Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I would have thought Max Feagai is a much better option than Moga. Interesting to see if Su'a returns. What is the coach going to do to accommodate him? I guess Sims will move back to the bench. No surprise to see Mbye and McCullough picked. Obviously Sullivan, Mbye and McCullough won't all be in the 17 so McGuire or Su'a will come in.

St George Illawarra Dragons team:​

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Andrew McCullough
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Jayden Sullivan
  18. Josh Mcguire
  19. Jaydn Su’A
  20. Jonathon Reuben
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Josh Kerr

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I would have thought Max Feagai is a much better option than Moga. Interesting to see if Su'a returns. What is the coach going to do to accommodate him? I guess Sims will move back to the bench. No surprise to see Mbye and McCullough picked. Obviously Sullivan, Mbye and McCullough won't all be in the 17 so McGuire or Su'a will come in.

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Andrew McCullough
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Jayden Sullivan
  18. Josh Mcguire
  19. Jaydn Su’A
  20. Jonathon Reuben
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Josh Kerr
Unless NQ rest their 6 SOO reps, this might be a hard game. They have a young team and especially a young forward pack full of running.

Eric

Staff

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Andrew McCullough
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Jayden Sullivan
  18. Josh Mcguire
  19. Jaydn Su’A
  20. Jonathon Reuben
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Josh Kerr
#14, #15, #18, #9, all the veteran journymen will be in the 17.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Andrew McCullough
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Jayden Sullivan
  18. Josh Mcguire
  19. Jaydn Su’A
  20. Jonathon Reuben
  21. Jaiyden Hunt
  22. Josh Kerr
At least Griffin has seen the lite and benched Macca. Now closer to Ressies and a promotion for Muhleisen. Big surprise to see Sua back so soon. Must not be match fit as yet otherwise the perfect replacement for a tired Tariq. Give Jaiden Hunt a crack in Woods place. Nine games with a piddling 500m is not first grade standard Woodsy. Still no room in the 17 for an improving George Burgess.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Who agrees with me over making a play for out of favor Titans playmaker Tannah Boyd. I saw this bloke carve up the Kiwis for the Junior Kangaroos at 5/8 a few years back. He must have been managed poorly since then if he is only a bench utility for the Gold Coasters.
I'm afraid not me because we have Sullivan and Amone!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
At least Griffin has seen the lite and benched Macca. Now closer to Ressies and a promotion for Muhleisen. Big surprise to see Sua back so soon. Must not be match fit as yet otherwise the perfect replacement for a tired Tariq. Give Jaiden Hunt a crack in Woods place. Nine games with a piddling 500m is not first grade standard Woodsy. Still no room in the 17 for an improving George Burgess.
I would like to be optimistic like you but I'm afraid I'm not. I think it's because he sees Macca ad not being match fit after a few weeks off.

Muhleisen should be the hooker with an eye to playing 80min! Mbye on the bench as injury cover only.
If the coach is right and Muhleisen isn't ready for first grade, there is no reason the coach can't drop him back to NSW Cup. Just ask Sloan. And if Mbye is on the bench, no reason the coach can't drop Muhleisen mid game if he's having a really hard time. I really don't understand what the coaching staff is thinking.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I would like to be optimistic like you but I'm afraid I'm not. I think it's because he sees Macca ad not being match fit after a few weeks off.

Muhleisen should be the hooker with an eye to playing 80min! Mbye on the bench as injury cover only.
If the coach is right and Muhleisen isn't ready for first grade, there is no reason the coach can't drop him back to NSW Cup. Just ask Sloan. And if Mbye is on the bench, no reason the coach can't drop Muhleisen mid game if he's having a really hard time. I really don't understand what the coaching staff is thinking.
Yes, my wishful thinking as Griffin wont drop the tortoise.
Muhleisen should be the hooker with an eye to playing 80min!
You and I can see that, pity our bias coach does not. And our equally dumb board gave this bloke a year extension!

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes, my wishful thinking as Griffin wont drop the tortoise.

