Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Very harsh in my view. This team is more balanced in my view, don't forget although we didn't deserve to draw game 1 we came within a foot of doing so. Believe me Yeo was concussed and this unbalanced our attack and defence. Paulo was awful and he knows it, lucky to be reselected we will see how he responds to his 2nd chance. Our biggest challenge will be keeping Hunt then Grant quiet from dummy half thus restricting Munster.
You are very forgiving. De Belin should have been selected! Frizzel is going worse than Sims. Jake Trbojevic has gone downhill at breakneck speed. He looks barely first grade standard this year from the games I've seen.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Very harsh in my view. This team is more balanced in my view, don't forget although we didn't deserve to draw game 1 we came within a foot of doing so. Believe me Yeo was concussed and this unbalanced our attack and defence. Paulo was awful and he knows it, lucky to be reselected we will see how he responds to his 2nd chance. Our biggest challenge will be keeping Hunt then Grant quiet from dummy half thus restricting Munster.
Sims was far better than Paulo and I'd say not any worse than Martin.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's not so bad. De Belin was the only possibility. It seems everyone can see the club is only in need one high quality prop and one high quality backrower to be a very good team. McCullough is a bit of problem but it seems the club has 3 very good hookers in the lower grades and then there is Ben Hunt.

The point is, I'm sure potential recruits can see it as well so the SOO snub this year isn't so bad.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
De Belin should have been selected!
Amen to that!!!
Is JDB's continued omission to do with his very public trial. If so it should not be as he was acquitted. If anything the NRL should be bending over backwards to get him back into rep footy after denying him two full seasons. His reputation has been wrongly tarnished.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Amen to that!!!
Is JDB's continued omission to do with his very public trial. If so it should not be as he was acquitted. If anything the NRL should be bending over backwards to get him back into rep footy after denying him two full seasons. His reputation has been wrongly tarnished.
Especially NSW selection is mostly about politics and money. Sydney Rorters are always going to be well represented. Tupou is a good player. Hopelessly outplayed by Rava in round 6. JAC is way better.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
After watching SOO 1 live I came away from that loss and turned to my mate and said we need a 2nd hooker, I did say honestly to him has to be Koroisau. I am no genius but I am a stats man and believe in keeping combinations going at state and national levels. I believe the SOO 2 is better balanced team. Koroisau is a great selection his combinations with our halves will turn this game. So when Grant comes on for Hunt or visa versa don't be surprised to see Grant start the extra speed around our ruck area when Cook does come on will be a game changer. I personally would not have re selected Paulo after his embarrassing effort in game 1 but he gets a chance to redeem himself. Yeo played game 1 concussed don't care what anyone says it hurt us greatly. Hopefully it won't occur again on Sunday. Another plus is we will be playing in the daytime the ground over there will be hard and fast making the kicking game very important and I predict one of the best origin games we have seen in the last 5 yrs. Burton is a genius move everyone forgets he was named best centre last year playing outside, yes, Cleary and Luai. I predict a NSW victory as long as the props run to the advantage line and give our hooker and playmakers room to weave their magic. Bring on the decider at Lang Park. NSW by 10.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
After watching SOO 1 live I came away from that loss and turned to my mate and said we need a 2nd hooker, I did say honestly to him has to be Koroisau. I am no genius but I am a stats man and believe in keeping combinations going at state and national levels. I believe the SOO 2 is better balanced team. Koroisau is a great selection his combinations with our halves will turn this game. So when Grant comes on for Hunt or visa versa don't be surprised to see Grant start the extra speed around our ruck area when Cook does come on will be a game changer. I personally would not have re selected Paulo after his embarrassing effort in game 1 but he gets a chance to redeem himself. Yeo played game 1 concussed don't care what anyone says it hurt us greatly. Hopefully it won't occur again on Sunday. Another plus is we will be playing in the daytime the ground over there will be hard and fast making the kicking game very important and I predict one of the best origin games we have seen in the last 5 yrs. Burton is a genius move everyone forgets he was named best centre last year playing outside, yes, Cleary and Luai. I predict a NSW victory as long as the props run to the advantage line and give our hooker and playmakers room to weave their magic. Bring on the decider at Lang Park. NSW by 10.
I understand about hooker and agree but wouldn't it be nice to have a hooker like Cam Smith or Robbie Farah who can play 80min and barely slow down? Paulo was the worst player on the field in game 1 and Cook was second worst.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I understand about hooker and agree but wouldn't it be nice to have a hooker like Cam Smith or Robbie Farah who can play 80min and barely slow down? Paulo was the worst player on the field in game 1 and Cook was second worst.
Honestly at state level the game is so much faster fatigue even in the fittest players sets in much earlier than at premiership level. Watching games live gives you a greater understanding of this because the cameras follow the play . I saw players kneeling over grasping for breath in the back play after 20 mins. You need 2 hookers, Qld had 2 in game 1 and it won them the game. No player can play for 80 mins at the highest performance level at origin level in my view. There are exceptions as you have highlighted.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
After watching SOO 1 I came away thinking ( something that I always knew ) Fitler cant coach ...... Really a star studded team he has had and that goes with all origin coaches , some are just better at motivating their players ..... Give them our team and lets see how they go .....

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
After watching SOO 1 I came away thinking ( something that I always knew ) Fitler cant coach ...... Really a star studded team he has had and that goes with all origin coaches , some are just better at motivating their players ..... Give them our team and lets see how they go .....
I'm surprised he has made it as far as he has as a coach.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Honestly at state level the game is so much faster fatigue even in the fittest players sets in much earlier than at premiership level. Watching games live gives you a greater understanding of this because the cameras follow the play . I saw players kneeling over grasping for breath in the back play after 20 mins. You need 2 hookers, Qld had 2 in game 1 and it won them the game. No player can play for 80 mins at the highest performance level at origin level in my view. There are exceptions as you have highlighted.
I agree it probably "won them the game" but the performance of Paulo, Cook, Martin didn't help. Really the entire forward pack was dominated by their less fancied opponents. That made Cleary and Luai struggle. But Clearly in particular should have done better.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I can always
After watching SOO 1 I came away thinking ( something that I always knew ) Fitler cant coach ...... Really a star studded team he has had and that goes with all origin coaches , some are just better at motivating their players ..... Give them our team and lets see how they

I use to give a certain speech once or twice a year especially before a must win game where the pundits had written us off and on paper we were outmatched. A champion team will always beat a team of champions. Motivation is a powerful tool because before such games players have self doubts especially if they have been towelled up earlier in the season. Not everyone has the ability to communicate these types of speeches

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree it probably "won them the game" but the performance of Paulo, Cook, Martin didn't help. Really the entire forward pack was dominated by their less fancied opponents. That made Cleary and Luai struggle. But Clearly in particular should have done better.
How many times have I banged on about if the forwards aren't going forward then it won't matter if you have the Australian backline you will get beater. SOO 1 shows this is a great guideline.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Fittler is a coaching embarrassment for the entire state. How did he keep his job after losing that series to a bunch of reserve graders 2 years ago?
Friends in high places.
Answered it.