GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Could anyone explain WTF the following is about?

Jaydn Su’A has narrowly escaped receiving a charge from the NRL, however teammate George Burgess wasn’t as lucky getting charged with dangerous contact on Jarome Luai.

One is either charged or isn't. It sounds like '****** narrowly avoided being impregnated.'
I think I know. Firstly, he or she wanted St George to lose. Secondly, he or she is an idiot not able to formulate words that make sense in the quest to justify the sin binning.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Based on yesterdays game, next week's backline will almost certainly be the same though if Lomax does that again, he might find himself having a spell in the NSW Cup. The forward pack I'd go with would be:
  • 8 Woods
  • 9 not sure. I guess Mbye.
  • 10 Molo
  • 11 Su'a
  • 12 Sims
  • 13 De Belin
And on the bench:
  • Bird
  • Lawrie
  • Kerr (I've been a critic but that second half was by far the best I've seen him play, ever)
  • ?????? Is Sullivan still injured? Maybe the coach will choose to appease jodragon40 jodragon40 and go with Gosiewski. In all seriousness, I think he might be the best option if Sullivan is unavailable.
If Mybe goes down, that will be a huge problem. I guess Hunt to hooker and Bird to the halves.
So the pack in my view will be Lawrie Mbye Molo Sua Bird Debelin Gosiewski will be on the bench and Kerr did enough to hold his spot Burgess will be the third and I'm tipping either Moga or Feigai to fill the last spot

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
So the pack in my view will be Lawrie Mbye Molo Sua Bird Debelin Gosiewski will be on the bench and Kerr did enough to hold his spot Burgess will be the third and I'm tipping either Moga or Feigai to fill the last spot
Woods, even if fit misses out?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I like Lawrie as well. Being a local junior and given how much effort he puts in but in the first 15min against Penrith he was getting dominated. Pushed back again and again. When he came on for a second stint, he was good. As you would expect given his smaller size but superior stamina. It's for this reason I think he should start off the bench.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I like Lawrie as well. Being a local junior and given how much effort he puts in but in the first 15min against Penrith he was getting dominated. Pushed back again and again. When he came on for a second stint, he was good. As you would expect given his smaller size but superior stamina. It's for this reason I think he should start off the bench.
I agree always said to me he is a 2nd rower but we don't need any and he only ran for 80 odd metres so although I have selected him to start personally I'd like to see him off the bench . I would add it appears that the coach is giving him his opportunity to be in the 1st 13 but he has always struggled against the bigger packs. I'd suggest that Debelin is in the mix to move from lock back to prop which I don't like but may have to to strengthen the front line with McCullough gone. Interesting to see who they actually pick against the Sharks as they have 2 big boppers at props Rudolf and Hamlin-Ulele.Sharks will be another tough game after their win over the Eels yesterday

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I agree always said to me he is a 2nd rower but we don't need any and he only ran for 80 odd metres so although I have selected him to start personally I'd like to see him off the bench . I would add it appears that the coach is giving him his opportunity to be in the 1st 13 but he has always struggled against the bigger packs. I'd suggest that Debelin is in the mix to move from lock back to prop which I don't like but may have to to strengthen the front line with McCullough gone. Interesting to see who they actually pick against the Sharks as they have 2 big boppers at props Rudolf and Hamlin-Ulele.Sharks will be another tough game after their win over the Eels yesterday
De Belin to prop isn't a bad idea but why change something working now? De Belin at lock is working. M. Molo and J. Hunt are in the squad. I'm not sure how the NSW Cup team went but maybe it's time for one or both to get a chance.

Eric

Staff
De Belin to prop isn't a bad idea but why change something working now? De Belin at lock is working. M. Molo and J. Hunt are in the squad. I'm not sure how the NSW Cup team went but maybe it's time for one or both to get a chance.
NSW Cup lost 52-6. I don't think anyone is going to get promoted unless injury or suspension forces it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
NSW Cup team are embarrassing 1st game got flogged 6 - 34 against Parra and Friday got flogged again 6 - 52 against the Panthers. They should not be wearing the big red V in my humble view

Eric

Staff
NSW Cup team are embarrassing 1st game got flogged 6 - 34 against Parra and Friday got flogged again 6 - 52 against the Panthers. They should not be wearing the big red V in my humble view
Yep. I'm not sure WTF is going on with that team. Why are they so bad? It must be a halfback, 5/8 and fullback problem because most of the team is a known quantity who have proven themselves.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep. I'm not sure WTF is going on with that team. Why are they so bad? It must be a halfback, 5/8 and fullback problem because most of the team is a known quantity who have proven themselves.
I usually found that it was an attitude issue or the coaching and training is not up to scratch

Eric

Staff
Anyway, not sure if Burgess will be available. If not, I hope Woods is. As far as I can see he is unlikely but hasn't been ruled out. This is according to News Ltd.

MARCH 24

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Cronulla Sharks at WIN Stadium, 8.05pm

Predicted St George Illawarrra team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 19. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 14. Jack de Belin 15. Jack Gosiewski 16. Josh Kerr 17. George Burgess

Team tips: George Burgess has escaped suspension and received only a monetary penalty for Grade 1 Dangerous Contact. Andrew McCullough’s elbow injury has him set for a stint on the sidelines, with Moses Mbye set to slot in at hooker. However, Jayden Sullivan also looms as an option to come into the halves with Ben Hunt shifted to hooker, but Anthony Griffin is unlikely to shake up the team so early in the season. Jack Gosiewski will likely slot on to the bench after being the replacement player in Round 2.

I'd like to see Sims and Su'A in the backrow, Burgess/Woods and Molo starting props, JDB lock and Bird and Lawrie starting from the bench.If Mbye is going to start as hooker, I think it's important to keep Bird as an interchange utility. Not only because the bigger bodies do better in the opening 15-20 min.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra v Penrith Panthers

The parochial St George Illawarra crowd would have been pleased to see their side keep coming after the premiers all night. Jaydn Su’A is shaping as the buy of the year because of his rock-solid defence and ability to forever trouble the line with his runs on the right edge. Let’s hope he avoids any sanction for whacking Sean O’Sullivan late and from behind. Ditto comeback Brit George Burgess who collected Jarome Luai in the face with his forearm, while there were claims of a crusher tackle. Injuries will be a concern for both clubs with Andrew McCullough (elbow) and Brian To’o (knee) failing to finish. Jack Bird also learned the hard way the bunker will intervene and order you from the field if you stay down playing for a penalty.

I'm so sick of these biased commentators.
Jaydn Su’A is shaping as the buy of the year because of his rock-solid defence and ability to forever trouble the line with his runs on the right edge. Let’s hope he avoids any sanction for whacking Sean O’Sullivan late and from behind.
It wasn't late and it wasn't from behind!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Cronulla Sharks

Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 14. Jack de Belin 15. Josh Kerr 16. Jackson Ford 17. Jack Gosiewski 18. Tautau Moga 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Daniel Alvaro 21. Mathew Feagai 22. Jaiyden Hunt 23. Michael Molo 24. George Burgess

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think this team is going to change quite a lot between now and kick off. 16. Jackson Ford 17. Jack Gosiewski in the 17? Is the coach expecting a super quick game where the big guys will be exhausted early? Or he does he think Jackson Ford deserves a spot and is intent on appeasing jodragon40 jodragon40 by picking Gosiewski? I rate them both but both are lightweight forwards as is J. Bird. Both J. Hunt and M. Molo in the squad is interesting. And no back up hooker which I guess means Mbye is playing for 80min and if he gets injured, B. Hunt will move to hooker and Bird into the halves.

BTW Eric Eric this is round 3, not round 4.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think this team is going to change quite a lot between now and kick off. 16. Jackson Ford 17. Jack Gosiewski in the 17? Is the coach expecting a super quick game where the big guys will be exhausted early? Or he does he think Jackson Ford deserves a spot and is intent on appeasing jodragon40 jodragon40 by picking Gosiewski? I rate them both but both are lightweight forwards as is J. Bird. Both J. Hunt and M. Molo in the squad is interesting. And no back up hooker which I guess means Mbye is playing for 80min and if he gets injured, B. Hunt will move to hooker and Bird into the halves.

BTW Eric Eric this is round 3, not round 4.
No back up hooker is strange. If as you say, Bird is going to move into the halves and Hunt into hooker if Mbye goes down, shouldn't Bird be in the bench rather than starting?