HUNT

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What blog did you watch, as the NRL blog gives very little game detail and you seem to have had plenty.

I think both Couchmans would make good edge forwards imho, but as they are also excellent defenders we need them in the middle, to plug gaps.
Coming through the grades they excelled in both the middle and on the edge but they seem to be better middle forwards and it seems the club views them as that.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Coming through the grades they excelled in both the middle and on the edge but they seem to be better middle forwards and it seems the club views them as that.
Ryan Couchman ran for 259m playing lock he should be in 1st grade permanently but I believe once again it has something to do with match payments if a player plays 10 or more 1st grade games

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What blog did you watch, as the NRL blog gives very little game detail and you seem to have had plenty.

I think both Couchmans would make good edge forwards imho, but as they are also excellent defenders we need them in the middle, to plug gaps.
It's called the Red V Podcast

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Ryan Couchman ran for 259m playing lock he should be in 1st grade permanently but I believe once again it has something to do with match payments if a player plays 10 or more 1st grade games
Toby is the one who has already debuted, isn't he?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Bird is paid 600K, can you believe that, I'd not give him half that. Piss him off there is another 600K saved, ditto BMM, Moga, the Fegais, probably another 2m to add to the kitty.
Yesterday was his worst game yet!
Those are some very serious stats!
Toby is the one who has already debuted, isn't he?
Yes. Ryan yet to play first grade.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Welcome to the last day of the Ben Hunt circus. At least for the Dragons. We've had some great QLDers. Mark Coyne immediately comes to mind. And I hear Macca was very popular among the players. But really the current QLD gang Hunt and Hook brought in was a disaster for the club. Good riddance to the last of them.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Welcome to the last day of the Ben Hunt circus. At least for the Dragons.
Jesus I hope you are correct. Flanno and Hunt meet today, our new coachs future is decided so dont allow this arrogant, disloyal man to further muddy the waters by talking him into staying. As club skipper he should have remained with the sinking ship, thankful he will not, unless these so called 'powerbrokers' on our Board scuttle his departure. Save the 1.7m and send him on his way.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Jesus I hope you are correct. Flanno and Hunt meet today, our new coachs future is decided so dont allow this arrogant, disloyal man to further muddy the waters by talking him into staying. As club skipper he should have remained with the sinking ship, thankful he will not, unless these so called 'powerbrokers' on our Board scuttle his departure. Save the 1.7m and send him on his way.
What time are they going to announce this overpaid, overrated, arrogant little f*ck has been sent on his way?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I beg to differ, the playing list had Toby at lock, Ryan prop. They are both first grade material and will lead our pack in a few years and with those juniors I have already outlined we should have a powerful engine room..
I'm getting old I use to always mix up the Morris boys as well

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Glanno and FO playing hardball:
View attachment 295
So we have a stalemate an impasse, with both parties digging in their heels. What a bunch of losers, or as the Pommies say, tossers, we have running our club and captaining our team. I am so angry at this moment, just when there appeared a brilliant glow at the end of the dark tunnel, we are handed this. Just refuse their offer Hunt please for the sake of we RedV diehards sanity.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So we have a stalemate an impasse, with both parties digging in their heels. What a bunch of losers, or as the Pommies say, tossers, we have running our club and captaining our team. I am so angry at this moment, just when there appeared a brilliant glow at the end of the dark tunnel, we are handed this. Just refuse their offer Hunt please for the sake of we RedV diehards sanity.
The board and senior management had no choice. The spotlight is on them and their own jobs are on the line. However in my experience Hunts position is untenable. The damage and the manner of his request for a release has done untold damage to the rest of the playing group. We saw a glimpse of that damage against the Warriors and we will see it come Thursday against the Sharks. The club holds the aces at the moment but Hunt cannot be named Cpt for our next match. In regards to the Titans next season the very least we should be demanding is a like for like swap, 1 origin standard player for another.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Evidently Ben Hunt said this at the meeting:
"I appreciated the open and honest discussion and will continue to work alongside the club and now focus on our game against the Sharks this Thursday night."

Has he rolled over or is this merely a case of taking it game by game. Hope the latter.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt will return to his old form of doing very little (pre Hook). So we are in for a tough time. Why didn't they just let him go and get on with the new build

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Some on other forum saying BOD had shown good old fashioned balls by not accepting his immediate release so they have time to negotiate a deal to suit the club, re player transfers, sitting out the season etc. But their words '' we expect Hunt to see out his current contract'' does not spell that to me. It spells that they dont intend to sack him, move him to Ressies, remove his captaincy, they are saying that they intend him to stay until end of '25 . THAT IS NOT SHOWING BALLS, IT IS ROLLING OVER.

Last edited: