2023 Pack

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Me too life at the moment is too serious we all need a good 😃
Talk about serious. The situation with the Dragons forward pack is "serious". Right now, I'd say Molo, De Belin and Su'a are the only one's who deserve not to be dropped. Considering it's a rotation of at least 9 or 10 when Mbye was backup hooker..... No wonder the team is traveling like it is.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sims and Birds stats are awful and based on them they shouldn't be playing 1sts, we all have a go at Lawrie and Kerr not being up to 1st grade standards but their stats are better than both Sims and Bird. Sims said in an interview the other day he will be fighting hard to stay at the Dragons and retain his blues jersey, seriously? In my view it's the contract negotiations it's having a negative affect on both of them and the team and until either re signed or shown the door not much will change im afraid.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  • St George Illawarra pack so far in 2022:​

• Frank Molo: Not bad. Best of the props by far. 7/10
  • Aaron Woods: Was injured then dropped. Not sure what he was dropped for. Not been great but was he worse than other props? 5/10
  • Blake Lawrie: As a starting prop he was hopelessly dominated by the opposition. Not once but every time. 2/10
  • Andrew McCullough: The game has passed him by. It happens to everyone. Not even his defence is very effective now. Reasonable passing from dummy half is the only thing he can do at first grade standard anymore. 2/10
  • Jack Bird: Backs up well, runs good lines on occasion. Very poor at making hard metres in the middle and ditto for defence in the middle. Now I've just seen a new message appear above. I haven't looked at his stats so have to downgrade from 4/10 to 3/10.
  • Tariq Sims: As in the comments above. Not bad. Runs hard, tackles well but hardly SOO standard. Now I've just seen a new message appear above. I haven't looked at his stats so have to downgrade from 5/10 to 4/10.
  • Jaydn Su’a: Haven't seen his stats but seems to be going quite well. 7/10
  • Jack de Belin: Obviously been given instructions to pass a lot. Not a bad thing. Mixing it up. When he does run, typically makes good metres. Defence is as it has always been. Still not many offloads as he was great at before his prolonged rest. 7/10
  • Josh Kerr: Same old same old. Starting prop this weekend. Surely his last chance to do something good. 3/10
  • Jackson Ford: Not really good or bad. Hasn't done anything of note good or bad. Not sure why he is dropped and others not. 4/10
  • Jack Gosiewski: As above. 4/10
  • Moses Mbye: Not bad to have on the bench to give McCullough a rest or cover for injuries. 4/10
I think that's it so far this year. Burgess getting a chance this weekend. Billy Burns not on the injured list and not in the NSW Cup team.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sims and Birds stats are awful and based on them they shouldn't be playing 1sts, we all have a go at Lawrie and Kerr not being up to 1st grade standards but their stats are better than both Sims and Bird. Sims said in an interview the other day he will be fighting hard to stay at the Dragons and retain his blues jersey, seriously? In my view it's the contract negotiations it's having a negative affect on both of them and the team and until either re signed or shown the door not much will change im afraid.
No surprise with Bird. He isn't a starting forward. Might go well coming off the bench when the opposition is tired. Surprised about Sims. He seemed to be going ok to me. Are his stats in defence or attack awful or both?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Time to bring in Jack Gosiewski✌️?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Time to bring in Jack Gosiewski✌️?
See the game last night? The North Queensland edge backrowers. Big, fast, young, skillful, tough, good defenders. Su'a kid of fits the bill but apart from that, the rest of the backrowers in the squad, not just the starting team, are nowhere near that.

Can't blame Griffin for that...... yet. But he needs to do something soon.

Eric

Staff
Could do worse. Like stick to current set-up.
See the game last night? The North Queensland edge backrowers. Big, fast, young, skillful, tough, good defenders. Su'a kid of fits the bill but apart from that, the rest of the backrowers in the squad, not just the starting team, are nowhere near that.

Can't blame Griffin for that...... yet. But he needs to do something soon.
When you give it cool thought, unless the club has a few aces up it's sleeve in the Jersey Flegg, we are in a world of hurt.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
When you give it cool thought, unless the club has a few aces up it's sleeve in the Jersey Flegg, we are in a world of hurt.
Who do we have who'll likely be in first grade in 2 years from now?
  • Daniel Alvaro - No chance
  • Jack Bird - Possible but doubtful
  • George Burgess - Very doubtful
  • Billy Burns - Doubtful
  • Jack de Belin - Possible but he'll be among the oldest forwards in the comp
  • Poasa Faamausili - Not first grade standard
  • Tyrell Fuimaono - Possible
  • Jackson Ford - Plying his trade in England
  • Jack Gosiewski - Sorry jodragon40 jodragon40. Should be considered now but very doubtful in 2 years
  • Josh Kerr - Very much doubt it
  • Blake Lawrie - Doubt it
  • Andrew McCullough - No chance
  • Josh McGuire - No chance
  • Francis Molo - Probably
  • Tariq Sims - No chance
  • Jaydn Su’A - Probably
  • Aaron Woods - No chance
It's alarming!!!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  • Billy Burns - Doubtful
  • Jack Gosiewski - Sorry jodragon40 jodragon40. Should be considered now but very doubtful in 2 years
  • Tariq Sims - No chance
  • Jaydn Su’A - Probably
It's alarming!!!
I don't think anyone, not even thier own wives, would argue with those listed "no chance" and there are 5! And I think some more should be "no chance".

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately the early statistics indicate 3 forwards are presently performing at NRL level, Debelin, Sua and Molo

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
  • Billy Burns - Doubtful
  • Tariq Sims - No chance
  • Jaydn Su’A - Probably
It's alarming!!!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Agree unless the others pick up their form but I like the look of molo jnr and my man Gosiewski scored a double went very well so there are options