Round 15: St George Illawarra v Manly

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
. Sloan has had enough chances the guy lacks aggression in attack and defence ..
Mate agree with much of your content, but cant with this. Did you miss the kick return in 26min when he pushed off two guys, one J Turbo a good defender. If that aint intent like to know what is. He is now attacking the bomb more too . Sloan has been a slow burn developer but is now looking far more mature in all aspects of his game this season.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Mate agree with much of your content, but must not here. Did you miss the kick return in 26min when he pushed off two guys, one J Turbo a prop and gun defender. If that aint intent like to know what is. He is now attacking the bomb more too and his one on one defense has improved. Sloan has been a slow burn developer but is now looking far more mature this season.
Very, very slow. I remember that run. At the end of it wasn't be hammered, put on his back and got a slow play the ball?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Illusion Illusion Sloan showing his improved defensive attitude with a probable try saver 20 min s/h on Saab after tortoise Feagai again could only watch as that guy sliced past him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
They were carving us thru the middle while our best defender was kept off. Finally back on with 15 left and with most of the damage done.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Cherry Evans outplayed Hunt hands down.
Hunt had his worst game in a while. I think the plan was for Kyle Flanno to take over most of the game management and let Hunt concentrate on individual brilliance. Like 40-20s and of course his running game. So much for that.

Eric

Staff
Honestly, de Belin's stats are very good. 87 run metres and 19 tackles in 45min. Why did Flanno only give him 45min? WTF is he thinking? He does some things which seem to defy common sense. Not picking the Couchman's for so long. Still not picking one. Dropping Finau after he was probably the pick of the back 5. Dropping him way back behind the Feagai's and CT. Only playing uninjured JDB for 45min. Doesn't make any sense!

Eric

Staff
Is he under orders from the BOD to give him less time to impress so he will be keener to join the Rabbits. Just a theory.
Not a bad theory at all. Bring down his average run metres in order to justify moving him on. How else would anyone explain it?

Then we come to his recruitment. In an already "oldish" team, he runs around recruiting every journeyman not wanted elsewhere on the market.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Honestly, de Belin's stats are very good. 87 run metres and 19 tackles in 45min. Why did Flanno only give him 45min? WTF is he thinking? He does some things which seem to defy common sense. Not picking the Couchman's for so long. Still not picking one. Dropping Finau after he was probably the pick of the back 5. Dropping him way back behind the Feagai's and CT. Only playing uninjured JDB for 45min. Doesn't make any sense!
💯 Correct, defies common sense and logic.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not sure I can equate those words to him. Actually he did kick a 40/20, his first for some time. K Flanno is a niftier runner too.
He kicked a good 40-20 and that was almost a good solo try when he was taken high. But once again, can I bring your attention to his halves partner? What is his job?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate agree with much of your content, but must not here. Did you miss the kick return in 26min when he pushed off two guys, one J Turbo a good defender. If that aint intent like to know what is. He is now attacking the bomb more too . Sloan has been a slow burn developer but is now looking far more mature this season.
Mate I hope he comes good , but he is taking his time , I'm comparing him to other young fullbacks that have had less time than him and one played against us on Sunday , young Hopa , then the young fullback from the Storm only a hand full of games ........ I'm not at all against young Sloan but he needs to get more aggressive with everything he does , when he does make a break head down and go for it as if he is going to score ..... Seen him ease up looking for support the kid is fast enough to go all out and take players on ...... Anyway hope next game he has a blinder then I will love him again ...... Time will tell .......