Eric

Staff
2nd rower. Amone is a better prospect but his defence is stopping him from starting at the moment
I usually agree with you but not this time. I just feel for a backrower he is:
  • a poor defender (for a backrower). Not only misses tackles but hardly makes opposition ball runner fear him.
  • He doesn't make good metres.
  • He doesn't get quick play the balls.
I hoped he'd be like the English backrower Canberra had a couple of years back but it didn't turn out to be the case. I still think he'd be a very valuable member of the team coming off the bench. When the big opposition forwards are tired I think he'd be a weapon around the middle. Or in the backs in the event of an injury. Could drop Mbye from the 17.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I usually agree with you but not this time. I just feel for a backrower he is:
  • a poor defender (for a backrower). Not only misses tackles but hardly makes opposition ball runner fear him.
  • He doesn't make good metres.
  • He doesn't get quick play the balls.
I hoped he'd be like the English backrower Canberra had a couple of years back but it didn't turn out to be the case. I still think he'd be a very valuable member of the team coming off the bench. When the big opposition forwards are tired I think he'd be a weapon around the middle. Or in the backs in the event of an injury. Could drop Mbye from the 17.
Look honestly Bird under Griffin will always be in the starting 13. I'd rather he be in the pack where there is a higher degree of 2 in the tackle than at 5/8 that's why I said in the pack. I'd like to see him off the bench but listening to Griffin that will never happen.

Eric

Staff
Look honestly Bird under Griffin will always be in the starting 13. I'd rather he be in the pack where there is a higher degree of 2 in the tackle than at 5/8 that's why I said in the pack. I'd like to see him off the bench but listening to Griffin that will never happen.
But 5/8s are typically called on to make far fewer tackles than backrowers.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If he has players who he'll pick no matter what, and I'm thinking Mbye more than Bird, surely he has to go.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
One out but generally not on a rampaging forward but a half. This weekend he'll be tackling Keary or Walker more often than Crighton or Collins.
We will agree to disagree amicably on this issue in my day I ran my edge forwards at the opposition halves not my halves. Just in Griffin has named the same 17 against the roosters

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
We will agree to disagree amicably on this issue in my day I ran my edge forwards at the opposition halves not my halves. Just in Griffin has named the same 17 against the roosters
Halves have tackle but not as much as forwards. I'd really like to see Amone up against Walker. I think Bird isn't fast/nimble enough to get himself in a one-on-one position vs Sam Walker very often. Amone on the other hand could take advantage of Walkers terrible one on one defence.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Halves have tackle but not as much as forwards. I'd really like to see Amone up against Walker. I think Bird isn't fast/nimble enough to get himself in a one-on-one position vs Sam Walker very often. Amone on the other hand could take advantage of Walkers terrible one on one defence.
Agree but we may have to wait until the 60th to 65th minute mark depending on the status of the game

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Agree but we may have to wait until the 60th to 65th minute mark depending on the status of the game
Yep. Because the coach is obstinate. Bird played well last week so of course he won't be demoted but against a better team, I fear the Dragons will have to have their best team playing well.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep. Because the coach is obstinate. Bird played well last week so of course he won't be demoted but against a better team, I fear the Dragons will have to have their best team playing well.
Well I'll be there so I can give live updates from the ground

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If things go bad in the first half, are you going to storm down to the sheds at half time and lay down the law to Hook😳?
He is exactly like me an old school coach who doesn't delegate responsibilities lives and dies by the sword. Im hoping that the much needed win last week will bond the team as one. My only concern is that if Kerr can't handle Hargreaves and co by half time the game will be gone

Eric

Staff
He is exactly like me an old school coach who doesn't delegate responsibilities lives and dies by the sword. Im hoping that the much needed win last week will bond the team as one. My only concern is that if Kerr can't handle Hargreaves and co by half time the game will be gone
That is a worry and a distinct possibility. I'm also worried Mbye won't offer anything at fullback when needed to offer something.