Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Anyone watch the Rabbits game, Forgot what day it was on. How did our new halves combo go and did any of our young reserves impress. I read Sloan had a mixed bag and Lomax was wasted on the wing. Oh yeh and how was superstar Jack Bird in Zacs position?
Didn't miss much again everything went to Hunt and he still couldn't do anything against a reserve grade team ...... Until he shows me he is a 7 or better still leaves I'll keep bagging him when needed .....

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't miss much again everything went to Hunt and he still couldn't do anything against a reserve grade team ...... Until he shows me he is a 7 or better still leaves I'll keep bagging him when needed .....
So bloody sad aint it the way the sook hogs play. I suppose Flanno wont lift a finger in criticism even tho he all but cancelled out his boy. That is also sad.

Eric

Staff
I didn't see the game but reports are that Sullivan was good at 5/8 for the Tigers.

It's only a trial but if this coninues into the season, Sullivans form today vs our 5/8s form yesterday, someome needs to be held accountable!!! Even if it means sacking Flanno for providing his son with a job to the severe detriment of the team.
Have Mercy Please GIF by Xbox

NothIng wrong with putting his son first but he should concentrate on his job and then get an upgrade so he can afford to spend his own money on his son.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't see the game but reports are that Sullivan was good at 5/8 for the Tigers.

It's only a trial but if this coninues into the season, Sullivans form today vs our 5/8s form yesterday, someome needs to be held accountable!!! Even if it means sacking Flanno for providing his son with a job to the severe detriment of the team.
Have Mercy Please GIF by Xbox
Calm down. It was a trial match. BTW WTF is that weird gif supposed to mean?
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else notice all the talk about Luc has gone quiet? He was surely kidding himself asking for 900k a year. So much so that not sure I believe it.

Not that keen on signing him now anyway. We have:
  • Lawrie
  • M and F Molo
  • T and R Couchman
  • RFM
  • Sele
  • Egan
  • Eisenhuth
  • JDB
  • Su'a
  • Fifita
  • Tuitavake
  • BMM
  • A few forwards on development contracts.
I know jodragon40 jodragon40 will say we need better go-forward in the middle and I agree. But Luc won't improve that. He's not that kind of player.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Anyone else notice all the talk about Luc has gone quiet? He was surely kidding himself asking for 900k a year. So much so that not sure I believe it.

• Lawrie
  • M and F Molo
  • T and R Couchman
  • RFM
  • Sele
  • Egan
  • Eisenhuth
  • JDB
  • Su'a
  • Fifita
  • Tuitavake
  • BMM
I know jodragon40 jodragon40 will say we need better go-forward in the middle and I agree. But Luc won't improve that. He's not that kind of player.
Died down in the media, wouldn't surprise me to see him play for us on Saturday

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

• Lawrie
  • M and F Molo
  • T and R Couchman
  • RFM
  • Sele
  • Egan
  • Eisenhuth
  • JDB
  • Su'a
  • Fifita
  • Tuitavake
  • BMM
Not to mention the baggage he carriers around off the field.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

• Lawrie
  • M and F Molo
  • T and R Couchman
  • RFM
  • Sele
  • Egan
  • Eisenhuth
  • JDB
  • Su'a
  • Fifita
  • Tuitavake
  • BMM
The club told his manager we weren't interested in that price range.We need big bodied props x 2 for a 4 prop rotation. When we do we will see a marked improvement

Eric

Staff
Calm down. It was a trial match. BTW WTF is that weird gif supposed to mean?
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem
I take these kinds of things seriously. Sullivan was let go after the problems with Amone came to light. He didn't want to go I'm sure.

I'm just not as skillful at gifs as you.

Eric

Staff
According to hoops its 50/50 between us & raiders. Both offering similar deals but cowboys won't chip in. He'll be deciding by the end of the week.
I wasn't keen on signing him but the club obviously has a lot of salary cap space. If it can afford to pay out BMM and replace him with Leilua, would surely be good. But only for this year and next.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

Dragons land Luciano Leilua ........,.​

Enforcer JWH to retire at end of season | 00:28
James Hooper

James Hooper from Fox Sports
February 21st, 2024 12:23 pm
THE Dragons have finally landed one of the big-name recruits coach Shane Flanagan has been after all summer with North Queensland Cowboys backrower Luciano Leilua set to link with the Red V effective immediately on a $2.7 million three-year deal.
While St George Illawarra initially baulked at Leilua’s asking price Flanagan has been busy behind-the-scenes and has convinced Dragons management to take on Leilua’s $900,000-a-season asking price.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

James Hooper

THE Dragons have finally landed one of the big-name recruits coach Shane Flanagan has been after all summer with North Queensland Cowboys backrower Luciano Leilua set to link with the Red V effective immediately on a $2.7 million three-year deal.
While St George Illawarra initially baulked at Leilua’s asking price Flanagan has been busy behind-the-scenes and has convinced Dragons management to take on Leilua’s $900,000-a-season asking price.
Exactly what we needed, Seriously? I understand that there are compassionate reasons but why another back rower on full asking price. Which one of these new signings are going to take the 1st or 2nd hit up to put us on the bloody front foot? I acknowledge that we now look very dangerous once the ball gets to the edges but these types of players with the ability to offload and initiate 2nd phase footy need time and space to weave their magic. Has footy changed so much that I'm an old dinosaur with NFI?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

James Hooper

The deal is around 2.2 mil

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The deal is around 2.2 mil
730k a year. Not the worst or the best deal. Does it mean some of our promising young players are going to have to go elsewhere? Or we won't be able to afford to keep them? Egan and Shereb on the outer?

This looks more like Griffin mark ll more every hour.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
730k a year. Not the worst or the best deal. Does it mean some of our promising young players are going to have to go elsewhere? Or we won't be able to afford to keep them? Egan and Shereb on the outer?

This looks more like Griffin mark ll more every hour.
Egan aint ready and Shereb has done diddly squat, our other juniors need time, they are not ready either.