Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt isn't a playmaker. He's a ball runner and kicker. Problem is, I don't think Kyle Flanno is a playmaker or a runner or a kicker. But he's getting first chance so good luck to him.
I think he might just surprise 😉 .......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt isn't a playmaker. He's a ball runner and kicker. Problem is, I don't think Kyle Flanno is a playmaker or a runner or a kicker. But he's getting first chance so good luck to him.
I agree, can you just for a moment imagine the pressure he is under? Plus his last winning culture that he was part of was back in 2020, 4 seasons ago. I don't envy him.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I see it this way we all really need to give Flanno a chance , he has taken over a team that has been poorly coached for over a decade ....... This year all I need to see is a team that is committed till the end , a team that can get over the advantage line so we have some chance in attack ....... Would I rather Price , Mary , Hook or Flanno ...... ?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I see it this way we all really need to give Flanno a chance , he has taken over a team that has been poorly coached for over a decade ....... This year all I need to see is a team that is committed till the end , a team that can get over the advantage line so we have some chance in attack ....... Would I rather Price , Mary , Hook or Flanno ...... ?
I believe it is called a poisoned chalice. Yes of course every dyed in the wool dragons tragic will support the coach and the team that we run out, but the reality is that we just don't have the engine room that can lay that platform so that our playmakers can play both structural and eyes up football. Personally I would like to see a more structured defensive line and individual commitment . We leaked on an average 28 points a game last season you can't be competitive leaking that many points, that is the area we need to improve on by at the very least 30% , which would mean we leak 20 odd points a game, otherwise it is going to be a very very long season.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not going to lie. When all 3 of those were appointed, I was optimistic. But that pretty quickly faded and I have massive issues on how long it took the club to sack or not renew the contract of all 3.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not going to lie. When all 3 of those were appointed, I was optimistic. But that pretty quickly faded and I have massive issues on how long it took the club to sack or not renew the contract of all 3.
I wasn't happy with McGregor. I thought after the Price debacle the club needed an experienced coach.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Give him ten games, then assess whether that is the case. Trouble is Plan B is back to the Claytons #7 (his new moniker). Fact is running and kicking is C 7's game, always has been, so baffled why firstly we ever chased him and secondly once we did, why he was put in the prime play making role.
I think a running #7 is fine just as long as he's partnered with a playmaking 5/8. But it's true the best halfbacks have been primarily playmakers who used guile and skill, not speed and strength to break open opposition lines.

Hunt isn't the best halfback but I think will do well if he's partnered with a playmaking 5/8.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Nice to see Warriors basically admitting wrong-doing by paying for Volkmans medical bills and rehabilitation. If the Dragons did it, would've come across as weak and pathetic. Letting other clubs pawn off their seriously injured players on us.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Nice to see Warriors basically admitting wrong-doing by paying for Volkmans medical bills and rehabilitation. If the Dragons did it, would've come across as weak and pathetic. Letting other clubs pawn off their seriously injured players on us.

Was it a classy act when they tried to unload their seriously injured player onto us?

Eric

Staff

Was it a classy act when they tried to unload their seriously injured player onto us?
What a farce!!!! I can't believe the media is going with this. I'd bet almost anything Volkman or someone on his behalf completely fairly threatened legal action. I can't possibly see how he was in on it unless he is the dumbest bloke on the planet. What would have had to gain?

The Warriors medical staff are either incredibly incompetent or the Warriors tried to pawn off their seriously injured player onto us under the pretext it was only a "niggling injury".

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What a farce!!!! I can't believe the media is going with this. I'd bet almost anything Volkman or someone on his behalf completely fairly threatened legal action. I can't possibly see how he was in on it unless he is the dumbest bloke on the planet. What would have had to gain?

The Warriors medical staff are either incredibly incompetent or the Warriors tried to pawn off their seriously injured player onto us under the pretext it was only a "niggling injury".
I think you will find that the RLPA was involved in sorting this issue out as once we failed to register him, and rightly so, he was no longer covered for the injury, subsequent medical procedures and then rehabilitation. Warriors were always responsible.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think you will find that the RLPA was involved in sorting this issue out as once we failed to register him, and rightly so, he was no longer covered for the injury, subsequent medical procedures and then rehabilitation. Warriors were always responsible.
Analysis = true

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
They are going to have a field-day!
Unless we win
Happy You Got It GIF by Olivia Rodrigo