2024 squad and best 17

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Forgot about Sele. TBH, I just don't rate Suli so much. Don't think he's bad. Just not very good. Think he should be a backrower.
I'd also like to see what he can do in the forwards but I think you'll find in the first half of last season, he was one of our better players. In the second half, it was far from the worst.

Eric

Staff
Suli was far from one of our worst last year. But yeah, wasn't very good either. Don't even remember him having a standout game. Literally threw away a game against the Tigers last year.
I remember that. Was it Griffin's last game? I actually wasn't that disappointed. Every man and his dog could see Griffin had to go but the club wouldn't make the move. If Suli had just ran 5 metres and fellen over the line to win the game, would they have had Griffin hang around for another 3, 4, 5 rounds?

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I remember that. Was it Griffin's last game? I actually wasn't that disappointed. Every man and his dog could see Griffin had to go but the club wouldn't make the move. If Suli had just ran 5 metres and fellen over the line to win the game, would they have had Griffin hang around for another 3, 4, 5 rounds?
Blessing in disguise.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Watched a few training sessions, they have stepped it up this year, already two tackle sessions in the gym.
Tuesday big opossed session went for 60min Volk played both sides of field in opposed team. Interesting to note he had modified contact vest on.
I think Flanno is close to what the 17 will be.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Watched a few training sessions, they have stepped it up this year, already two tackle sessions in the gym.
Tuesday big opossed session went for 60min Volk played both sides of field in opposed team. Interesting to note he had modified contact vest on.
Flanno jnr playing #6?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Why does it matter that Volk played on both sides? He's being primed for half or 5/8?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Why does it matter that Volk played on both sides? He's being primed for half or 5/8?
It matters because if he is training both sides to me that would indicate having the ability to be flexible with the squad during injury and representation or being able to move a player into an alternative position. Also that he won't be in the starting 13, he is being trained as what we called back in the day as a shadow player for both playmaking positions .

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It matters because if he is training both sides to me that would indicate having the ability to be flexible with the squad during injury and representation or being able to move a player into an alternative position. Also that he won't be in the starting 13, he is being trained as what we called back in the day as a shadow player for both playmaking positions .
Now I understand. Thanks.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Who do you think it'll be?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Could also mean he's training as controlling half.
Interesting to note he had modified contact vest on.
This is a massive concern

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Could also mean he's training as controlling half.

This is a massive concern
You could be right but based on how I use to train and coach teams. I always had shadow players running with my 1st team in the same manner especiallyin those playmaker roles. I would be very surprised if he starts in the run on team. Just my views.