Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt went well but after watching the Cowboys contingent last night I have grave fears for us come Friday if they back up, we will get a good touch up. Lawrie again named as a starting prop is nonsensical in my view. Will await eagerly the final 17 make up. Hopefully it will change.
What are your ratings for at least Hunt and Sims?

Eric

Staff
Doesn't seem to be much pressure on Sims to retain his place but if a few other backrowers have big games that weekend, he might be in some trouble. I agree he was lucky to get picked and he probably shouldn't for game 2 but I hope he is. Apart from Hunt, I don't think any other Dragons players are even on the radar. And only the basketcase clubs, Bulldogs and Tigers have no one in the game.

If JAC is recalled for game 2 but Sims is dropped, having only the same number of players selected as the Dogs will be humiliating.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Doesn't seem to be much pressure on Sims to retain his place but if a few other backrowers have big games that weekend, he might be in some trouble. I agree he was lucky to get picked and he probably shouldn't for game 2 but I hope he is. Apart from Hunt, I don't think any other Dragons players are even on the radar. And only the basketcase clubs, Bulldogs and Tigers have no one in the game.

If JAC is recalled for game 2 but Sims is dropped, having only the same number of players selected as the Dogs will be humiliating.
Prepare for humiliation. Sims is going to get dropped. Might not be total humiliation because JAC is only an outside chance of being recalled.
Hunt went well 7
Sims 5
Seems about right. Sims was far from NSW worst but not good enough to retain his spot.

Eric

Staff
Not sure if anyone is watching but the Manly backrower, Olakawatu (excuse the spelling) is a special to replace Sims or Martin. I think both will go to make way for the aforementioned Manly backrower and Angus Crighton.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not sure if anyone is watching but the Manly backrower, Olakawatu (excuse the spelling) is a special to replace Sims or Martin. I think both will go to make way for the aforementioned Manly backrower and Angus Crighton.
So only Ben Hunt featuring. What a sorry tale. Only better than Canterbury and Wests Tigers but probably a fair reflection on where the club is at present.

Eric

Staff
Well, unfortunately it seems the consensus is that Sims will be dropped. It's a fair decision. Even though Griffin seems to have been purposely sabotaging him this year by continually not picking him in his best position, he didn't deserve to get picked.

Having said that, JDB should be a certainty to get picked!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons are in the top 8 but not a single player in the NSW squad! I'm done with Fittler. I hope NSW lose!
Seriously? The only players I feel should have been considered were Zac Lomax, I believe he should have replaced Staggs and JDB to add starch to our pack.

Eric

Staff
Seriously? The only players I feel should have been considered were Zac Lomax, I believe he should have replaced Staggs and JDB to add starch to our pack.
Unfortunately I think Lomax has fallen down the order by 3 or 4 other centres.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately I think Lomax has fallen down the order by 3 or 4 other centres.
I was impressed with how he showed maturity against Souths to recognise that he had gone off the reservation with his self indulgent antics and played very well. I'm sure he will keep improving and achieve his goal of wearing a blues jersey which is a plus for our club

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't care about Sims. I care that good players tend not to go to teams which struggle to get players selected for rep games.
Unfortunately that's the game. Players will stay or go to a club even for less money if it means a shot at the title

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons are in the top 8 but not a single player in the NSW squad! I'm done with Fittler. I hope NSW lose!
Very harsh in my view. This team is more balanced in my view, don't forget although we didn't deserve to draw game 1 we came within a foot of doing so. Believe me Yeo was concussed and this unbalanced our attack and defence. Paulo was awful and he knows it, lucky to be reselected we will see how he responds to his 2nd chance. Our biggest challenge will be keeping Hunt then Grant quiet from dummy half thus restricting Munster.