Round 15: St George Illawarra v Manly

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
R. Faitala-Mariner has played one good game this season, a blinder in fact. Before and since then he has produced figures like this, 32 rm from 4 runs, 11tackles. In fact his tackle count is down from earlier. Did he play edge and major mins, if so those are abysmal stats and he must be dropped..
He was on the bench today. I'd say RFM, BMM and Eisenhuth are all very inferior to Ryan Couchman. But Flanno is incredibly obstinate. He'll never admit he was wrong.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have to find better, specially round the scrum base, ha ha we dont have those any more. The Ruck. Been watching too many old Kangaroo matches.
Hunt is one of the best hookers in the country. Maybe the best. Average halfback. Has some good runs but can't manage a game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He was on the bench today. I'd say RFM, BMM and Eisenhuth are all very inferior to Ryan Couchman. But Flanno is incredibly obstinate. He'll never admit he was wrong.
I changed those stats in another post as was being a touch harsh. Even the new ones are not first grade standard for the mins played. Eisenhuth has even lifted his rm, but he too is playing major mins so not all that good..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt is one of the best hookers in the country. Maybe the best. Average halfback. Has some good runs but can't manage a game.

Would not go that far. One of the top 8 probably. He still lacks being a quality defender like the best rakes..
Like 100 bucks for every time I have read or heard that. I must have posted it 50 times alone.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Would not go that far. One of the top 8 probably. He still lacks being a quality defender like the best rakes..
Like 100 bucks for every time I have read or heard that. I must have posted it 50 times alone.
Hunt only top 8 hooker? Who are the top 5? I know a lot of people would say Grant in No.1. Maybe right but in my books, Hunt is right up there with him.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I changed those stats in another post as was being a touch harsh. Even the new ones are not first grade standard for the mins played. Eisenhuth has even lifted his rm, but he too is playing major mins so not all that good..
Eisenhuth was the recipient of a good JDB or Su'A offload and ran for 30m. Other than that, hardly noticed.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Grant
Cook
Korasau
Robson
Brailey.
Smith
Egan
Hunt

Not sure how you can rate Hunt above them as he only plays there three times every year.
Cook was one of the best. Not anymore. Not even close. Brailey, both of them, are massively overrated but Egan is a gun. Right up there with Hunt and Grant.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bitterly disappointed. That's all I have to say. And also JDB should be playing 60min a game unless he's injured. Not a bit over 40min. What is Flanno doing? He keeps doing these things like not selecting the Couchmans and playing JDB only 40min when 4 out of 5 supporters scratch their head. Is the dickhead only trying to prove that "he doesn't listen to fans"?

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Losing Suli pre-game was a blow and the obstruction try was a bad call— but they just looked off their game. Like when Hunt kicked for Lomax, a certain try—except he kicked it too hard and it went harmlessly into touch. But still even though they should have had a handy lead at half time, a win looked on the cards. But Manly just had more intensity in the second half and wanted to win more than the dragons.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Grant
Cook
Korasau
Robson
Brailey.
Smith
Egan
Hunt

Not sure how you can rate Hunt above them as he only plays there three times every year.
Exactly. He only plays there 3 times and excels. Imagine how good he could be if he was training and playing there every week. Due to his age I'd prefer the Dragons sign Grant but now you pointed out Hunt only plays there 3 times a year, I'd say Hunt is potentially the best No.9 in the comp.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Matt Feigai was a country mile out of position for their first try. Grabbed at thin air for their second. NOTHING has changed from last year. Zilch..

Great set leading into our second try by keeping the ball alive. Need more of this. Why wasnt Luch credited with the TA thru his inside pass to Flanno.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Exactly. He only plays there 3 times and excels. Imagine how good he could be if he was training and playing there every week. Due to his age I'd prefer the Dragons sign Grant but now you pointed out Hunt only plays there 3 times a year, I'd say Hunt is potentially the best No.9 in the comp.
Doesn't Grant play for 80min in club games? Hunt plays high intensity when he plays hooker but can only do it for around 40min.