Recruitment and Retention for 2024

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg

Jack de Belin preparing to quit Dragons​

St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin will have to walk away from the club if he wants to a secure a multi-year deal.

Article behind a paywall. Will probably be free to view later today. I hope Jack re-signs but I think the club is right insisting he takes it a year at a time. He's a 33 year-old middle forward. Already a veteran in any position let alone middle forward. His form might go downhill very quickly or soft tissue injuries might suddenly become much more frequent and take longer to heal.
In other news, club has said it will not exercise its option for another year for Jack Bird. He isn't happy about his option to take up another year because apparently it's for less money than he wants. It gives me no pleasure to say this about a junior and long time Dragons player but bye. If he doesn't take up his option, I doubt he'll get even close to the option he has for one more year with the Dragons.

There is a possibility that the same will go for him that goes for Kyle Flanangan. If he doesn't take up the option from the Dragons, he won't have any offers at all. I guess he would be able to find a deal somewhere but it's not a sure thing.
here you go

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Jack de Belin preparing to quit Dragons​

St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin will have to walk away from the club if he wants to a secure a multi-year deal.

Article behind a paywall. Will probably be free to view later today. I hope Jack re-signs but I think the club is right insisting he takes it a year at a time. He's a 33 year-old middle forward. Already a veteran in any position let alone middle forward. His form might go downhill very quickly or soft tissue injuries might suddenly become much more frequent and take longer to heal.
In other news, club has said it will not exercise its option for another year for Jack Bird. He isn't happy about his option to take up another year because apparently it's for less money than he wants. It gives me no pleasure to say this about a junior and long time Dragons player but bye. If he doesn't take up his option, I doubt he'll get even close to the option he has for one more year with the Dragons.

There is a possibility that the same will go for him that goes for Kyle Flanangan. If he doesn't take up the option from the Dragons, he won't have any offers at all. I guess he would be able to find a deal somewhere but it's not a sure thing.
I dare Bird to not take up his option.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Millard is responsible for signing several of the outstanding SG Ball team.
If he has been with us for only six months then he was not the one that scouted Qld schools to bring Loko Jr, King-Togia, TPH here. These guys are in their second year with us, or is it three? So was likely one of these two, Mick Chebl or Craig Clifton we can thank, also Chase Stanley.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

I read this too this morning.

I hope Jack re-signs but I think the club is right insisting he takes it a year at a time.
Agree. He wants to finish his career as a one club man so after he calculates all the pros and cons, I reckon he will take up our offer. I have not heard of any other NRL club chasing him as it'd also be offering him a limited contact. If he does not accept US his only other option is to look for the bigger bucks in England, or has he also ruled out the SL.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
No that was Ian Basil Millward pathways and Junior Recruitment
Shane Billy Millard has only been with us this season and is Pathways Manager
Nerd Ok GIF by Froggy Friends

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
As far as that Parra player, Blaize Talagi goes, judging from the game Parra vs Storm yesterday, if Tamale can't get a go in first grade because of his poor defence, Blaize Talagi says hold my beer.