Griffin & Hunt

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Looks like he is definitely going to hit the open market. Guess it means the club refused to budge on the 700~750k offer.
Still too early to say it's definitely the case but one would think news would have leaked out by now even if the cooling off period wasn't over. It would be evidence Hook's power over recruitment retention is limited. Not sure if it's always been the case or just is now due to his terrible recruitment decisions of the last 2 seasons.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons had 1 attacking option Hunt, finished 10th.
Amone came into his own as the second attacking option in the latter part of the season. Some of his electric scoots took defenses by surprise. He needs to continue that next year while trying to also hone his ball skills and kicking game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else notice all talk about Ben Hunts contract has ceased? He must have rejected the clubs first offer and is preparing to hit the market.
He and FO met yesterday as I understand. I so hope he has knocked them back or visa versa. It would add so much more clarity to the club going forward. This has hung over us far too long as it is and has been disruptive. Ego belongs somewhere else.. loyalty alone belongs here.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
He and FO met yesterday as I understand. I so hope he has knocked them back or visa versa. It would add so much more clarity to the club going forward. This has hung over us far too long as it is and has been disruptive. Ego belongs somewhere else.. loyalty alone belongs here.
Also he is rapidly approaching the end of his career and Dragons have a highly regarded young halfback waiting. That's the biggest issue for me because these days, 800~850k isn't really that much for a halfback. Even Luke Brooks is said to be on 900k.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Do we have a promising juniors thread? This powerhouse St George junior will be first cab off the rank. Played HM Cup this season. That would make him say, 17 years.
Corey Ackers: St George Dragons JRL. Harrold Matts
Have you ever seen a kid Ackers age make so much impact in a match. Scattered defenses like they were flies, offloads with consumate skill and is fearless in defense. Some of those dump tackles he pulled off had the ground shaking. Does he kick goals too?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bad news for club stability. Sen Radio saying FO "is likely to re-sign Ben Hunt''.
:mad:
On a brighter note, they have been speculating for a few weeks that he's about to re-sign but still hasn't so at least the club hasn't rolled over on his (ridiculous) demands for 800+K.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If he wins Dally M or halfback of the year I'd expect $850k per season
Not so sure. Everyone knows these awards are a farce in their present form. Firstly, spine players get the points each week almost by rote. Mid table teams benefit by not having many players competing for the points each week but still having enough wins to accumulate a lot of points.

I know that kind of player doesn't win it every year but they have a better chance.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not so sure. Everyone knows these awards are a farce in their present form. Firstly, spine players get the points each week almost by rote. Mid table teams benefit by not having many players competing for the points each week but still having enough wins to accumulate a lot of points.

I know that kind of player doesn't win it every year but they have a better chance.
Time will tell