Griffin & Hunt

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It's a poor policy in my view. The law is crystal clear every person is entitled to their innocence until proven guilty by a group of their peers. Standing someone down from their workplace is a very big call for such an extended period of time. Especially when it is to placate sponsors.
Especially when it's a big disadvantage to a club in a professional sporting competition.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Was piss weak for sure. They left it up to JDB to challenge it on his own.
Yes, I can understand if he was a Police officer and accused of rape there would be a community expectation that he or she wouldn't be able to be operational but a football player, this policy is based on sponsorship not law or community expectations in my view.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes, I can understand if he was a Police officer and accused of rape there would be a community expectation that he or she wouldn't be able to be operational but a football player, this policy is based on sponsorship not law or community expectations in my view.
It's not just your view. It's an admitted fact. They stood him down because sponsors wanted that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I still can't believe the club didn't take a much firmer stance. It should have reached the point of forfeiting games. Did the NRL pay off the front office? They let the NRL rub out without question the club's best forward shortly before the season started and then for a second season due to events outside of anyone's control. And they let it happen so meekly. You think if the Rorters lost Tedesco under similar circumstances, the Rorters would just accept it?
It's a poor policy in my view. The law is crystal clear every person is entitled to their innocence until proven guilty by a group of their peers. Standing someone down from their workplace is a very big call for such an extended period of time. Especially when it is to placate sponsors.
Especially when it's a big disadvantage to a club in a professional sporting competition.
Rumour is that Jack was compensated by the NRL not to take it further. I don't know that to be true. Just a rumour I've heard. A rumour I agree with. Surely there is just no way he'd be so magnanimous or forgiving otherwise. But that does nothing for the club.

There is the also the aspect of the NRL doing what sponsors want. Do people forget it's a business deal, not charity?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Rumour is that Jack was compensated by the NRL not to take it further. I don't know that to be true. Just a rumour I've heard. A rumour I agree with. Surely there is just no way he'd be so magnanimous or forgiving otherwise. But that does nothing for the club.

There is the also the aspect of the NRL doing what sponsors want. Do people forget it's a business deal, not charity?
NRL should have told sponsors something like "we follow the law down to dotting the i's and crossing the t's. If you don't, perhaps we shouldn't be in this business deal."

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This will please jodragon no doubt. Coming from the lips of the Mole. Most times he talks sense not this time. In one breath he says this season the Dragons attack 'lacked creativity and imagination". In another he says Ben Hunt was the best player in the side. How is that possible Mole when as skipper and chief play maker Ben Hunt is responsible for the bulk of our attacking creativity and imagination. He 'saved many tries'. Sure he did, when he has the worst defensive record in the NRL.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt might be able to step up next year and Coric will almost certainly be in the top 30.
Why did we sign Frank Molo for three years. I reckon his brother was better for us this season. How many years have we given him?

Hopefully Hunt can step up so Jack can return to his own position with Coric given a substantial run in top grade.. Seems this S'ua/Lawrie talk was a 'storm in a teacup' or has FO been assuring them things will change for the better next season.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Why did we sign Frank Molo for three years. I reckon his brother was better for us this season. How many years have we given him?

Hopefully Hunt can step up so Jack can return to his own position with Coric given a substantial run in top grade.. Seems this S'ua/Lawrie talk was a 'storm in a teacup' or has FO been assuring them things will change for the better next season.
He was very disappointing but certainly has talent a good coach might be able to tap.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This will please jodragon no doubt. Coming from the lips of the Mole. Most times he talks sense not this time. In one sentence he said this season the Dragons attack 'lacked creativity and imagination". In another breath he says Ben Hunt was the best player in the side. How is that possible Mole when as skipper and chief play maker Ben Hunt is responsible for the bulk of our attacking creativity and imagination. He 'saved many tries'. Sure he did, when he has the worst defensive record in the NRL.
Fundamentally I agree but to be honest, Hunt didn't get much help from Amone, Sloan/Mbye/Ramsey and most of all, McCullough.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Fundamentally I agree but to be honest, Hunt didn't get much help from Amone, Sloan/Mbye/Ramsey and most of all, McCullough.
Fundamentally I agree but at least as far as Amone, the idiot coach insisted Hunt must do pretty much everything himself. I'd imagine that would have knocked around Amone's confidence.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
True. The spine has to function as one. All the good sides have a strong one. Hopefully next season our spine will be on the improve.
Macca as No.1 hooker for the season and Mbye as No.1 fullback for part was either a massive recruitment failure or mind-numbingly stupid.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ok let's put this issue to bed.

