Recruitment and Retention for 2025

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was genuinely like checking twitter for a new signing :p, but I think you missed an 'n' or an 'i', Tonga/Latu are Top 30, King-Togia has nothing public yet.. logic states that hes surely the extra development guy though.
Sorry fat fingers, I was referring to that young prop Loko Pasifiki Tonga

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry fat fingers, I was referring to that young prop Loko Pasifiki Tonga
Fat fingers...... Not still in recovery from last nights bender.
new year party GIF

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Roosters would love him for 1yr while Cheese is out, but beyond that I doubt it.. I think if he wants to extend his career this is his chance to sign a 2yr deal..

What im nervous about is if we cant secure a decent trade from GC or Dolphins (which is where he wants to live)... what are we going to do.. I know Flanno is normally pragmatic (i.e. if noone stumps up a decent player, then we keep him), but we might be at the point where Flanno needs the guy away from the squad regardless.. so we might end up selling him and getting nothing out of it... we just dunno where things are at with the relationship.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Still talking of Hunt leaving here's hoping

Zero Idea click bait.

They mention another publications random reporters off the cuff remark.

"You mentioned the Titans. He's been linked with them, obviously, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dogs have a look at him as well."

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Zero Idea click bait.

"You mentioned the Titans. He's been linked with them, obviously, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dogs have a look at him as well."
At this stage the whole thing about Hunt wanting out is merely rumour. As far as I know anyway. Though it's interesting neither he or the club has denied it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Zero Idea click bait.

Honestly as an old broken down coach we as a club should not allow this to fester in the off-season because it will damage our ability not only as a team to move forward but also as a club. It is my view that we cannot build a competitive top 8 team around this play maker.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Roosters would love him for 1yr while Cheese is out, but beyond that I doubt it.. I think if he wants to extend his career this is his chance to sign a 2yr deal..

What im nervous about is if we cant secure a decent trade from GC or Dolphins (which is where he wants to live)... what are we going to do.. I know Flanno is normally pragmatic (i.e. if noone stumps up a decent player, then we keep him), but we might be at the point where Flanno needs the guy away from the squad regardless.. so we might end up selling him and getting nothing out of it... we just dunno where things are at with the relationship.
Don't be nervous we have achieved nothing as club since he has been here so if he left it would be impossible to have a worse result than we have been having. Let flanno rebuild and give him time to do so

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Don't be nervous we have achieved nothing as club since he has been here so if he left it would be impossible to have a worse result than we have been having. Let flanno rebuild and give him time to do so
I would like to see them make a play for Tyrell wishart if he becomes available however I don't think Melbourne will let him go

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Honestly as an old broken down coach we as a club should not allow this to fester in the off-season because it will damage our ability not only as a team to move forward but also as a club. It is my view that we cannot build a competitive top 8 team around this play maker.
I think Flanno is of the same view.. but if a trade is in play its so difficult to get the other parties (player and club) to both agree.. and right now if those clubs sit back they probably get Hunt without a trade at some point when we get desperate enough.

Our best shot is to have 2-3 irons in the fire (gc, fins, dogs, whoever) and create atleast some urgency/competition/fomo...
I do understand what you mean, but giving up a 2024 origin player is Flannos one trump card to play... its his chance at getting someone decent in return.. ideally a 6 or 7 which are all in contract for 2025... so if he gives up his trump card for nothing in return.. were gonna be running atleast a 1+ million dollar cap shortfall for 2025... and reserve grade quality in our halves.. i.e. its not giving us our best shot at success.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Flanno is of the same view.. but if a trade is in play its so difficult to get the other parties (player and club) to both agree.. and right now if those clubs sit back they probably get Hunt without a trade at some point when we get desperate enough.

Our best shot is to have 2-3 irons in the fire (gc, fins, dogs, whoever) and create atleast some urgency/competition/fomo...

I do understand what you mean, but giving up a 2024 origin player is Flannos one trump card to play... its his chance at getting someone decent in return.. ideally a 6 or 7 which are all in contract for 2025... so if he gives up his trump card for nothing in return.. were gonna be running atleast a 1+ million dollar cap shortfall for 2025... and reserve grade quality in our halves.. i.e. its not giving us our best shot at success.
6 or 7? You don't rate LKT? I don't rate him a 7.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I dont rate any of our 19yr old's as first choice first-grade players... nor our first drop injury cover, we need 3 experienced halves in our 30 by start of season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I dont rate any of our 19yr old's as first choice first-grade players... nor our first drop injury cover, we need 3 experienced halves in our 30 by start of season.
He'll be 20 and not the youngest 5/8. How old was Munster or Luai when they debuted? Or when they became regular selections. I think 19 or 20.