HUNT

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You can lay bets that this decision will drag on due to the factional dysfunction of our BOD, further muddying the waters.
I'm just so sick of Hunt! The club just can't meekly let him walk away but if it's true he offered to pay 150k, that's enough. Just my views.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hasler might have been convinced to come for the right money and guarantees the board wouldn't try to manage the first grade team.
Had to get him to the table first, but he knocked back the invitation. He obviously had this in the pipeline. At least the Titans managed to get their man without the media circus, which is more than our inept FO and Board could manage.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Had to get him to the table first, but he knocked back the invitation. He obviously had this in the pipeline. At least the Titans managed to get their man without the media circus, which is more than our inept FO and Board could manage.
Professional club. No drama and they are on the edge of the top 8 but not good enough. They got it done quietly, with a minimum of fuss.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Professional club. No drama and they are on the edge of the top 8 but not good enough. They got it done quietly, with a minimum of fuss.
Yep and we are still fumbling around with this Hunt , I will play on Friday , but I dont really want to be here ...... Just let him go and lets get on with building a team of players that want to play for the big RED V .......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Now the compassionate card has been played, the wife and children want to be near their family support system hence Hunt wants to return to Qld. Told you all that Titans had been talking to him as well as at least 3 other Sydney based clubs which actually breaches the current anti tampering rules but the NRL have been silent on this issue so far. A few days ago this statement was released through his manager "Hunt is disillusioned over a number of issues but mostly around senior management, the CEO Ryan Webb and chairman Andrew Lancaster" .
What a mess that our board overseen, quite simply because they lacked the necessary knowledge and skills to run a football club and adequately manage the players.

Eric

Staff
Now the compassionate card has been played, the wife and children want to be near their family support system hence Hunt wants to return to Qld. Told you all that Titans had been talking to him as well as at least 3 other Sydney based clubs which actually breaches the current anti tampering rules but the NRL have been silent on this issue so far. A few days ago this statement was released through his manager "Hunt is disillusioned over a number of issues but mostly around senior management, the CEO Ryan Webb and chairman Andrew Lancaster" .
What a mess that our board overseen, quite simply because they lacked the necessary knowledge and skills to run a football club and adequately manage the players.
Played that card. Good way to describe it. I bet if GC was offering him less money he wouldn't be so "homesick".

I just can't wait to see him gone. For the first several years I was a staunch defender. I thought the time was right to cut him loose at the end of this year. Now he's really overstayed his welcome, IMO.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Saw somewhere that NRL did contact his manager to warn him about breaching anti-tampering rules and also warned clubs not to approach.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Now after being pressed the NRL has requested documentation in regards to any clubs dealings with Hunt. This was also after the Players Association coming out and requesting the Dragons to show some compassion towards Hunt.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Now after being pressed the NRL has requested documentation in regards to any clubs dealings with Hunt. This was also after the Players Association coming out and requesting the Dragons to show some compassion towards Hunt.
Doubt anything will come of it. If ******** from GC or Dolphins met Hunt when he in ********** or when he was at home, and said, "Ben, I can guarantee you $******** for 2 years if you were to ever get out of your current contract", how would anyone prove anything unless either party admitted wrongdoing, which they won't.

I guess it just means they will crack down on it in the future. Similar to how they changed the rules when Cherry-Evans back flipped on Golf Coast.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Doubt anything will come of it. If ******** from GC or Dolphins met Hunt when he in ********** or when he was at home, and said, "Ben, I can guarantee you $******** for 2 years if you were to ever get out of your current contract", how would anyone prove anything unless either party admitted wrongdoing, which they won't.

I guess it just means they will crack down on it in the future. Similar to how they changed the rules when Cherry-Evans back flipped on Golf Coast.
Well I disagree rules are rules and everyone is aware of those rules. There is very little doubt in my mind that other teams have acknowledged enquiries made by his manager who needs to be punished and the club compensated when he actually does depart. Tonight's game will be interesting

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Well I disagree rules are rules and everyone is aware of those rules. There is very little doubt in my mind that other teams have acknowledged enquiries made by his manager who needs to be punished and the club compensated when he actually does depart. Tonight's game will be interesting
I agree with you. I'm saying I'm pretty sure a team has breached the rules but there is no way to prove it.