RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Match
Winner
Why
1.Gold Coast vs Wests TigersGCI only watch the first half of their game last week. Their rookie halves and fullback are going much better than ours. To be absolutely honest.
2.Cronulla vs NewscastleShonkiesBecause last week their forwards dominated ours and Newcastle have a few injured or suspended. (yep, missing Klemmar, Barnett and Saifiti.)
3.Penrith vs SouthsPenrithAlmost at full strength though Souffs were much improved last week.
4.New Zealand vs BrisbaneNZNZ were atrocious but still won. Will be much better this week.
5.Manly vs CanberraCanberraThis is a difficult one.
6.North Queensland v Canberra Sydney RoostersNQWere obviously very good last week. (yep)
7.Melbourne vs CanterburyMelbourneGrubs might be one of those "bring the opposition down to our level" teams but expect Melbourne to win but not so comfortably.
8.St George Illawarra vs ParramattaParramattaFor the reasons outlined here, I just can't pick Saints as the team is now.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Match
Winner
Why
1.Gold Coast vs Wests TigersGCI only watch the first half of their game last week. Their rookie halves and fullback are going much better than ours. To be absolutely honest.
2.Cronulla vs NewscastleShonkiesBecause last week their forwards dominated ours and Newcastle have a few injured or suspended. (yep, missing Klemmar, Barnett and Saifiti.)
3.Penrith vs SouthsPenrithAlmost at full strength though Souffs were much improved last week.
4.New Zealand vs BrisbaneNZNZ were atrocious but still won. Will be much better this week.
6.North Queensland v Canberra Sydney RoostersNQWere obviously very good last week. (yep)
7.Melbourne vs CanterburyMelbourneGrubs might be one of those "bring the opposition down to our level" teams but expect Melbourne to win but not so comfortably.
8.St George Illawarra vs ParramattaParramattaFor the reasons outlined here, I just can't pick Saints as the team is now.
  1. Gold Coast
  2. Sharks (hate tipping them but Newcastle missing a little too much firepower up front)
  3. Penrith
  4. Donkeys
  5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys (love tipping against the Rorters)
  7. Storm
  8. Eels (along with others, unless there are at least 2 or 3 changes to the forward pack named, I can't be optimistic. Pains me to say it.)

Eric

Staff
Match
Winner
Why
  1. Gold Coast
  2. Cronulla
  3. Penrith
  4. New Zealand
  5. Canberra
  6. North Queensland
  7. Melbourne
  8. St George Illawarra (in the trials they got off to a quick start, we roared back and were moving away from them before mass changes when the sides were about even.)

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Round 5 Tipping​

MatchWinner Why
1.Newcastle v ManlyNewcastleManly are rubbish without Tom Trbojevic.
2.New Zealand vs North QLDNorth QLDWill probably bounce back after a poor game last week.
3.Brisbane v Sydney RoostersSydneyA close game but Brisbane are rubbish.
4.Canberra v MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne have the best team they'll have available this year. Canberra far from it.
5.South Sydney vs St George IllawarraSt George IllawarraSanity is going to prevail. Amone and Sloan are going to start and play well. Give 100% in attack and defence. Finally the ridiculous experiment of Sims and de Belin is over. I hope.....
6.Gold Coast v ParramattaGold CoastParra are flat track bullies. Gold Coast played so badly last week. Expect them to bounce back.
7.Cronulla v Wests TigersCronullaWests Tigers are the new Cronulla. Move them to Perth then we only have to relocate Cronulla to Adelaide to have a national competition.
8.Canterbury v PenrithPenrithObviously! Could be by 50+.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Round 5 Tipping​

MatchWinner Why
2.New Zealand vs North QLDNorth QLDWill probably bounce back after a poor game last week.
4.Canberra v MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne have the best team they'll have available this year. Canberra far from it.
5.South Sydney vs St George IllawarraSt George IllawarraSanity is going to prevail. Amone and Sloan are going to start and play well. Give 100% in attack and defence. Finally the ridiculous experiment of Sims and de Belin is over. I hope.....
6.Gold Coast v ParramattaGold CoastParra are flat track bullies. Gold Coast played so badly last week. Expect them to bounce back.
7.Cronulla v Wests TigersCronullaWests Tigers are the new Cronulla. Move them to Perth then we only have to relocate Cronulla to Adelaide to have a national competition.
  • Knights
  • Cowboys
  • Roosters
  • Storm
  • Dragons (yep. expecting a huge bounce back)
  • Eels
  • Sharks
  • Panthers