You and I can see that, pity our bias coach does not. And our equally dumb board gave this bloke a year extension!
Muhleisen has only been available the last 2 games so lets not set up the gallows just yet. I can only guess Hook thinks Muhleisen's defence isn't good enough at this time.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I see Boyd as a good mentor to Junior and Bud.
He's only a year or two older, isn't he? And played less first grade than both.
Muhleisen has only been available the last 2 games so lets not set up the gallows just yet. I can only guess Hook thinks Muhleisen's defence isn't good enough at this time.
There's always an excuse to stick with his star #9 from the Broncos U20s team of 15 years ago. And to pick his star off season recruit who couldn't hold down a regular spot in the Tigers team. Tigers hooker problems are well known. They keep dropping players, bringing new ones in, dropping them and recalling previously dropped players and nothing is working for them. But even they could see Mbye wasn't the answer.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
According to his stats he has played all 12 rounds Ryan Ryan .
Well we know Griffin is blinkered. So probably does not see that the 'pocket rocket' is third best defender in the Ressie comp. Usually nails his man too as he is not in the top 50 for missed tackles. He has his fair share of try assists, dummy half snipes and line breaks. To top off his resume he kicks goals. So set up the gallows.
I think Ryan Ryan is referring to development players, which Muhleisen is, have only been available for the last 2 or 3 games.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Ryan Ryan is referring to development players, which Muhleisen is, have only been available for the last 2 or 3 games.
yes.
According to his stats he has played all 12 rounds Ryan Ryan .
Well we know Griffin is blinkered. So probably does not see that the 'pocket rocket' is third best defender in the Ressie comp. Usually nails his man too as he is not in the top 50 for missed tackles. He has his fair share of try assists, dummy half snipes and line breaks. To top off his resume he kicks goals. So set up the gallows.
He has only been available for NRL selection for the last 2 games.
I find some of the coaches selection decisions as strange as everyone else but there is more than enough accurate decisions that we don't need to blame him for things that aren't his fault. Unless you want to blame him for not offering Muhleisen a top 30 contract last year or early this year.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The team I would have picked for this game:
  1. Ramsey (Sloan needs to cool his heels in reserves for another week or two, until he's much more confident under the bomb.)
  2. Feagai
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai (Moga is a barely first grade standard journeyman at the end of his career. Max Feagai was even better than Matt in the juniors. Why pick Moga? Weird!)
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. F. Molo
  9. Muhleisen
  10. J. Hunt
  11. Sims
  12. Su'A (Bird if he's still injured)
  13. de Belin
14. Mbye
15. Bird
16. M. Molo
17. Lawrie

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Ramsey (Sloan needs to cool his heels in reserves for another week or two, until he's much more confident under the bomb.)
  2. Feagai
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai (Moga is a barely first grade standard journeyman at the end of his career. Max Feagai was even better than Matt in the juniors. Why pick Moga? Weird!)
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. F. Molo
  9. Muhleisen
  10. J. Hunt
  11. Sims
  13. de Belin
14. Mbye
15. Bird
16. M. Molo
17. Lawrie
What about Jack Gosiewski😖?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  2. Feagai
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. F. Molo
  9. Muhleisen
  10. J. Hunt
  11. Sims
  13. de Belin
14. Mbye
15. Bird
16. M. Molo
17. Lawrie
Rumour going around is that Cowboys are going to rest all their SOO reps who played. The above team could probably beat them. As for the team of Griffin's inspired selections who run out, they'll probably lose.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Rumour going around is that Cowboys are going to rest all their SOO reps who played. The above team could probably beat them. As for the team of Griffin's inspired selections who run out, they'll probably lose.
I'm not blaming Griffin yet. It takes a few years to start from scratch and build a team. This is only his second year. I don't like a few little things he's done, like picking Moga this weekend rather than Max Feagai, but the Macca-Mbye-Muhleisen situation is the only thing really getting on my nerves. It seems to me the Hook just really doesn't want to drop Macca.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not blaming Griffin yet. It takes a few years to start from scratch and build a team. This is only his second year. I don't like a few little things he's done, like picking Moga this weekend rather than Max Feagai, but the Macca-Mbye-Muhleisen situation is the only thing really getting on my nerves. It seems to me the Hook just really doesn't want to drop Macca.
How long do you give him?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
How long do you give him?
I've been pretty consistent. Team should be firing come round 1 next year. That doesn't mean win every game but by the mid way point of next season, the team should be entrenched in the top 8 or no extension for Hook. NSW Cup and Flegg should be going well, as well. They are already doing pretty well so that shouldn't be an issue.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I've been pretty consistent. Team should be firing come round 1 next year. That doesn't mean win every game but by the mid way point of next season, the team should be entrenched in the top 8 or no extension for Hook. NSW Cup and Flegg should be going well, as well. They are already doing pretty well so that shouldn't be an issue.
Jersey Flegg going well is a good sign. I'll give the coaching staff that much. I think apart from Coric who's in and out of the NSW Cup side and to a lesser extent J. Hunt because he is already 23, there aren't any forwards in the NSW Cup team ready to make their first grade debut next year.