Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
but in reality would he be a starting prop in any other team? I doubt it.
I dont as he is the type of player you SHOULD want starting for you. One that never shirks hard work, never takes a backward step and will give you 110% every game. Much like Jack de Belin. We may be a basket case, but we can be grateful we have this pair on our roster. Blocka would make a good skipper imho.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is R&R wavering over signing Luciano Leilua, if not we'd have had his moniker on a contract by now. Is the big fellar wanting more than out cheap skates are willing to shell out for him. Hearing the Raiders are circling while we procrastinate.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is R&R wavering over signing Luciano Leilua, if not we'd have had his moniker on a contract by now. Is the big fellar wanting more than out cheap skates are willing to shell out for him. Hearing the Raiders are circling while we procrastinate.
If reports are true. I would be baulking at $900k per season too.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
$3.5m you are joking Lucie. I want you to return home but you wont be if that is the kinda coin you are after. Tell your manager to be realistic. Word is the Raiders are baulking at that price too. Fraid you have dug yourself a deep hole old mate.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
$3.5m you are joking Lucie. I want you to return home but you wont be if that is the kinda coin you are after. Tell your manager to be realistic. Word is the Raiders are baulking at that request too. Fraid you have dug yourself a deep hole old mate.
I was in favour of signing hIm but not for anything near 900K a year for 4 years.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I dont as he is the type of player you SHOULD want starting for you. One that never shirks hard work, never takes a backward step and will give you 110% every game. Much like Jack de Belin. We may be a basket case, but we can be grateful we have this pair on our roster. Blocka would make a good skipper imho.
He is well respected by all exactly because of the reasons you have mentioned, apparently also a good bloke off the field as well which makes it almost impossible for coaches to start him off the bench.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
He is well respected by all exactly because of the reasons you have mentioned, apparently also a good bloke off the field as well which makes it almost impossible for coaches to start him off the bench.
Isn't this is why we have ended up as we are , because too much of this " because he is a good bloke " on and off the field , the coaching staff the board , the front desk ........ Need to move on from the good bloke stuff and make the hard calls , this is why we are in the mess we are in ........ Somebody needs to run this Club as a business, that has no ties with the joint ........ That's it I've had my moment of rage , that feels better .........

Eric

Staff
I agree with the type of player he is and the team is better with him on the field. That's why I want him to start off the bench so he can be on the field for longer. Because the frantic pace of games in the first minutes are very tiring. Better to have a big prop going all out, not holding back and then getting replaced by Blake who perhaps can stay on for the rest of the game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Isn't this is why we have ended up as we are , because too much of this " because he is a good bloke " on and off the field , the coaching staff the board , the front desk ........ Need to move on from the good bloke stuff and make the hard calls , this is why we are in the mess we are in ........ Somebody needs to run this Club as a business, that has no ties with the joint ........ That's it I've had my moment of rage , that feels better .........
Agree but that is the current culture

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He is well respected by all exactly because of the reasons you have mentioned, apparently also a good bloke off the field as well
Words is he has lost the gut and is looking as fit as a mallee bull. Perhaps he will be good for an extra 10 post contact metres this season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Words is he has lost the gut and is looking as fit as a mallee bull. Perhaps he will be good for an extra 10 post contact metres this season.
He looked fitter but compared to the size of those Souths forwards last night he is going to continue to struggle to put us on the front foot early in our tackle count

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone watch the Rabbits game, Forgot what day it was on. How did our new halves combo go and did any of our young reserves impress. I read Sloan had a mixed bag and Lomax was wasted on the wing. Oh yeh and how was superstar Jack Bird in Zacs position?

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS KNOCK-ON EFFECT NSW CUP TEAM LIST to play an intersquad match on Saturday. (today) in the Gong.​

1. Ben Rumble
2. Cooper Roberts
3. Brandon Webster-Mansfield
4. Ben Johnson
5. Jack Piccirilli
6. Josh Ralph
7. Jonah Glover
8. Bryce Magnone
9. Haele Finau
10. Josh Coric
11. Jackson Shereb
12. Levi Pascoe