Trial V Tigers at Mudgee

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I missed the Rabbits game and Lawrie was injured early last nite. You could see he was distressed, lacking his usual energy and thrust. So not sure how you guys can rubbish him for that.
I'm certainly not rubbishing Lawrie. Not last night or last week. But I'm praising Frank Molo. He was excellent in the first half last week and last night for as long as he was on.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm certainly not rubbishing Lawrie. Not last night or last week. But I'm praising Frank Molo. He was excellent in the first half last week and last night for as long as he was on.
Agree and don't we need him to step up a gear this season

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Love Lawrie he's that character and work horse that every pack needs. But to me he would be a better asset coming off the bench as 1st prop rotation after the 1st 20 min. Just my views.
What is your view on Fifita. Is he your starting prop. Have liked to see more mins from him. Same as Tuitavake last week.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan had an outstanding first 40. Lacked possession in the second so had less impact with ball in hand. The sook had a non existent first half and a moderate second, good kicking game as usual, defense poor as usual and metres run poor. So where does excellent come in.
I thought Flanno's plan worked perfectly. Have Kyle doing a lot of the organising and have Hunt pick and choose his moments much more than Griffin had him getting his hands on the ball 3 or 4 times every set. Better for Hunt and better for the team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What is your view on Fifita. Is he your starting prop. Have liked to see more mins from him. Same as Tuitavake last week.
I said in another post that we need both of these youngsters to rise to the occasion this year. We need Fifita in our prop rotation. He has the right stature to become in the future one of our starting props. It appears Flanagan is taking his time with him had 4 hits up for 32m and 1 line break, 1 offload. I hope he makes it especially with the extent of the injury to Lawrie being unknown. Tuitavake didn't even get a run last night.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Viliami Fifita - Impressed again with limited minutes
Why is Flanno giving him so few mins, have made sense to add far more mins given the Lawrie injury. Doesnt he rate him. Have him over Molo who I think would make more impact off the bench.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Fox stats had Molo running 100m flat jodragon? No where near 164m, PCM 24m. S'ua was our only forward to exceed 100m, 133. He can thank the excellent service from Flanagan for that. He and Suli, who may well show us now why the club extended him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I thought Flanno's plan worked perfectly. Have Kyle doing a lot of the organising and have Hunt pick and choose his moments much more than Griffin had him getting his hands on the ball 3 or 4 times every set. Better for Hunt and better for the team.
We saw what this guy is capable of when given the team organizing assignment. He surprised us all, no more I am thinking, than his old man. These are trials, now the onus is on him to back up this in the season proper. In other words how he performs under close scrutiny.

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
No, he wont be on the bench for round 1, like to see more involvement from him, get some big minutes in KOE cup and push for a spot later in the year, from yesterdays side, still need to fit in Sele and Luch, if there is an injury, i think Flanno will go with MMolo before Fifita.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No, he wont be on the bench for round 1, like to see more involvement from him, get some big minutes in KOE cup and push for a spot later in the year, from yesterdays side, still need to fit in Sele and Luch, if there is an injury, i think Flanno will go with MMolo before Fifita.
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie (if he's fit)
11. Su'a
12. RFM
13. JDB

14. Eisenhuth
15. Muhleisen
16. Leilua
17. Sele

this isn't what I would pick but what I think Flanno will go with.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Fox stats had Molo running 100m flat jodragon? No where near 164m, PCM 24m. S'ua was our only forward to exceed 100m, 133. He can thank the excellent service from Flanagan for that. He and Suli, who may well show us now why the club extended him.
I've never used foxsports stat's. I rely upon the official NRL website

Eric

Staff
No doubt it was a good team performance last night but watching Canberra vs NQ, Bird in the centres is a problem. Canberra centres and others like them might run straight around Bird and leave him clutching at air.