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Round 5 Tipping​

MatchWinner Why
  • Knights
  • Cowboys
  • Roosters
  • Storm
  • Souths (Sorry to say it. They've also been poor and are talking about a massive improvement. I hope I'm wrong.)
  • Eels
  • Sharks
  • Panthers

Eric

Staff
Match
Winner
Why
1.Newcastle v ManlyManlyManly lost Tom Trbojevic but Newcastle are missing several key players, aren't they?
2.New Zealand vs North QLDNorth QLDCowboys have more upside. If both teams play close to their best, Cowboys win easily.
3.Brisbane v Sydney RoostersRortersIs Hass out of this game? If so, Rorters by plenty. If not, close game.
4.Canberra v MelbourneMelbourneCanberra missing quite a few key players.
5.South Sydney vs St George IllawarraSt George IllawarraHope and a prayer.
6.Gold Coast v ParramattaGold CoastDitto for Cowboys - Warriors.
7.Cronulla v Wests TigersCronullaWests Tigers are so bad, it's not funny.
8.Canterbury v PenrithPenrithGrubs are so bad, Penrith are so good.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Newcastle - Manly game, they are dropping like flies. Lucky Dragons haven't played either yet.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Newcastle - Manly game, they are dropping like flies. Lucky Dragons haven't played either yet.
I hear you but on shaky ground if Dragons have to rely on injuries other teams to win. I want to be confident of victory no matter who the other teams throw at us.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I hear you but on shaky ground if Dragons have to rely on injuries other teams to win. I want to be confident of victory no matter who the other teams throw at us.
If other clubs have more big name players but less depth, inevitable injuries effect them more.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately we are playing with no confidence and I hate tipping against my heart but my wallet says in the wet weather and if the run on team selected plays unchanged we will be flogged once again. It's always a very bitter pill to swallow to admit this.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately we are playing with no confidence and I hate tipping against my heart but my wallet says in the wet weather and if the run on team selected plays unchanged we will be flogged once again. It's always a very bitter pill to swallow to admit this.
I find it easier to delude myself.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If the coach firstly picks Amone and tells him to back himself much more and sticks with the starting pack he has already selected, there is no reason wet weather should disadvantage the Dragons. Lawrie and Kerr might both need to spend some time in the NSW Cup rather than the bench. I don't think there is any way Mbye will start at fullback again.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Gents I live and breath St George. In my lifetime I have been privileged to watch and meet some of the greatest players ever to don the big red V. It saddens me greatly to speak ill of something I love. But facts are facts and I'm a facts man. At the moment this team under the current coach is in a worse form slump than the Tigers and Dogs both thise clubs are looking at coach changes we extended ours. In the last 12 games we have actually won 1 . We have averaged 17 points for and 32 points against. These are facts and last week's 2nd half display to me indicated that there is trouble within the team, they didn't want to be out in the rain. On top of that we have the most inept reserve grade team running around who are currently the whipping boys of that comp hence my belief we have issues throughout the whole club. Tomorrow we will see how those players react to being flogged. Any decent coach, player, and supporter would expect a bounce back the pundits are picking the Rabbitohs by 18, I hope they are wrong. Tomorrow will show the current mindset of the players.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Gents I live and breath St George. In my lifetime I have been privileged to watch and meet some of the greatest players ever to don the big red V. It saddens me greatly to speak ill of something I love. But facts are facts and I'm a facts man. At the moment this team under the current coach is in a worse form slump than the Tigers and Dogs both thise clubs are looking at coach changes we extended ours. In the last 12 games we have actually won 1 . We have averaged 17 points for and 32 points against. These are facts and last week's 2nd half display to me indicated that there is trouble within the team, they didn't want to be out in the rain. On top of that we have the most inept reserve grade team running around who are currently the whipping boys of that comp hence my belief we have issues throughout the whole club. Tomorrow we will see how those players react to being flogged. Any decent coach, player, and supporter would expect a bounce back the pundits are picking the Rabbitohs by 18, I hope they are wrong. Tomorrow will show the current mindset of the players.
Well, this is a very worrying post but hard to say it's not true. Unfortunately. Something bad is going on. The reserve grade team is the canary in the coal mine.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Lets wait and see if they bounce back tomorrow. If not, I think we might see fireworks on and off the field next week.