Round 10: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Rating out of 10. 10 being highest.
  1. Tyrell Sloan 2 (At halftime commentators were commenting on his stupid lack of involvement. In the second half, he was involved even less.)
  2. Mathew Feagai 5 (I think he went ok.)
  3. Moses Suli 5 (He was ok but WTF was that right at the end? Did he blow it on purpose because he wants the coach gone?)
  4. Max Feagai 5 (Same as his brother)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 5 (Same. Runs hard but was outplayed by the smaller, much faster Tigers outside backs.)
  6. Talatau Amone 2 (He played. I can't understand how he wouldn't want this coach to stick around. Another would have dropped him.)
  7. Ben Hunt 4 (I think Liddle is the club's best hooker. Neck and neck with Sully for the best 1/2.)
  8. Jack de Belin 7 (Carried the forward pack yet again.)
  9. Moses Mbye 3 (Just not a natural dummy half. The stats show. Everyone except the coach sees it.)
  10. Blake Lawrie 4 (Tried hard again.)
  11. Billy Burns 4 (Tried hard but really lacks talent.)
  12. Jaydn Su’A 5 (Best after JDB.)
  13. Jack Bird 4 (Needs to be on the bench!)

14. Jayden Sullivan 6 (Good solo tries to keep the game in the balance but didn't manage the team so well.)
  15. Michael Molo 4 (As for Lawrie.)
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 3 (Noticed him a few times. Running wide, not troubling the defence.)
  17. Josh Kerr 3 (Why does he keep getting picked?)

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The Board now consists of:

• Andrew Lancaster (Chairman)
  • Craig Osborne
  • Graeme Gulloch
  • Peter Doust
  • Ralph Piggott
  • Ben Creagh
  • Genevieve Gordon
  • Board member TBC
  • CEO Ryan Webb
  • Manager of Football Ben Haran
  • 1 with footballing background
  • What a bloody mess

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

• Craig Osborne
  • Graeme Gulloch
  • Peter Doust
  • Ralph Piggott
  • Ben Creagh
  • Genevieve Gordon
  • Board member TBC
  • CEO Ryan Webb
  • What a bloody mess
Piss them all off ....... Useless lot .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Rating out of 10. 10 being highest.
  1. Tyrell Sloan 2 (At halftime commentators were commenting on his stupid lack of involvement. In the second half, he was involved even less.) What does that actually mean. I saw him sniffing around the ball carrier often, slipping into dummy half often, but little chiming in first half as the team had no go forward, second half with Hunts quicker distribution, he became far more involved, safe under the bomb and his defense was better. 5
  2. Mathew Feagai 5 (I think he went ok.) poor positional play again, was mostly responsible for their first try. 4
  3. Moses Suli 5 (He was ok but WTF was that right at the end? Did he blow it on purpose because he wants the coach gone?) Powerful running. Get him in the pack.5
  4. Max Feagai 5 (Same as his brother) more impact than his brother, but like Lomax given little clean ball. 5
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 5 (Same. Runs hard but was outplayed by the smaller, much faster Tigers outside backs.)have Rava off the bench against tired forwards. 5
  6. Talatau Amone 2 (He played. I can't understand how he wouldn't want this coach to stick around. Another would have dropped him.) Bit harsh. We must have been watching different players. First thing I am seeing is his defensive improvement, he is surer with ball in hand too. Like Sloan did not have the go forward to take on the line. 5
  7. Ben Hunt 4 (I think Liddle is the club's best hooker. Neck and neck with Sully for the best 1/2.) Seemed reluctant to run from dummy half, mediocre defense, his one upside, good distribution. Will only get better, team him with Liddle and remove Mybe please. 4
  8. Jack de Belin 7 (Carried the forward pack yet again.)Tackled like a demon, strong carries, good link work. When he was given a late breather our line looked far more fragile. Our best by a country mile again. 8
  9. Moses Mbye 3 (Just not a natural dummy half. The stats show. Everyone except the coach sees it.) Ditto, probably his worst game. 3
  10. Blake Lawrie 4 (Tried hard again.) Block never stops. Like a big fat wind up doll. 6.

11 Billy Burns 4 (Tried hard but really lacks talent.) Ditto 5
12 Jaydn Su’A 5 (Best after JDB.) Good in attack but his defense can be brittle for a good sized man. 5
13 Jack Bird 4 (Needs to be on the bench!) 4. Ditto or in Ressies. Plays too many minutes and seems to go walkabout for long periods. 4

14 Jayden Sullivan 6 (Good solo tries to keep the game in the balance but didn't manage the team so well.) Without em we were sunk, their 11 will be having nitemares falling for the Sully dummy twice. Quick over 20m and I do like his enthusiasm. Have to say tho Amone has the makings of a better game manager than him or Hunt for that matter. 6
15 Michael Molo 4 (As for Lawrie.) again too few minutes to make any impact.5
16 Ben Murdoch-Masila 3 (Noticed him a few times. Running wide, not troubling the defence.) not FG standard. 3
17 Josh Kerr 3 (Why does he keep getting picked?) tried hard. 5

