Round 23: St George Illawarra vs Parramatta Eels

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It certainly was. 26-10 takes some coming back from. Even if the Bunker said Liddle dropped it it bloody went backwards your drongos.
That's what I was thinking too. If it indeed was a drop rather than a strip, didn't it clearly go backwards?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
That disallowed Amone try, then the Hunt error, a poor one on one miss from Rava, our lack of condition, self belief and not having our superman JDB on deck all combined to deny us a well deserved win.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So Graham Annersley has just announced a review of referees performance over the weekend in our game got it wrong. He said the review reveals it was not a body tackle but an attempt at a one on one strip which was successful went backwards towards Amone who collected the ball correctly and scored under the post. It was a try. Cold comfort to our team. I've emailed the NRL and requested that I can get an interview to perform duties in the bunker next year or alternatively allow a Labrador seeing eye dog to be present next to the official in the bunker. It's really unacceptable. I don't expect a reply.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So Graham Annersley has just announced a review of referees performance over the weekend in our game got it wrong. He said the review reveals it was not a body tackle but an attempt at a one on one strip which was successful went backwards towards Amone who collected the ball correctly and scored under the post. It was a try. Cold comfort to our team. I've emailed the NRL and requested that I can get an interview to perform duties in the bunker next year or alternatively allow a Labrador seeing eye dog to be present next to the official in the bunker. It's really unacceptable. I don't expect a reply.
It was a clear strip and went backwards yet, no try. It's so bad I think the NRL should look into the financial situation of the refs.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It was a clear strip and went backwards yet, no try. It's so bad I think the NRL should look into the financial situation of the refs.
100% a try and I said that just looking at it once ....... So if that's the way they are going to go , then piss that rule off and let anyone strip the ball no matter how many in the tackle ....... Complete wank .....

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
That disallowed Amone try, then the Hunt error, a poor one on one miss from Rava, our lack of condition, self belief and not having our superman JDB on deck all combined to deny us a well deserved win.
Just on that game , when they are competing and scoring points the Sloan can't defend, thing doesn't stick out like a sore thumb ...... It's when the defenders are letting teams run through them , then it's more of a stand out ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just on that game , when they are competing and scoring points the Sloan can't defend, thing doesn't stick out like a sore thumb ...... It's when the defenders are letting teams run through them , then it's more of a stand out ......
The front line should defend much better so Sloan doesn't get found out so often but every fullback is called on to make tackles. Sloan has to learn to tackle much better.

Eric

Staff
He would but his team won't be playing semi finals football either this year
I'm bitterly disappointed and a little angry over what happened but to be honest, I'd prefer to see Parramatta make it into the finals than Shonkies, Souffs or Rorters.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Would rather they just shut up than come out and say we wuz wrong. This just pisses me off more because what are you going to do about it now? Sack the fool who made the call and move on.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
It’s official—-we wiz robbed by Guth the Stripper ! Imaging if that happened in a grand final !
In the press conference Annesly basically said we were robbed and it was really pretty obvious and then he said, "ok, anymore questions on that?" Nothing. But yeah, I have a question; What are you going to do to hold the officials accountable????

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
And as for the commentators wetting themselves because Zac didn't get sent to the bin for a hard body slam that was nowhere near the head when it was not even worthy of a penalty..spare me.
I ended up turning the volume down to nothing. Not long after the Amone no try. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Steve Roach was ok but I could no longer listen to the other idiot.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And as for the commentators wetting themselves because Zac didn't get sent to the bin for a hard body slam that was nowhere near the head when it was not even worthy of a penalty..spare me.
As a coach you instill into your players especially in defence be aggressive, try to dominate your opponent, but do it within the laws of the game. No silly penalties, use controlled aggression. That tackle lifts the spirits of the team of course until you are unreasonably penalised

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
To me that commentator was biased and didn't know the laws of the game. It was a bone jarring body slam something that he is being renowned for and should continue to do moving forward

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
BIT LATE AFTER THE HORSE HAS BOLTED. SACK THE BUNKER.