Griffin & Hunt

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm in favour of keeping him next year, letting him go for 2024.
As long as its a swap between 9 and 7 to get the young guys ready , but if its to stop the young guys , Sully from getting a go at 7 as Hunt wont play 9 then its see you latter ......

Eric

Staff
But our coach if it's still Hook won't ...... Don't forget Hunt wanted Hook to stay on it was part of what he wanted in his contract deal .....
I agree with that. Pressure will have to come down on Hook from Albert or someone else above him because he won't do anything Hunt doesn't like even if it's to the detriment of his own career.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry Eric don't agree , with this mentor stuff , Hunt or others ..... What mentor Sully with Hunts last 3 , 4 years or his one good year ..... Different players have different strengths and vision ..... Throw Sully in and let him work it out , with the help of the coaching staff not Hunt .......
Coaching staff, what coaching staff?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Coaching staff, what coaching staff?
If the reports are true about Hunt rejecting 750k with clauses which could up that to 900k for a gf win, do you still support re-signing him? I think that offer is more than generous. I think Hunt slightly gets the better out of the deal. So I've gone from neutral to wanting him gone.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If the reports are true about Hunt rejecting 750k with clauses which could up that to 900k for a gf win, do you still support re-signing him? I think that offer is more than generous. I think Hunt slightly gets the better out of the deal. So I've gone from neutral to wanting him gone.
If he doesn't re sign its going to be a disastrous 23

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Do you rate Hunt super highly, not rate Sullivan, a combination of the two or something else why you think the club can't do without Hunt?
I'm glad he finally made a call. It could be worse. Look at Munster and Melbourne. I'm not sure of the club gave him a deadline or he was just giving the club as much advance notice as he could. Either way, I think it's time to start planning without Hunt.

Eric

Staff
The Dragons are poised to stave off big-money bids from the Bulldogs and Titans by securing Queensland Origin star Ben Hunt to a $1.8 million contract extension.

News Corp can reveal the Red V is closing in on the signature of Hunt after Dragons bosses upped the ante with a revised two-year deal worth $900,000 a season.
Hunt dropped a bombshell on the Dragons just hours before the Dally M Awards on Wednesday night when it was revealed his management had rejected St George Illawarra’s initial offer.
But Dragons hierarchy remain confident Hunt’s preference is to finish his career at the club, despite strong overtures from a number of clubs headlined by Canterbury and the Gold Coast.
The Maroons maestro wants to finalise his future before heading to England for Australia’s World Cup campaign and St George Illawarra chiefs expect to seal Hunt’s retention, ending months of speculation.
If this is true, I'm done caring for the next 3 years. I'll still casually support them from the comfort of the living room but that's it.

This club is run by idiots who have turned it into a farce.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If this is true, I'm done caring for the next 3 years. I'll still casually support them from the comfort of the living room but that's it.

This club is run by idiots who have turned it into a farce.
900k a season for a guy who has never won a premiership or any major awards and who will be 34 at the time the new contract starts? No way! Absolutely no way even our front office idiots would sign off on that!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
900k a season for a guy who has never won a premiership or any major awards and who will be 34 at the time the new contract starts? No way! Absolutely no way even our front office idiots would sign off on that!
If he does sign , the pressure he will be on if he doesn't produce the goods .... If I was Sullivan I'd want a immediate release ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Do you rate Hunt super highly, not rate Sullivan, a combination of the two or something else why you think the club can't do without Hunt?
I don't think anyone realises just how hard it is to change playmakers. Different styles with different qualities and in reality takes seasons to build a rapport with the coach and other players. New attacking and defensive structures. I hope that if Hunt doesn't re sign he nurtures Sullivan for the 23 season and acts and plays in a professional manner. The alternative would be disastrous in my personal view.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I don't think anyone realises just how hard it is to change playmakers. Different styles with different qualities and in reality takes seasons to build a rapport with the coach and other players. New attacking and defensive structures. I hope that if Hunt doesn't re sign he nurtures Sullivan for the 23 season and acts and plays in a professional manner. The alternative would be disastrous in my personal view.
When Bennett came, he changed the spine entirely. Understand it's hard but when what you have isn't working.....

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
When Bennett came, he changed the spine entirely. Understand it's hard but when what you have isn't working.....
He most certainly did and we won a premiership and were very competitive every year he was our coach. We need to change 9 and 1 at the very least, probably 7 in near future, throw in a new coach as well. That's why I envisage 2025.