their junior football in the centres. It's their best position. Too slow to be good wingers. But like most of the rest of the team, need to drastically improve their defence. That goes for Bird just as much.
  • Why isn't Sav ready? Big enough, fast enough, skillful enough. Lots of other teams select 19 year-olds and younger. Especially in the backs.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
From what I’ve seen and heard his Defense is not first grade standard just yet.
Another!😣 I guess Zac and Moses are 2 players, along with JDB who tackle well enough. Russell and Sua as well. The rest need work or a lot of work on defence.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
From what I’ve seen and heard his Defense is not first grade standard just yet.
If the plan is for this backline
  1. Sloan
  2. Feagai
  3. Lomax
  4. Suli
  5. Rava
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
Sloan won't be going anywhere no matter how bad he tackles. Because Hunt will score a few solo tries and Lomax will set a few tries up for Rava but most of the tries or line breaks will have to come from Sloan either breaking the line himself or setting others up.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If the plan is for this backline
  1. Sloan
  2. Feagai
  3. Lomax
  4. Suli
  5. Rava
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
Sloan won't be going anywhere no matter how bad he tackles. Because Hunt will score a few solo tries and Lomax will set a few tries up for Rava but most of the tries or line breaks will have to come from Sloan either breaking the line himself or setting others up.
Analysis = true

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
AFB meets Phil Gould
If he can be lured away for next season, I don't think the Dogs are in the picture. The following year they might have JAC, by far the highest paid winger, off the books. Then again, who's to say he'll still be that good in 2 the 2025 season?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Good sponsorship deal being reported with the mining magnate Forrest needed some good news after losing a major sponsor. Reporting back of our jersey this coming season and then front of jersey next. So no excuses now financially it's a matter of obtaining the necessary prop forwards to give us the go forwards we haven't had for far too long. I'd like to see some of our quicker lower grade younger backs given a run this season. We are currently favourite to obtain our 1st wooden spoon since we merged, hope the punters are wrong.

Eric

Staff
Gents Hunt 1/2 back, Flanagan 5/8. Bird at 5/8 wouldn't work in my view but I can say this my mail from the Dragons camp is they most certainly won't be lacking fitness wise this season
To start with but god help Flanno is Sullivan plays well at the Tigers but Kyle picks up where he left off at his last 3 clubs.