HUNT

Eric

Staff
Sounds like Flanno isn't just being firm about not letting him leave for a player swap but really wants him to stay. I hope that isn't the case. Need to get a player swap organised and send Hunt on his way ASAP.

Apparently Ben is upset about the way the team is playing...... Well Ben is the captain, highest paid player and supposed playmaker. Perhaps he should trying looking at his own game.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sounds like Flanno isn't just being firm about not letting him leave for a player swap but really wants him to stay. I hope that isn't the case. Need to get a player swap organised and send Hunt on his way ASAP.

Apparently Ben is upset about the way the team is playing...... Well Ben is the captain, highest paid player and supposed playmaker. Perhaps he should trying looking at his own game.
I don't know how much people remember of Trent Barrett. Good player for sure but with him in the team, we just couldn't go to that next level. When he left there was some short-term pain for huge long-term gain. Ben Hunt reminds me of that.

Eric

Staff
I don't know how much people remember of Trent Barrett. Good player for sure but with him in the team, we just couldn't go to that next level. When he left there was some short-term pain for huge long-term gain. Ben Hunt reminds me of that.
That team, Barrett's was very strong but not well balanced. Too many ball runners, no ball players.

I just hope Hunt is dropped as Captain.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
That team, Barrett's was very strong but not well balanced. Too many ball runners, no ball players.

I just hope Hunt is dropped as Captain.
Hunt will be Captain and will play the rest of the season , but I believe he will have a sook again about leaving , so I hope Flanno has something in place , when it does happen ......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt will be Captain and will play the rest of the season , but I believe he will have a sook again about leaving , so I hope Flanno has something in place , when it does happen ......
I just think if Flanno is in charge, he'll drive a hard bargain but at the end of the day, will yell to GTFO!

Eric

Staff
Matt Lodge wanted a release and payout from the Roosters for the remainder of the year. Roosters told him, "Nope. You will train with the North Sydney bears for the rest of the season." I bring it up because this is the kind of ruthless way we need to deal with Hunt. Just my views.

Related, Matt Lodge is far too good a prop to be on the nose at every club he goes to. And every club he goes to struggles. He must be in the ear of certain people at each club, backstabbing, causing tension, gossip mongering and etc.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Matt Lodge wanted a release and payout from the Roosters for the remainder of the year. Roosters told him, "Nope. You will train with the North Sydney bears for the rest of the season." I bring it up because this is the kind of ruthless way we need to deal with Hunt. Just my views.

Related, Matt Lodge is far too good a prop to be on the nose at every club he goes to. And every club he goes to struggles. He must be in the ear of certain people at each club, backstabbing, causing tension, gossip mongering and etc.
Said it several times. Ben Hunt needs to not try in the NSW Cup until Gold Coast or whoever organises a player swap.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
After latest farce against the sharks fist get rid of the banana bender. Player trade and cash as soon as possible. Strip him of the captaincy and NSW cup until a deal is done.
Agree with stripping the captaincy the last 2 games have shown us that the playing group is not following their cpt. NSW Cup I don't think will happen. My info is that his manager is going to request another meeting because his position is untenable which it has been since the original request

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Agree with stripping the captaincy the last 2 games have shown us that the playing group is not following their cpt. NSW Cup I don't think will happen. My info is that his manager is going to request another meeting because his position is untenable which it has been since the original request
Player swap or NSW Cup is the only solution. The latter won't do anyone any good but Dragons can't be the first to blink.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Player swap or NSW Cup is the only solution. The latter won't do anyone any good but Dragons can't be the first to blink.
I'm pretty sure that they won't drop him. So we are left with 1 alternative. In another post I have shown a screenshot of just 1 defensive play and that picture tells me that the playing group are not following the cpt or the current coach. They just don't care

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'm pretty sure that they won't drop him. So we are left with 1 alternative. In another post I have shown a screenshot of just 1 defensive play and that picture tells me that the playing group are not following the cpt or the current coach. They just don't care
So if a player swap can't be organised, what is the solution?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So if a player swap can't be organised, what is the solution?
Player swap with who? Broncos certainly won't swap a player for him for the last 9 rounds so then it has to be the Titans next season if they actually want him. The Board rightly or wrongly have now painted themselves into a corner. I say this because I have just analysed the last 2 games and I can tell you what I saw is the other 16 players not following instructions, not competing in either the attacking or defensive structures practice at training and most certainly not playing behind a cpt. These players have been hurt by the cpt request for an immediate release and the manner in which it was done in the public forum and whilst the cpt was elsewhere, its cowardly in my view and unprecedented at NRL level. He should not have kept the captaincy because that sent the wrong message to the other players that his behaviour was acceptable when it is clearly not.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sit the season out .......
Perhaps that may be the only alternative but it takes courage and we have an inept board who count success by $ and cents they won't be wanting to pay Hunt another $250k for the rest of this season to be sitting on the sidelines or playing NSW Cup but I could be wrong, time will tell

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Player swap with who? Broncos certainly won't swap a player for him for the last 9 rounds so then it has to be the Titans next season if they actually want him. The Board rightly or wrongly have now painted themselves into a corner. I say this because I have just analysed the last 2 games and I can tell you what I saw is the other 16 players not following instructions, not competing in either the attacking or defensive structures practice at training and most certainly not playing behind a cpt. These players have been hurt by the cpt request for an immediate release and the manner in which it was done in the public forum and whilst the cpt was elsewhere, its cowardly in my view and unprecedented at NRL level. He should not have kept the captaincy because that sent the wrong message to the other players that his behaviour was acceptable when it is clearly not.
No chance of swapping him for a good halfback but can get another player who would be useful. A speedy outside back or a big prop. How about Mo Fotuaika?