Fact 1 - Your forward pack gives you or denies you the ability to execute your attacking structures.

Fact 2 - Rolling forwards on the back of a forward pack making the advantage line consistently with quick play the balls is vital to a teams attacking options. The more options you have the more points you could score.

Fact 3 - Penrith have 3 attacking options, Korisau, Cleary, Luia, position finished 1st. Sharks, Hynes, Moylan, Brailey 2nd. Cowboys Dearden, Townsend, Robson 3rd, Storm, Grant, Hughes, Munster 5th to name a few teams with 3 options.

RL is not a complicated game. You need to be able to perform and execute the basics well both in attack and defence.

In attack - Roll forward, make the advantage line, quick play the balls, offer attacking options on both sides of the ruck. Execute your attacking structures, provide options to the ball carrier and hold on to the ball, completion rates 80%.

In defence trust your defensive structures trust your teamate on both shoulders and restrict the number of offloads to impede 2nd phase attack, minimise missed tackles, no more than 34 missed tackles a game, target 26.

Fact 4 - Dragons had 1 attacking option Hunt, finished 10th. Which is good considering where other clubs with one option finished. Hopefully Amone will develop next season and give us 2 options and if McCullough pulls the pin either Muhleisen or Sullivan plays hooker and offer that 3rd option. Important to buy a go forward big bodied prop.

Just my views.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ok let's put this issue to bed.

Fact 1 - Your forward pack gives you or denies you the ability to execute your attacking structures.

Fact 2 - Rolling forwards on the back of a forward pack making the advantage line consistently with quick play the balls is vital to a teams attacking options. The more options you have the more points you could score.

Fact 3 - Penrith have 3 attacking options, Korisau, Cleary, Luia, position finished 1st. Sharks, Hynes, Moylan, Brailey 2nd. Cowboys Dearden, Townsend, Robson 3rd, Storm, Grant, Hughes, Munster 5th to name a few teams with 3 options.

RL is not a complicated game. You need to be able to perform and execute the basics well both in attack and defence.

In attack - Roll forward, make the advantage line, quick play the balls, offer attacking options on both sides of the ruck. Execute your attacking structures, provide options to the ball carrier and hold on to the ball, completion rates 80%.

In defence trust your defensive structures trust your teamate on both shoulders and restrict the number of offloads to impede 2nd phase attack, minimise missed tackles, no more than 34 missed tackles a game, target 26.

Fact 4 - Dragons had 1 attacking option Hunt, finished 10th. Which is good considering where other clubs with one option finished. Hopefully Amone will develop next season and give us 2 options and if McCullough pulls the pin either Muhleisen or Sullivan plays hooker and offer that 3rd option. Important to buy a go forward big bodied prop.

Just my views.
You are smart!

I firmly believe defence is all about commitment. I bet most of these guys have been tackling since they were 5 or 6 years old. A lot or most of the tries against us this year weren't from overlaps but from turnstile defenders merely hanging an arm out. In my books that's all about commitment and that's what the coach has to instill. If the coach can't do it for 2 years straight, in any efficient, professional organisation rather than old boys fiefdom, the coach would get the sack.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You are smart!

I firmly believe defence is all about commitment. I bet most of these guys have been tackling since they were 5 or 6 years old. A lot or most of the tries against us this year weren't from overlaps but from turnstile defenders merely hanging an arm out. In my books that's all about commitment and that's what the coach has to instill. If the coach can't do it for 2 years straight, in any efficient, professional organisation rather than old boys fiefdom, the coach would get the sack.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. In junior footy say from
U16 onward until you reach 1st grade defence is not the highest priority. In fact if you can cast your mind back to the now defunct U20 comp there were some cricket scores in those games.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. In junior footy say from
U16 onward until you reach 1st grade defence is not the highest priority. In fact if you can cast your mind back to the now defunct U20 comp there were some cricket scores in those games.
Defence isn't the highest priority but they know how to tackle.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else notice all talk about Ben Hunts contract has ceased? He must have rejected the clubs first offer and is preparing to hit the market.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else notice all talk about Ben Hunts contract has ceased? He must have rejected the clubs first offer and is preparing to hit the market.
Looks like he is definitely going to hit the open market. Guess it means the club refused to budge on the 700~750k offer.