Round 19: St George Illawarra v Canberra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Defence again inside the 20m again this time Molo. Can anyone explain to me what a prop forward is doing defending as a centre?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Paul Turner 5/10 not bad, not good.
  2. Mathew Feagai 6/10 Best game for a while. Still gets run around far too much.
  3. Moses Suli 5/10 quiet
  4. Zac Lomax 8/10 best game I can remember him playing.
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 7/10 Always plays well when Zac plays well.
  6. Talatau Amone 8/10 Same as Lomax.
  7. Jayden Sullivan 5/10 Disappointing.
  8. Francis Molo 3/10 Why does he still get picked?
  9. Jacob Liddle 5/10 Not bad or good.
  10. Blake Lawrie 4/10 Make de Belin captain. Something went to his head. He missed a few really easy tackles which led to tries.
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 2/10 I give up on this bloke. 2 is flattering him. Offered nothing in attack and defence is not U20s standard.
  12. Billy Burns 7/10 Best game for him. Was always better than BMM.
  13. Jack de Belin 8/10 Once again,held the forward together as much as they held together.

14. Moses Mbye 7/10 better in the halves or fullback than hooker.
  15. Michael Molo 5/10 quiet
  16. Toby Couchman 6/10 Definitely needs to remain in the 17.
  17. Dan Russell 6/10 better than BMM by a long way.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Paul Turner 5/10 not bad, not good.
  2. Mathew Feagai 6/10 Best game for a while. Still gets run around far too much.
  3. Moses Suli 5/10 quiet
  4. Zac Lomax 8/10 best game I can remember him playing.
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 7/10 Always plays well when Zac plays well.
  6. Talatau Amone 8/10 Same as Lomax.
  7. Jayden Sullivan 5/10 Disappointing.
  8. Francis Molo 3/10 Why does he still get picked?
  9. Jacob Liddle 5/10 Not bad or good.
  10. Blake Lawrie 4/10 Make de Belin captain. Something went to his head. He missed a few really easy tackles which led to tries.
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 2/10 I give up on this bloke. 2 is flattering him. Offered nothing in attack and defence is not U20s standard.
  12. Billy Burns 7/10 Best game for him. Was always better than BMM.
  13. Jack de Belin 8/10 Once again,held the forward together as much as they held together.

14. Moses Mbye 7/10 better in the halves or fullback than hooker.
  15. Michael Molo 5/10 quiet
  16. Toby Couchman 6/10 Definitely needs to remain in the 17.
  17. Dan Russell 6/10 better than BMM by a long way.
I almost turned off at halftime. Its not so bad a result. Some of that defence was just blokes not trying. If we had won, that might have been glossed over. Would have been by Griffin if it was one of his favourite QLDers like Frank Molo. Or his other favourite forward, Jack Bird.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Stats say BMM only missed 3 tackles. Might be true. The one's he missed were pathetic attempts and led to tries. Feagai is also costing us but there is no one better to place him with. There are at least 3, maybe 4 who can/should have already replaced BMM.

Eric

Staff
Stats say BMM only missed 3 tackles. Might be true. The one's he missed were pathetic attempts and led to tries. Feagai is also costing us but there is no one better to place him with. There are at least 3, maybe 4 who can/should have already replaced BMM.
I usually don't pay attention to stats. I just wait for jodragon40 jodragon40's analysis. But Jack de Belin....174m run and 46 tackles. And I think every one of those 46 was high quality.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Talatau Amone 8/10 Same as Lomax.
Music to my ears that Junior has backed up his Ressies game with another beauty. Tele scribe said ''Amone was in everything good about the Dragons''. If Lomax also rated an 8 then he must have been given plenty of leather. Two good signs going forward. Was Sloans silky footwork and anticipation missed?

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Three forwards ran over 100m, Lawrie, Burns, F Molo. Did not even know Burns had been picked. Feagai gifted the Raiders two tries, was again so often way out of position. Sully another quiet one, 53m , 8T, no LB or TA. Carr continues to give M Molo and Toby Couchman pissy mins and the lazy BMM full mins.. mind boggling.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Three forwards ran over 100m, Lawrie, Burns, F Molo. Did not even know Burns had been picked. How many tries did Feagai gift this week. Sully another quiet one, 53m , 8 tackles no TA. Carr continues to give M Molo and Toby Couchman pissy mins.
Lawrie was poor. A few really bad missed tackles and didn't even bend the defensive line. I guess he might have made plenty of runs to get over 100m. JDB was the pick of the forwards followed by Burns. Couchman was good for the limited period he was on. He's big now but next year when he's 5kg heavier...... Maybe we don't need to worry about props. M. Molo tries hard but I'm pretty sure he and his brother won't be re-signed.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Music to my ears that Junior has backed up his Ressies game with another beauty. Tele scribe said ''Amone was everything good about the Dragons''. If Lomax also rated an 8 then he must have been given plenty of leather. Two good signs going forward. Was Sloans silky footwork and anticipation missed?
He's a confidence player for sure. Griffin strangled the confidence out of him. Maybe he is starting to regain it now.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Murdoch-Masila 2/10 I give up on this bloke. 2 is flattering him. Offered nothing in attack and defence is not U20s standard.

Yet bizarrely our coaches dont see it.