Griffin & Hunt

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know about anyone else but I'm so sick of hearing about whether Hunt will or won't re-sign. The club needs to put and end to it. Re-sign before the World Cup squad leaves or the offer is pulled.
I agree. It's about time he made a decision. If not, the club has to move on.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I can tell you with some authority that club boss Craig Young and yours and my favorite CEO Peter Doust are heading a BOD faction that wants to bring Dean Young back to the Dragons, most likely as head coach. Griffin's days are numbered.
Yes said this before, it's all heading that way .....

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Does this guy, Doust, have something personal against St George?
He should have as he must've been the least popular CEO this great club has ever had. Stayed way past his used by date.. during which time he let go some of our best players. I recall hearing about irate fans camping outside the Taj Mahal with placards denouncing him. Mind boggles as to why the our BOD gave him a second coming here.

Eric

Staff
He should have as he must've been the least popular CEO this great club has ever had. Stayed way past his used by date.. during which time he let go some of our best players. I recall hearing about irate fans camping outside the Taj Mahal with placards denouncing him. Mind boggles as to why the our BOD gave him a second coming here.
He might well be the least popular CEO any club has ever had!

Eric

Staff
Ben Hunt saying he hopes Sloan sticks around and telling Sloan he wasn't a regular NRL player until he was about 24.

I've always been a supporter of Hunt. At first I said he was unfairly criticised. Then I said it was the coaches fault. I still believe those things but this comment along with Albert's comment about Sullivan waiting behind Hunt for another 3 years are really annoying me. Our young players are not going to wait around in the NSW Cup until their mid-20s so that Griffin's favourite players can stay on bloated contracts into their mid 30s. It's not going to happen!!! Either Griffin's favourites are let go or the young guys in line behind them will go. Simple as that!

Any comments to the contrary are merely trolling or treating fans like idiots.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ben Hunt saying he hopes Sloan sticks around and telling Sloan he wasn't a regular NRL player until he was about 24.

I've always been a supporter of Hunt. At first I said he was unfairly criticised. Then I said it was the coaches fault. I still believe those things but this comment along with Albert's comment about Sullivan waiting behind Hunt for another 3 years are really annoying me. Our young players are not going to wait around in the NSW Cup until their mid-20s so that Griffin's favourite players can stay on bloated contracts into their mid 30s. It's not going to happen!!! Either Griffin's favourites are let go or the young guys in line behind them will go. Simple as that!

Any comments to the contrary are merely trolling or treating fans like idiots.
100 percent agree and it's complete bullshit by the club .....

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt's revised offer was reported to be 750K with bonuses taking it up to 900K depending on the success of the team. He rejected it. So 750K isn't enough and he has very little or no confidence in the team.

Ok, he has made his position clear. Now the team and club has to move forward without him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt's revised offer was reported to be 750K with bonuses taking it up to 900K depending on the success of the team. He rejected it. So 750K isn't enough and he has very little or no confidence in the team.

Ok, he has made his position clear. Now the team and club has to move forward without him.
If this is true, it's time to pull the plug and inform Sullivan he's the halfback at least from 2024 if not earlier depending on how whoever is penciled in to be hooker goes next season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons superstar Ben Hunt has reportedly knocked back the club’s latest extension offer in a brutal blow to the club’s 2023 finals hopes.

St George Illawarra’s initial offer was a two-year deal worth $700,000 and $750,000 which was rejected by the club’s player of the year,

Give me a break. No surprise Mr Ego has rejected the extension.. I am bursting into tears. Sully will be rejoicing so will our most promising halves.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
“St George have been very very good to him and probably paid him more money than he was worthy of until this year.”

Has always been my view, some here and many other Dragons supporters Buzz.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons superstar Ben Hunt has reportedly knocked back the club’s latest extension offer in a brutal blow to the club’s 2023 finals hopes.

St George Illawarra’s initial offer was a two-year deal worth $700,000 and $750,000 which was rejected by the club’s player of the year,

Give me a break. No surprise Mr Ego has rejected the extension.. I am bursting into tears. Sully will be rejoicing so will our most promising halves.
“St George have been very very good to him and probably paid him more money than he was worthy of until this year.”

Has always been my view and several others here Buzz.
Agree. This has to be the final straw. Time to tell Hunt next year is his last and wish him well after that. Perhaps now, the debate should turn to whether to let him go this year if another club is willing to pick up almost all of his salary.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Yep FO wont be sharpening any more pencils for Ben Hunt. Wayne Bennett may be tho and any one else who wants to take on an aging play maker that never reached champion status.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep FO wont be sharpening any more pencils for Ben Hunt. Wayne Bennett may be tho and any one else who wants to take on an aging play maker that never reached champion status.
I doubt Bennett will unless it's for next year. Even then it's doubtful. They have a Penrith junior halfback who there is huge wraps on and O'Sullivan. I think only the Tigers have a spot for him unless he signs for significantly less than 700k.