jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Gosiewski every day of the week and twice on game day:D. Seriously, either him or Ford would offer much more than Kerr.
Agree hope the coach see it too but I'm guessing because of his size and certainly not his ability he is on the team. We will know when team against the roosters is announced

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Gosiewski every day of the week and twice on game day:D. Seriously, either him or Ford would offer much more than Kerr.
I note also that Woods had a good game in the big reserve grade win don't be surprised if Kerr makes way for him either for the big Anzac Day clash

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Doubt he'll make any changes.
Your probably right he looks like he has decided on his current best 17 so no Sloan and Amone from bench but not sold on Kerr because he will be up against Hargreaves next week I'd rather have Woods or McGuire there instead

Eric

Staff
Your probably right he looks like he has decided on his current best 17 so no Sloan and Amone from bench but not sold on Kerr because he will be up against Hargreaves next week I'd rather have Woods or McGuire there instead
It really seems like a no-brainer. Everyone can see it except the coach. Newcastle were really pretty bad. A good team would have put us to the sword.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'd definitely pick your man Gosiewski or Woods before Kerr. I think it'll be the latter if it happens.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

The team I want for round 7​

The round 7 team​

1. Tyrell Sloan (has been playing well in reserve grade. Offers much more than Mbye at fullback)
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax (to be honest, he has been really poor this season. Even his goal kicking has been off)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Junior Amone (Bird was good but so was Amone when he came on and there is so much more upside in him than Bird.)
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  11. Tariq Sims (Let him play 80min! It's a strong point of his game)
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Aaron Woods (still not sure why he was dropped rather than Kerr)
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack Bird
  17. George Burgess
  18. Jack Gosiewski
With Amone able to cover hooker and Bird 5/8, no need for Mbye in the 17.
  1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jack Bird
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  11. Tariq Sims
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Talatau Amone
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. George Burgess
  18. Tautau Moga
McGuire and Kerr swapping will be the only change.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

The round 7 team​

1. Tyrell Sloan (has been playing well in reserve grade. Offers much more than Mbye at fullback)
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax (to be honest, he has been really poor this season. Even his goal kicking has been off)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Junior Amone (Bird was good but so was Amone when he came on and there is so much more upside in him than Bird.)
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack Bird
  17. George Burgess
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jack Bird
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  11. Tariq Sims
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Talatau Amone
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. George Burgess
  18. Tautau Moga
I like that team too. If Max Feagai is as good as Matt, who is going to make way for him in first grade?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

The round 7 team​

2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack Bird
  17. George Burgess
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  1. Moses Mbye
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jack Bird
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Josh McGuire
  11. Tariq Sims
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Talatau Amone
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. George Burgess
  18. Tautau Moga
Fuimaono is definitely in contention for a spot on the bench.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As a ex coach I must say I am impressed with the way Griffin is developing an alternative attacking option. Trust me when I tell you it is extremely difficult to develop a game plan defensively when the other team has equally dangerous attacking qualities on both sides of the field. Lomax/ Rav and now as we saw yesterday Suli/ Feigai. Impressive. Now we need a pack that can match the top teams. That is being developed as we speak. At the moment they are missing too many tackles and apart from Sua and Debelin need more attacking structures. I loved the way the whole team celebrated those tries yesterday now that shows spirit and bonding as a group finally seeing this thank god

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
As a ex coach I must say I am impressed with the way Griffin is developing an alternative attacking option. Trust me when I tell you it is extremely difficult to develop a game plan defensively when the other team has equally dangerous attacking qualities on both sides of the field. Lomax/ Rav and now as we saw yesterday Suli/ Feigai. Impressive. Now we need a pack that can match the top teams. That is being developed as we speak. At the moment they are missing too many tackles and apart from Sua and Debelin need more attacking structures. I loved the way the whole team celebrated those tries yesterday now that shows spirit and bonding as a group finally seeing this thank god
That's a good point. I didn't think of it until now. Last year the Lomax / Ravalawa side dominated. This year the other side is more than holding its own.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
But I'm still not sold on Bird at 5/8 and Mbye at fullback in particular.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
But I'm still not sold on Bird at 5/8 and Mbye at fullback in particular.
Well unfortunately for us mortals that's what this coach has settled on for the moment . Rightly or wrongly he is convinced that the organising defensive skills of Mbye tops the attacking skills of Sloan and Bird again being more solid in defence than Amone is what the team requires. At least he is keeping Amone up his sleeve to throw on to add sharpness to the attack as we saw yesterday. I'll be at the big Anzac Day clash its an amazing feeling and usually game lives up to the occasion

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Well unfortunately for us mortals that's what this coach has settled on for the moment . Rightly or wrongly he is convinced that the organising defensive skills of Mbye tops the attacking skills of Sloan and Bird again being more solid in defence than Amone is what the team requires. At least he is keeping Amone up his sleeve to throw on to add sharpness to the attack as we saw yesterday. I'll be at the big Anzac Day clash its an amazing feeling and usually game lives up to the occasion
It's what the coach has settled on but you also don't like it?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's what the coach has settled on but you also don't like it?
Personally I don't but I'm not going to criticise his decision making yet. I think that we need to tinker with the pack a bit more . I like Sua JDB as starters not sold on the front row yet would like to see Woods back in the fold. As for Bird well he misses too many tackles in defence yet he has scored 4 decent tries so it's a difficult balance. Lawrie is a bench forward for sure Molo needs to make more metres and you need a big prop on from the start at the moment it's Kerr but he is not the answer I believe we need Woods or Burgess fit enough to start and stay on for at least the first 20 mins to be consistently competitive

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Personally I don't but I'm not going to criticise his decision making yet. I think that we need to tinker with the pack a bit more . I like Sua JDB as starters not sold on the front row yet would like to see Woods back in the fold. As for Bird well he misses too many tackles in defence yet he has scored 4 decent tries so it's a difficult balance. Lawrie is a bench forward for sure Molo needs to make more metres and you need a big prop on from the start at the moment it's Kerr but he is not the answer I believe we need Woods or Burgess fit enough to start and stay on for at least the first 20 mins to be consistently competitive
Agree.

Eric

Staff
Bird is an interesting problem. Is he our top try scorer so far this season? I just feel the metres he doesn't make in the middle or at our end is costing the team at the other end of the field. Throw in some really poor missed tackles with that and my mind is made up. A bench utility and Mybe in the NSW Cup.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bird is an interesting problem. Is he our top try scorer so far this season? I just feel the metres he doesn't make in the middle or at our end is costing the team at the other end of the field. Throw in some really poor missed tackles with that and my mind is made up. A bench utility and Mybe in the NSW Cup.
I believe he is our top try scorer