HUNT

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's obvious hunts not going to put in any effort to ensure he gets his release. Carr has to drop him if his rant last week was genuine. They need to try something it can't go on like this for the rest of the season. Give the young guys a go and see what happens. At least they will play with some heart. I would also drop Sloan until he gets some guts to put his body on the line.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's obvious hunts not going to put in any effort to ensure he gets his release. Carr has to drop him if his rant last week was genuine. They need to try something it can't go on like this for the rest of the season. Give the young guys a go and see what happens. At least they will play with some heart. I would also drop Sloan until he gets some guts to put his body on the line.
Young Sloan is improving his attacking games, positioning utilising his skill set but in defence he is atrocious. In today's game your fullback organises and is able to adjust your defensive structures. He cannot do that

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sloane’s try against the Sharks was awesome ! He can really run when he gets clean air. But he is not a fullback at this stage. Maybe try him on the wing. His defensive game at fullback is hopeless.
I partly agree. Sloan isn't cutting it despite his attacking ability. But I disagree about him being in the wing unless in the NSW Cup. A wingers job is a lot to do with running hard on the first or second tackle after kicks. You think Sloan is going to do that?

Red T

SGI Junior League
Wingers seem to need to be big rather than fast these days. I think they need to change the rule about allowing players to be dragging into touch. They allow a second movement as long as it is in the same motion. This should be stopped so wingers could use the touch line with less fear of being dragged into touch. I wonder if Bennett could make Sloane into a fullback ?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wingers seem to need to be big rather than fast these days. I think they need to change the rule about allowing players to be dragging into touch. They allow a second movement as long as it is in the same motion. This should be stopped so wingers could use the touch line with less fear of being dragged into touch. I wonder if Bennett could make Sloane into a fullback ?
The best wingers are fast. Our wingers are so slow its laughable.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think defence is all about commitment. As we all saw with the Shonkies try in the second half when Sloan wouldn't dive on the ball. Can Flanno make Sloan tougher? I hope so but not confident.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Player swap with who? Broncos certainly won't swap a player for him for the last 9 rounds so then it has to be the Titans next season if they actually want him. The Board rightly or wrongly have now painted themselves into a corner. I say this because I have just analysed the last 2 games and I can tell you what I saw is the other 16 players not following instructions, not competing in either the attacking or defensive structures practice at training and most certainly not playing behind a cpt. These players have been hurt by the cpt request for an immediate release and the manner in which it was done in the public forum and whilst the cpt was elsewhere, its cowardly in my view and unprecedented at NRL level. He should not have kept the captaincy because that sent the wrong message to the other players that his behaviour was acceptable when it is clearly not.
100%

Player swap with Tino. Titans dont want him, no idea why, great player, a Kangaroo. Off field issues perhaps.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
100%

Player swap with Tino. Titans dont want him, no idea why, great player, a Kangaroo. Off field issues perhaps.
The best thing that can happen is for Amone and Sullivan to have big games this weekend. Giving the coach no option but to play Hunt at hooker. Then see how much he wants to make a player swap happen.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sloan isn't cutting it despite his attacking ability.
I keep saying it the kid has ball skills, so give him a crack in the halves. Can still use his silky running game but will also have the ball in his hands more to get some structure into our attack, his defense will improve too there. I dont understand why the coaches cant see this.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Another thing our coaches seem blinded by is this obsession to have Hunt stay at half. Amone showed in this Ressie game that he can handle being first receiver and second. Jack will have the players back and their respect as the new skipper. FO we no longer need Ben Hunt.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
for Amone and Sullivan to have big games
Sully has not grabbed the chance given to steal his mates spot. In a word.. disappointing. Amone will have to impress from a position he is not familiar with, hooker, having shown that to be the case in his only two games.