Round 21: Dragons vs Penrith Panthers - 28 July @ 2PM

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Panthers are just going through the motions, game management in the 2nd half has been quality and as a coach what you desire. Add that to the fact they lost one of their enforcers early on JFH and their fullback it is a pretty impressive result albeit against a Dragons team that is not playing semi finals football again this season.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Kyle's effort in defence is there and his technique is good but often he just isn't strong enough to drag ball runners to ground.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
3. Toby Couchman
2. Luciano (no mistakes or obviously missed tackles and seemed to trouble them a bit)
1. Lomax

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And that there my friends shows you there is no substitute for speed. We do not have a backline quick enough to take advantage of an intercept or good execution of our attacking structures. Until we do no semi finals football

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
B Hunt it's in the Guinness book of records
Before today
Happy Episode 7 GIF by Wrexham AFC

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Tune in next week when the Storm will want to send a message to the Panthers using us as the whipping boys. Storm will want to at the very least match what the Panthers just did mark my words

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Was a decent 2nd half.. I think we will be better next week, we were super clunky after the bye.. everything wasnt going to hand.. tbf the panthers were missing their big prop for 75mins.. so its not great.

Hes gonna have to bring back Ravalawa or Sloan next week.. not ideal.. and I reckon Ryan is in for BMM, we need to wait to see if we end up with suspensions though.

Hunt had one of his worst.. but there is noone in the system to replace anyway, and I think he will be better next week, he was the clunkiest of them all today after origin and the bye.. lomax was a bit also.. need to get their heads back into club footy.

Tough week..

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Was a decent 2nd half.. I think we will be better next week, we were super clunky after the bye.. everything wasnt going to hand.. tbf the panthers were missing their big prop for 75mins.. so its not great.

Hes gonna have to bring back Ravalawa or Sloan next week.. not ideal.. and I reckon Ryan is in for BMM, we need to wait to see if we end up with suspensions though.

Hunt had one of his worst.. but there is noone in the system to replace anyway, and I think he will be better next week, he was the clunkiest of them all today after origin and the bye.. lomax was a bit also.. need to get their heads back into club footy.

Tough week..
Doesn't get any easier next week against a Storm team that will want to match what the Panthers just did to us. A very very long week coming up.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Tough week..
Earlier this week or maybe last week I said the Dragons can mostly match them except for the halves. Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Kyle Flanno but I'm going to hold fire on him this week because his halves partner had an absolute shocker.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Doesn't get any easier next week against a Storm team that will want to match what the Panthers just did to us. A very very long week coming up.
100% Agree, I hate playing the Storm.. they always smash us, especially away from home.. we just need to get some combinations before we go into the Dogs game.. we had no connection today.

Doesnt help that Mathew Feagai will miss the game either through HIA or possibly suspension..

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Earlier this week or maybe last week I said the Dragons can mostly match them except for the halves. Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Kyle Flanno but I'm going to hold fire on him this week because his halves partner had an absolute shocker.
You were being kind to us. We were never going to match their pack. But good to see.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
100% Agree, I hate playing the Storm.. they always smash us, especially away from home.. we just need to get some combinations before we go into the Dogs game.. we had no connection today.

Doesnt help that Mathew Feagai will miss the game either through HIA or possibly suspension..
Let me tell you , using my experience that footballing lesson we just received plus the one we are about to receive next week will affect the mindset of individual players and the team. We are no chance against the Dogs unless the coach weaves some magic but I can't see it happening unfortunately