Round 15: St George Illawarra v Manly

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Poor game management cost us dearly in that 2nd half. With the breeze at our back and after a successful 40/20 kick early in the 2nd half we never saw another attempt. Too many missed tackles in and around the middle of the park and on both edges. Aimless attacking structures, a fb who couldn't inject himself into the line it was very poor with so much on the line. At the beginning of the season I predicted at best 12th position finish and nothing I have seen so far this season has changed my view.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Poor game management cost us dearly in that 2nd half. With the breeze at our back and after a successful 40/20 kick early in the 2nd half we never saw another attempt. Too many missed tackles in and around the middle of the park and on both edges. Aimless attacking structures, a fb who couldn't inject himself into the line it was very poor with so much on the line. At the beginning of the season I predicted at best 12th position finish and nothing I have seen so far this season has changed my view.
Good analysis.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
  • BMM in the team ahead of Ryan Couchman is a farce.
  • Is Sione Finau injured? Did I see the wrong game a couple of weeks ago was Penrith? I thought I saw Finau play quite well.
  • Some nice touches for both Hunt and Kyle but they failed to take advantage of Manly's injury problems.
  • Backs are still too slow. Which goes back to CT in rather than Finau.
  • Sloan went missing for most of the game.
  • Eisenhuth is apparently in for his tackling. I haven't looked at the stats but I notice he misses a few tackles and gets dragged along a few metres for others. He hardly stops them in their tracks as JDB does and Couchman's to an extent as well.
  • Another Liddle game. He goes ok but he's not going to win you many games like good hookers do.
How long was JDB off for? Seemed too long to me but he might have been on, just unusually quiet.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We just cant maintain consistency, not having the troops is the problem Flanagan. This club needs a large injection of quality, where it comes from is anyones guess.

Eric

Staff
We just cant maintain consistency, not having the troops is the problem Flanagan. This club needs a large injection of quality, where it comes from is anyones guess.
It would help if Flanno stopped his bizarre selections. Talking about the non picking of Ryan Couchman and Sione Finau and the fact it took Flanno so long to select Toby Couchman. With a bit more punch in the middle and a bit more speed on the wing, I think we might have been leading by 18 points at halftime.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
How long was JDB off for? Seemed too long to me but he might have been on, just unusually quiet.
I looked at that when we needed more impetus going forward especially in that 2nd half I didn't see too much of him. The stats revealed he played on 46 min today.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Let's be honest here our spine is not and never will be a competitive top 8 team. Sloan/ Flanagan/Hunt/Liddle at the very best a team that can reach 12th on the ladder this season.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Play possession football, don't miss one on one tackles use the breeze turn their forwards around play the game in their half and we win
That what Hunt is suppose to do ...... The guy just can't manage a game ....... Clayton 7 .......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Let's be honest here our spine is not and never will be a competitive top 8 team. Sloan/ Flanagan/Hunt/Liddle at the very best a team that can reach 12th on the ladder this season.
Hunt and Sloan both bad today ...... Sloan has had enough chances the guy lacks aggression in attack and defence ....... And agree with the spine ....... Throw in Lawrie also the guy was on too long e never bends the line we seem to go backwards when he comes on .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Which goes back to CT in rather than Finau.
He just does not wanna pick anyone for more than one game over his chosen players, ie, CT, RFM, Eisenhuth, who else did he bring here. Next season it will be Allan, another of his chosen few.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jack ran only about 70 with a tackle count under 20. Cant recall when he had such pissweak stats. Is his battle to stay at the club he'd die for taking a mental toll on him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
R. Faitala-Mariner has played one good game this season, a blinder in fact. Before and since then he has produced figures like this, 50/60 rm from 6 runs, about 20 tackles and he has played almost full mins.Those are mediocre stats at best and he must be dropped..

Last edited: