St George Illawarra in 2023

Eric

Staff
I may have jumped the gun that he's going to the Dolphins in fact it may be the Roosters . I will look to see if any media outlet is confirmed the move
The only thing that really matters is that signing him would be really good for us. A good, young prop in a position we are really weak in. So there is no way we'll get him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The only thing that really matters is that signing him would be really good for us. A good, young prop in a position we are really weak in. So there is no way we'll get him.
Griffin will scour the QLD Cup for props first.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

"Expert" tipping for the spoon​

MAL MENINGA

Wooden spoon: It’s hard for an expansion side but the Dragons have that turmoil internally, I hope they clear it up quickly and if they don’t they could be in for a long year.

STEVE ROACH

Wooden spoon: Dragons. They just melted in the middle (in the trials). I don’t know whether they look athletic enough for me, the way the modern game is now. I don’t know how they train or anything, but just watching them. I watched them played in the Charity Shield and Souths were walking back after they were scoring going ‘how easy was that?’ I personally don’t think it’s the coach. The coach doesn’t go out there and play for them, you’ve got to have that will and want in yourself to go out there and be good at what you do. I think they’re going to struggle.”

COOPER CRONK

Wooden spoon: Dragons. I thought the middle forwards defensively missed the mark.

BRYAN FLETCHER

Wooden spoon: I’ve got to say I’ve had a bet, I’ve had a bet on the Dragons.

BRAITH ANASTA

Wooden spoon: Dolphins

There you have it. 4 out of 5 tipping Dragons for the spoon.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree with wooden spoon, but yes as everyone else is now indicating apparently we have a cultural, internal issues. I believe that I mentioned that in 2021. Fingers crossed that we have a change of coach by round 12 although that will be too late to resurrect this season. The Board is complicit in this whole sorry saga and need to be held accountable.

Eric

Staff
I disagree with wooden spoon, but yes as everyone else is now indicating apparently we have a cultural, internal issues. I believe that I mentioned that in 2021. Fingers crossed that we have a change of coach by round 12 although that will be too late to resurrect this season. The Board is complicit in this whole sorry saga and need to be held accountable.
Should be but won't be:mad:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Should be but won't be:mad:
They are obviously not going to hold themselves accountable.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Have we worked out yet which Bronco player is no longer in 1st grade and didn't play against us because he is awaiting trial for a serious sex offence? Here's a tip his initials for those who remember the old Hanna barbera cartoon with officer dibble in it are the same as the lead character in that cartoon

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Have we worked out yet which Bronco player is no longer in 1st grade and didn't play against us because he is awaiting trial for a serious sex offence? Here's a tip his initials for those who remember the old Hanna barbera cartoon with officer dibble in it are the same as the lead character in that cartoon.
I assumed it was the player who was quietly cut for off-field issues. Robarti or something like that.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I posted this elsewhere , Everything we are not , from a team that was shafted and reinstated after their supporters rallied ......

Souths isn’t a club, it’s a religion’: Cannon-Brookes in awe of Rabbitohs​

By Christian Nicolussi

March 28, 2023 — 5.00am

South Sydney’s billionaire part-owner Mike Cannon-Brookes was left spellbound by the scenes on Saturday night as the players quickly shot down any suggestions there would be a hangover from the emotional win over Manly.

License this article

Christian Nicolussi

Christian Nicolussi covers rugby league for The Sydney Morning Herald.

MOST VIEWED IN SPORT​

‘Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on way out’: Gus savages Suaalii

EXCLUSIVE​

Eels hold meeting with Gutherson, chase potential fullback option

OPINION​

Has rugby paid too much for Joseph Suaalii?

CHAMMAS ON MONDAY​

Yeo extends Panthers deal to 2027 as Tuivasa-Sheck makes big call on future

‘Freakish’ try from Kiwi flyer stuns Super Rugby

Origin contender Olakau’atu in line for immediate payday with Woods swap

The Sydney Morning Herald​

OUR SITES​

CLASSIFIEDS​

THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD​

PRODUCTS & SERVICES​

Copyright © 2023

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I posted this elsewhere , Everything we are not , from a team that was shafted and reinstated after their supporters rallied ......

By Christian Nicolussi

March 28, 2023 — 5.00am

South Sydney’s billionaire part-owner Mike Cannon-Brookes was left spellbound by the scenes on Saturday night as the players quickly shot down any suggestions there would be a hangover from the emotional win over Manly.

License this article

Christian Nicolussi

MOST VIEWED IN SPORT​

EXCLUSIVE​

OPINION​

CHAMMAS ON MONDAY​

The Sydney Morning Herald

OUR SITES​

CLASSIFIEDS​

PRODUCTS & SERVICES​

Copyright © 2023
Souths are 100% privately owned and they play out of western Sydney, not south Sydney.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Souths are 100% privately owned and they play out of western Sydney, not south Sydney.
Dosen"t matter where they play , they are a team that has passion , and their supporters follow one team ..... Lets put it this way , if we were told that our club was to become stand alone club again , either St George or Illawarra Steelers , would we all be OK with that and rally behind either club ?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

By Christian Nicolussi

March 28, 2023 — 5.00am

License this article

Christian Nicolussi

MOST VIEWED IN SPORT​

EXCLUSIVE​

OPINION​

CHAMMAS ON MONDAY​

The Sydney Morning Herald

OUR SITES​

CLASSIFIEDS​

PRODUCTS & SERVICES​

Copyright © 2023
It's a sad reality that since the merger, whether it be considered right or wrong by individuals the results speak for themselves it's just so very sad. I still have my pre merger gear.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Dosen"t matter where they play , they are a team that has passion , and their supporters follow one team ..... Lets put it this way , if we were told that our club was to become stand alone club again , either St George or Illawarra Steelers , would we all be OK with that and rally behind either club ?
No way about 95% would rally behind the Steelers. 20~30% wouldn't like it but wouldn't rally. Try to kick out St George and I think there would be riots. I know it's purely hypothetical.