Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hello Couchman's and the outstanding SB Ball forwards from this year.
S'ua is only 26, two years tells me he is not being seen as a long term edge forward when he appears to have finally hit his straps in the position. Has been outstanding this season. Of our best youngsters I see only Finau Latu as a future edgie, perhaps the Couchman boys too, but not under Flanagans watch.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
S'ua is only 26, two years tells me he is not being seen as a long term edge forward when he appears to have finally hit his straps in the position. Has been outstanding this season. Of our best youngsters I see only Finau Latu as a future edgie, perhaps the Couchman boys too.
Word around town is that Couchmans can play in an edge or in the middle but are better in the middle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Word around town is that Couchmans can play in an edge or in the middle but are better in the middle.
Yet to see them play on the edge. I dont see them as raw boned beefy props either where their talents are largely wasted. Luch may find himself in the front row if we cant secure a big marquee unit soon.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yet to see them play on the edge. I dont see them as raw boned beefy props either where their talents are largely wasted. Luch may find himself in the front row if we cant secure a big marquee unit soon.
Not a bad idea for Luch. Couchmans are pretty big and no doubt still getting bigger. I think they are both around 110kg. Which is bigger than Lawrie, JDB or Sele.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Really, that big.
Yes. They are tall which increases weight quite a bit. If they are going to remain middle forwards, which seems likely, I think the club will want them to remain just a bit over 110kg. I think the best props, Haas and Tino are both around 115kg.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I see. Is that what they were several months ago, start of pre-season training?
Perfect edge size for mine, tho prefer Luch at this stage. I want Toby to come off the bench sooner rather than later as his work ethic and huge engine are being wasted in a lower grade.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Perfect edge size for mine, tho prefer Luch at this stage. I want Toby to come off the bench sooner rather than later as his work ethic and huge engine are being wasted in a lower grade.
A bit small for the forwards. 189cm and 100kg is quite slight. Almost skinny.

Eric

Staff
A bit small for the forwards. 189cm and 100kg is quite slight. Almost skinny.
Playing in the middle at that weight will mean they get smashed. Though I think Lawrie is only about 103kgs. According to the club webpage, Blake is 106kgs.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Fisher Harris 187cm 103 kg
I just checked Fox stats. So Liam Martin is the same weight as Fisher Harris? I just can't believe that. Fisher Harris looks at least 10kgs bigger. Taller and bigger yet the same weight? Panthers website also lists him as 103kg. Looks can be deceiving. But I still think Couchmans will be at the best weighing about 110kg provided they can maintain stamina close to what it is now.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Couchman's remind me of Christian Welch from the Storm but an upgrade. Christian Welch 2.0 x 2. I don't think Welch could play on an edge and I think by the time the Couchman's have finished growing, they'll be similar weight. That will serve the club very well. 2 very high quality middle forwards, maybe not the best but in the top 10 for sure, for the next 10 years +.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There is no clause in Zac's contract with the Eels about who is or isn't the coach. Before anyone starts asking.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There is no clause in Zac's contract with the Eels about who is or isn't the coach. Before anyone starts asking.
He did want it but they refused. That's how much he wanted out. Barrett and he are Temora boys whether Barrett believes he is a centre or not if he gets the full time gig well we won't know until next season

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
He did want it but they refused. That's how much he wanted out. Barrett and he are Temora boys whether Barrett believes he is a centre or not if he gets the full time gig well we won't know until next season
Barrett had better turn them around or he will probably also be looking for a new job.