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Did Hunt run over and pat him on the back ? Or did he have a sook again , by being shown up again , that he is not a 7 ........
Certainly didn't
This really is a team divided. Getting rid of Lomax has seemingly done nothing to fix the divide. JDB is on one side and Hunt is on another. JDB ran over to congratulate Sullivan both times but Hunt was nowhere to be seen.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This really is a team divided. Getting rid of Lomax has seemingly done nothing to fix the divide. JDB is on one side and Hunt is on another. JDB ran over to congratulate Sullivan both times but Hunt was nowhere to be seen.
Did Suli throw that pass intentionally? Everyone is asking, he appeared that he could have made the line. Is he also in the Lomax/Lawrie camp? I guess the only way we will know if we get a new coach and start winning again. Time will tell

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Did Suli throw that pass intentionally? Everyone is asking, he appeared that he could have made the line. Is he also in the Lomax/Lawrie camp? I guess the only way we will know if we get a new coach and start winning again. Time will tell
Everyone seems to think running hard for the line was the right thing to do rather than a hail-mary pass. I guess he didn't blow the game on purpose. Just had a rush of blood. I don't know how he thinks that VERY impressive young Tigers fullback was going to stop him dead in his tracks right on the line.

On the subject of that Tigers fullback, we have to see what Sloan will do under a new coach. If there isn't a dramatic improvement, maybe he isn't the savior we all hoped he would be. Same goes for Amone.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

• Craig Osborne
  • Graeme Gulloch
  • Peter Doust
  • Ralph Piggott
  • Ben Creagh
  • Genevieve Gordon
  • Board member TBC
  • CEO Ryan Webb
  • What a bloody mess
And I'd bet Creagh is a puppet of the wheeling and dealing political animals on the board. Probably Doust especially.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Everyone seems to think running hard for the line was the right thing to do rather than a hail-mary pass. I guess he didn't blow the game on purpose. Just had a rush of blood. I don't know how he thinks that VERY impressive young Tigers fullback was going to stop him dead in his tracks right on the line.

On the subject of that Tigers fullback, we have to see what Sloan will do under a new coach. If there isn't a dramatic improvement, maybe he isn't the savior we all hoped he would be. Same goes for Amone.
I would try Lomax at fullback , Sloan ( until he develops a bit more , needs to be around top grade ) on the wing for a few games , nothing to lose there .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I would try Lomax at fullback , Sloan ( until he develops a bit more , needs to be around top grade ) on the wing for a few games , nothing to lose there .......
Don't mind the idea about Lomax but I think Sloan is fullback or not in the team. A large part of a wingers job is hitting it up, making metres. Something definitely not to Sloan. Development players are eligible from this week and according to Ben Haren, the former hospitality manager promoted by Doust to Manager of Football, there are still places in the top 30.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Don't mind the idea about Lomax but I think Sloan is fullback or not in the team. A large part of a wingers job is hitting it up, making metres. Something definitely not to Sloan. Development players are eligible from this week and according to Ben Haren, the former hospitality manager promoted by Doust to Manager of Football, there are still places in the top 30.
Mate agree with Sloan , Im just saying for the next few weeks and see how it goes , not a permanent swap , but as I said these young blokes need to be around top grade if they are our future , not pondering around lower grade learning nothing .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Mate agree with Sloan , Im just saying for the next few weeks and see how it goes , not a permanent swap , but as I said these young blokes need to be around top grade if they are our future , not pondering around lower grade learning nothing .......
Lomax would certainly appreciate the extra room to move and I too have advocated a move to the back for him. But not at the expense of Sloan who is blessed with silky ball skills plus the ability to split a defense, both major assets for a good custodian. If we keep him around the top group while he settles in and matures, where do we play him. Not wing.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Not much to lose at this point. Maybe put him there and demand he get used to running into the defence.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
on the wing for a few games , nothing to lose there .......
Wasted as we saw when Griffin had him playing there last year. Looked all at sea as was unable to use his ball skills. Besides he is kilos too small for wing with big backs lining up for a turkey shoot to belt him into touch.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Lomax would certainly appreciate the extra room to move and I too have advocated a move to the back for him. But not at the expense of Sloan who is blessed with silky ball skills plus the ability to split a defense, both major assets for a good custodian. If we keep him around the top group while he settles in and matures, where do we play him.
Options , would be , as I say this year is long gone , he can start on the bench , see how the game is panning out then , Lomax take Birds position ( give him a rest ) Sloan to fullback ....... Amone doesn't do it for me ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Wasted as we saw when Griffin had him playing there last year. Looked all at sea as was unable to use his ball skills. Besides he is kilos too small for wing with big backs having a turkey shoot by belting him into touch.
There's that as well. Wouldn't do any good for his confidence.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Seem to remember that Lomax at fullback was tried by Mary when Lomax was demanding a go and Dufty was out of favour. Took a couple of weeks of poor performances before Zac was shifted back to centre.