Griffin & Hunt

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Lets wait and see. If the club was going to roll over and give Hook what he wants (ridiculous contract for Hunt and position for Macca) it would have been announced by now.
By November, our spine to start 23 will be Ramsey, Amone,Hunt and McCullough no semi finals football next season, closer to wooden spooners, but hey what would I know

Eric

Staff
Paul Crawly from the DT urging us to throw huge money at Hunt before rivals can poach him. What he says makes no sense. He's talking about how Canterbury are interested and how good the combo with Burton, Mahony and Kikau would be. A patently idiotic comment because signing them is obviously why they can't afford Hunt. In passing he also mentions the Gold Coast. I very much doubt they have salary cap space either.

Moral of the story, if Dragons want to keep him, 700k or less would probably be more than enough. It seems almost everyone including me wants Sully to get a chance but if Hunt is extended for around 700k, it's a good deal for the club to get a good halfback for that much these days.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Paul Crawly from the DT urging us to throw huge money at Hunt before rivals can poach him. What he says makes no sense. He's talking about how Canterbury are interested and how good the combo with Burton, Mahony and Kikau would be. A patently idiotic comment because signing them is obviously why they can't afford Hunt. In passing he also mentions the Gold Coast. I very much doubt they have salary cap space either.

Moral of the story, if Dragons want to keep him, 700k or less would probably be more than enough. It seems almost everyone including me wants Sully to get a chance but if Hunt is extended for around 700k, it's a good deal for the club to get a good halfback for that much these days.
This is just my view. Hunt has indicated that he wants to stay. The Dragons senior management has indicated that they want Hunt to stay. The sticking point is the money. We offered originally $700k, he wants $875k. By November there will be a compromise and I believe he will stay and most probably be on a 2 yr extension worth between $1.5 and $1.6m. If I am right he will be our no.7 until at the very least the end of 2024. In my view there is no way either the Titans or Dolphins are really interested in signing him. Time will tell.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

If we get Hunt at 700k then I'm OK, but if it's close to 850k then only my opinion , respect everyone else's opinions , he can move on ..... And if it's in his contract that Hook has to be around , then he can go even if we got him for 250k a year ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If we get Hunt at 700k then I'm OK, but if it's close to 850k then only my opinion , respect everyone else's opinions , he can move on ..... And if it's in his contract that Hook has to be around , then he can go even if we got him for 250k a year ......
I agree. Having a good halfback locked away for 700k, no matter what happens with Sullivan, is a good deal. Remember if Sullivan turns into another Thurston, he's also going to want huge money.

The "Hook clause" won't fly at all. I'm surprised he had the arrogance to even request it. Probably a negotiating tactic. To say, "I dropped my demand for Hook to be coach so you should offer another 50k", or something like that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This is just my view. Hunt has indicated that he wants to stay. The Dragons senior management has indicated that they want Hunt to stay. The sticking point is the money. We offered originally $700k, he wants $875k. By November there will be a compromise and I believe he will stay and most probably be on a 2 yr extension worth between $1.5 and $1.6m. If I am right he will be our no.7 until at the very least the end of 2024. In my view there is no way either the Titans or Dolphins are really interested in signing him. Time will tell.
I think 700k for a good halfback, even if nearing the end of his career, is a good deal. 750k is neither here or there, IMO.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Latest Hunt saga snippet. FO evidently wont budge on its original $700K offer to our skipper who has also dug in his heels for more. His ego and greed is as big as he is. This news has reached other clubs which will resume sniffing around. Best news I've had all week.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Latest Hunt saga snippet. FO evidently wont budge on its original offer to our skipper who has also dug in his heels for more. Hunt's ego and greed is as big as he is. This news has reached other clubs which will resume sniffing around. Best news I've had all week.
Is that you baggygreen .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Albert told Tyrell Sloan "to wait 12 months". What do we read into that. Sloan was supposedly not happy with Griffin as coach hence his request for the release. Did Young offer Sloan an assurance that Griffin will be gone in 12 months?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Albert told Tyrell Sloan "to wait 12 months". What do we read into that. Sloan was supposedly not happy with Griffin as coach hence his request for the release. Did Young offer Sloan an assurance that Griffin will be gone in 12 months?
There is no way even our front office morons would be planning to get rid of the coach in 12 months rather than sack him immediately. It's more about having a shootout between Ramsey, Stewart and Sloan next season to determine who is going to be the long term fullback.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
There is no way even our front office morons would be planning to get rid of the coach in 12 months rather than sack him immediately. It's more about having a shootout between Ramsey, Stewart and Sloan next season to determine who is going to be the long term fullback.
It would be a shootout between Stewart and Sloan. Ramsey is full of effort and energy but just lacks the talent of the other 2. He needs to put on another 5kg over the off season and be a winger.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
front office morons would be planning to get rid of the coach in 12 months
I can tell you with some authority that club boss Craig Young and yours and my favorite CEO Peter Doust are heading a BOD faction that wants to bring Dean Young back to the Dragons, most likely as head coach. Griffin's days are numbered.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know about anyone else but I'm so sick of hearing about whether Hunt will or won't re-sign. The club needs to put and end to it. Re-sign before the World Cup squad leaves or the offer is pulled.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I can tell you with some authority that club boss Craig Young and yours and my favorite CEO Peter Doust are heading a BOD faction that wants to bring Dean Young back to the Dragons, most likely as head coach. Griffin's days are numbered.
Surely there is no way even Doust would bring in yet another rookie coach. There is just no way! Surely!