Recruitment and Retention for 2024

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Is it worse than the Dogs??? They have BBQs, have ***** player bone ***** teamates fiancee, fight and have one get taken to hospital.

Have a player wrestle the rest of the squad because of an insignificant misunderstanding. Now club getting sued as a result.

Then sack the head coach and all assistants every 2 years.

No, I can't agree that our culture is the worst or even close to.
Update from Magic Round:

Cocaine bust in sponsor suite rocks Magic Round​

A club is unwittingly caught in the crosshairs of a QLD police investigation following a cocaine bust at a Suncorp corporate suite during Magic Round.​

It can be revealed a Canterbury sponsor, believed to be a lower-tier corporate supporter, purchased a suite on the sixth level on the eastern side of Suncorp Stadium. The Bulldogs sponsor duly invited a number of guests to enjoy the Magic Round festivities, including the 37-year-old man, who is alleged to have smuggled cocaine into the Suncorp Stadium precinct.

It is understood Suncorp staffers detected suspicious behaviour in the suite, prompting a call to stadium security. Queensland police sniffer dogs were sent in and uncovered a bag of cocaine, with officers ejecting the Canterbury sponsor and his party of guests from the suite immediately.

The Bulldogs sponsor protested his innocence with police, insisting he was not the person in possession of drugs, but officers insisted on clearing out the corporate suite. Canterbury CEO Aaron Warburton was notified of the incident and has been in dialogue with the NRL.

Eric

Staff
Update from Magic Round:

Cocaine bust in sponsor suite rocks Magic Round​

A club is unwittingly caught in the crosshairs of a QLD police investigation following a cocaine bust at a Suncorp corporate suite during Magic Round.​

It can be revealed a Canterbury sponsor, believed to be a lower-tier corporate supporter, purchased a suite on the sixth level on the eastern side of Suncorp Stadium. The Bulldogs sponsor duly invited a number of guests to enjoy the Magic Round festivities, including the 37-year-old man, who is alleged to have smuggled cocaine into the Suncorp Stadium precinct.

It is understood Suncorp staffers detected suspicious behaviour in the suite, prompting a call to stadium security. Queensland police sniffer dogs were sent in and uncovered a bag of cocaine, with officers ejecting the Canterbury sponsor and his party of guests from the suite immediately.

The Bulldogs sponsor protested his innocence with police, insisting he was not the person in possession of drugs, but officers insisted on clearing out the corporate suite. Canterbury CEO Aaron Warburton was notified of the incident and has been in dialogue with the NRL.
Those grubs just keep screwing up but can still attract marquee players it seems we can't. Or in the case of a 5/8, don't want to.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
At the Flegg game just had a manager confirm that Sav has signed with Raiders.
Because Flanno wants to keep as much salary cap space as possible for retention of Kyle.
Cant Handle It Cm Punk GIF by WWE

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Maybe he's been a bit overrated. I hope so because otherwise it will be unforgivable. Canberra have a few good, young centres. I wonder where they see Sav fitting in.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
According to the DT, based on a confidential document they have seen, Ben Hunt is still one of the games highest earners. Kyle Flanagan is useless and is rightly called out for it but Ben Hunt is a bigger concern due to how much money he is on in my opinion.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder what position they see him playing. They already have 2 young centres who are among the better players,in their team. I'd rate them both over Suli and way better than Bird.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe he's been a bit overrated. I hope so because otherwise it will be unforgivable. Canberra have a few good, young centres. I wonder where they see Sav fitting in.
People probably looking into it a bit much. Hope so anyway. In about 2-3 years I could see us with the very strong centre combo of Lyric Craft-Te and Hayden Buchanan. The latter being a faster, more evasive, just as strong Euan Aitken who can pass and former more similar to Gaz.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
People probably looking into it a bit much. Hope so anyway. In about 2-3 years I could see us with the very strong centre combo of Lyric Craft-Te and Hayden Buchanan. The latter being a faster, more evasive, just as strong Euan Aitken who can pass and former more similar to Gaz.
Flanno will prioritise imports like Blaze Talangi. TBH, from what I've seen, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Couchman bros have to now be promoted long term as both have developed into top players with skills I have not seen from bookends in a good while. Toby who showed his stamina a few games back with a 70 min stint averages 150m and 35 tackles, Ryan a little less at 145 and 35. Both must make 5/10m PCM every carry. In this last game Ryan showed his offloading skill that gave us multiple second phase play, while Toby even put on a neat play that put Sherab into space but while diving across the line he lost the ball and six points went begging. Ressie coach needs to find another goal kicker as Glover is hopeless, he left at least 8 points out there.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We have not extended Tamale so the writing was on the wall that he was unwanted. To be brutally honest I dont mind losing him as he showed us on Sat an array of silly mistakes, one that handed them six points when he pounced on a loose ball and without looking flicked it back directly into the hands of a Dogs player that created a try at a bad time for us. He was lacklustre in attack and did nothing much in defense. On the other hand Sione Finau was outstanding and surely has done what is needed to play only his second FG game this week. The one big plus I am seeing from him and one that I have been scathing over, was not once did he leave his wing unless he felt sure he was going to nail his man which he did. Other times he guarded his flank and his opposite like all good wingers.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Couchman bros have to now be promoted as both have developed into top players with skills I have not seen from bookends in a good while. Toby who showed his stamina a few games back with a 70 min stint averages 150m and 35 tackles, Ryan a little less at 145 and 35. Both must make 5m minimum PCM every carry. In this last game Ryan showed his skill with offload after a offload that gave us good second phase play while Toby even put on a neat play that saw Sherab dive over the line near the posts only to lose it and deny us a far greater victory margin.
Need to start playing these guys or we will loose them or they loose interest ........

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Had high hopes for this kid. I note that you were reticent because of his defensive frailties
Probably another in the long line of juniors who dominate juniors because they are big. Or big and fast for a back. But in open age, that isn't enough. We'll see but obviously the club doesn't rate him.