Griffin & Hunt

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He most certainly did and we won a premiership and were very competitive every year he was our coach. We need to change 9 and 1 at the very least, probably 7 in near future, throw in a new coach as well. That's why I envisage 2025.
Agree. So this thing about a 900k extension can't be true. Surely not no matter how many head knocks Albert has had and no matter how loyal the idiot is to his old Broncos U20s team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. So this thing about a 900k extension can't be true. Surely not no matter how many head knocks Albert has had and no matter how loyal the idiot is to his old Broncos U20s team.
The extension that people are talking about is actually bonus payments . So 750k with the ability to reach 900k if we progress deep into the finals, which won't happen and he knows that.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The extension that people are talking about is actually bonus payments . So 750k with the ability to reach 900k if we progress deep into the finals, which won't happen and he knows that.
that was supposedly the deal he rejected a few days ago. 750k but with bonuses reaching up to 900k in the event of a premiership win.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've heard that as well. That makes much more sense. 750k for an aging but still good, but never great halfback is fair for all involved. 900k is ridiculous.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Still no official word regarding Hunt re-signing..... Didn't he say he wanted it sorted out before they leave for the WC? When are they leaving? Must be in the next day or two.

Eric

Staff
Still no official word regarding Hunt re-signing..... Didn't he say he wanted it sorted out before they leave for the WC? When are they leaving? Must be in the next day or two.
I've lost count of how many tImes, according to the media, he was about to re-sign or close to re-signing or has almost agreed to terms and etc only for it to go quiet.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not quite worst fears but close to it. Hunt re-signs. No word on how much but knowing the idiots who run the Dragons, 1.2 mil a year with 100k of that each going to head-Knock Young, Webb, Griffin and Flanagan.

Eric

Staff
Not quite worst fears but close to it. Hunt re-signs. No word on how much but knowing the idiots who run the Dragons, 1.2 mil a year with 100k of that each going to head-Knock Young, Webb, Griffin and Flanagan.
That's an interesting theory. But it should be 200k to Young and Webb. A win-win situation for them. Hunt still gets more than he could get anywhere else. Flanagan has nothing to do with it, as far as I know and Griffin would have done almost anything to keep him.

That confirms McCullough is sticking around and will no doubt be the second picked each week after Hunt. Sullivan will also be leaving and we will have pay a chunk of his salary to play elsewhere for the next 2 years.

This was all very predictable. Wonder why this team has been rubbish for the last 10 years? Here it is.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Head-Knock Young has turned completely into a brokeback bitch! I think the sponsors who I've heard love Hunt, wanted him re-signed. Bellamy, Cleary, Bennett, Robinson and etc would have in a polite way told the sponsors to f**k off because they are in the business of winning and if sponsors don't like it, there are plenty who value winning just like this club.

But Brokeback Young would have said "oookkkk" and ran off with his tail between his legs to give Hunt another 1.2mil a season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
DT reporting the new deal is for just a little under 2mil. No, no, no! That can't be true. If it is, someone has to report it to the police. Someone in the front office is sabotaging the team on purpose.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
This season just finished was Hunt's 5th, wasn't it? So he was brought in on huge money to be a marquee playmaker. His own form has been good. Not good enough to win any major awards but good nonetheless. As a marquee playmaker he has been an unmitigated disaster. So they extend him on huge money until his mid 30s and will now be forced to release a promising but untested young halfback.

Widdop was similar. His form was mostly good but as the playmaker he was hired to be, he was a disaster. So after 4 or 5 years of total failure, the club extends his contract. Though that wasn't as bad because for memory he was about 30 at that time and there was no young replacement coming up from the juniors, banging on the door to be given a decent chance.

There is something seriously wrong with the brain of whoever is making these decisions. It's not just incompetence. I like the new nickname, Head-Knock Young because I think it might be true.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
This season just finished was Hunt's 5th, wasn't it? So he was brought in on huge money to be a marquee playmaker. His own form has been good. Not good enough to win any major awards but good nonetheless. As a marquee playmaker he has been an unmitigated disaster. So they extend him on huge money until his mid 30s and will now be forced to release a promising but untested young halfback.

Widdop was similar. His form was mostly good but as the playmaker he was hired to be, he was a disaster. So after 4 or 5 years of total failure, the club extends his contract. Though that wasn't as bad because for memory he was about 30 at that time and there was no young replacement coming up from the juniors, banging on the door to be given a decent chance.

There is something seriously wrong with the brain of whoever is making these decisions. It's not just incompetence. I like the new nickname, Head-Knock Young because I think it might be true.
I told everyone on here way before this that Mr Young has been a big problem with what goes on in the club , but he is not alone ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I told everyone on here way before this that Mr Young has been a big problem with what goes on in the club , but he is not alone ......
I remember you saying that. At the time I put it down to hyperbole or just being overly emotional. Now it seems you were absolutely correct. Unless he has some hidden 'master plan' to drive this team into the ground and then bring his son in as the saviour, there really does seem to be some cognitive problem.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And no surprises here with Hunt re signed and Sullivan although contracted until 25 asking for an immediate release. Wooden spoon contenders in 23 is my very sad prediction

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
One thing Griffin and Hunt have been very successful in: Creating bad blood between various individuals and factions in and around the first grade team. I think last season there was Griffin, Hunt, Macca, McGuire, Mbye (sadly) Sowie and Head-Knock Young in one faction vs the young players, Lomax, JoDragon's man, Sims, James Graham, Peter Gentle and Matt Head.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
One thing Griffin and Hunt have been very successful in: Creating bad blood between various individuals and factions in and around the first grade team. I think last season there was Griffin, Hunt, Macca, McGuire, Mbye (sadly) Sowie and Head-Knock Young in one faction vs the young players, Lomax, JoDragon's man, Sims, James Graham, Peter Gentle and Matt Head.
It feels as if the wheels have fallen off. Total disaster.

Eric

Staff
Seems Hunt isn't very popular among at least a section of the playing group. I haven't heard anything about him being a =#/+*)@.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Seems Hunt isn't very popular among at least a section of the playing group. I haven't heard anything about him being a =#/+*)@.
I think you'll find a few problems. Very understandable IMO.
  1. They don't like Hunt unjustifiably getting all the wraps and none of the criticism.
  2. They don't appreciate the coaches obvious favouritism.
  3. They don't appreciate Hunt so publicly backing a coach who they hate.
  4. They don't appreciate Hunt telling them to be content in reserve grade. Suggesting for several more years.
  5. They don't appreciate Hunt playing for his own glory rather than the team.
  6. They hate the coach for not pulling him aside and giving him a baking for trying to do everything himself.
All very understandable.