2024 squad and best 17

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Ran into a bloke yesterday at Coolangatta wearing Dragons shorts. Looked fairly relaxed . I was wearing my old red v members baseball cap. Gave him a wry smile and he returned the same. Bloke goes by the name Flanagan. I said " Good luck". He said " Thanks". He usually spends his Xmas up here.
If Kyle is bad he had better not come next Christmas.
Daniel Howell Pride GIF by YouTube

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

NRL clubs their fastest, fittest and strongest players​

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

1.2km time trial
  1. Zac Lomax (4:28)
  2. Jacob Liddle
  3. Ryan Couchman
Bench press
  1. Ben Murdoch-Masila (170kgs)
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Alec Tuitavake
Squat
  1. Josh Coric (225kgs)
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Francis Molo
Good to see Coric in there. Surprised Lawrie didn't make the top 3 for squat. Also interesting to see Liddle and Couchman beat all the backs but Lomax.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

NRL clubs their fastest, fittest and strongest players​

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

1.2km time trial
  1. Zac Lomax (4:28)
  2. Jacob Liddle
  3. Ryan Couchman
Bench press
  1. Ben Murdoch-Masila (170kgs)
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Alec Tuitavake
Squat
  1. Josh Coric (225kgs)
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Francis Molo
Good to see Coric in there. Surprised Lawrie didn't make the top 3 for squat. Also interesting to see Liddle and Couchman beat all the backs but Lomax.
I'm not surprised. We lack speed in the backs and have done so for the last 5 yrs. God I wish we had another Mitch Brennan.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm not surprised. We lack speed in the backs and have done so for the last 5 yrs. God I wish we had another Mitch Brennan.
Having a winger near the top in bench press and squats but not in the running is unique.
Flanno is really into picking the right kind of players, not just ability. Like a tall prop to compliment a short prop. A centre to compliment a big centre and so on.

Eric

Staff
Not sure if this was written by Jo Dragon or not but if not, seems his 2025 prediction has some support.

HUNT STAYS

While the rumblings will continue, Ben Hunt will enjoy life under new coach Shane Flanagan who will convince him to see out the final year of his deal. Flanagan will land a couple of big signings and it will be enough to keep Hunt’s restless feet on the ground for now.

The Dragons will be the big improvers … in 2025.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not sure if this was written by Jo Dragon or not but if not, seems his 2025 prediction has some support.

HUNT STAYS

While the rumblings will continue, Ben Hunt will enjoy life under new coach Shane Flanagan who will convince him to see out the final year of his deal. Flanagan will land a couple of big signings and it will be enough to keep Hunt’s restless feet on the ground for now.

The Dragons will be the big improvers … in 2025.
2yrs ago I predicted that we would be top 8 material if we could just get a couple of big bodied props who could chew up the metres in the middle of the park. I hope that we unearth some local juniors good enough to fill that void or my prediction made 2 yrs ago will not come to fruition

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree but those results are for fitness rather than speed.
If fit Sloan and Ramsey would of been in top 3.
After them our OBs have a similar build, fitness, speed. Feagais, Suli, Rava, Turner.
Hopefully Sav, Si and Allan can give us more.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
After them our OBs have a similar build, fitness, speed. Feagais, Suli, Rava, Turner.
Who is Allen?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As I see it Sloan a good distance ahead of Lomax who isnt mentioned. Turner has speed but can he make the step up? Rav is a finisher because of his build but he won't be streaking down the sideline, neither will the Feigais. I do like the look and speed of Tamale and Finou

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think Sloan might be the most important player this year. If he fixes the problems in his game without losing his attacking ability, we'll at least score plenty of points.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Sloan might be the most important player this year. If he fixes the problems in his game without losing his attacking ability, we'll at least score plenty of points.
Might have been the case last year too.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well we officially signed Nsw Cup player Ronald Volkman, so that would suggest to me Bird isn't being considered for 5/8 thank god