HUNT

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
If he stays on , it would have been the biggest backflip , gold medal preformance by Hunt ....... Piss him off , very disappointed in Flanno , he should have said "Becarefull the door dosnt hit you on the way out" or let him rot in lower grades never mind being captain also ...... I can see it now everytime he dosent play well or close out a game , he will get hammered by us fans ........

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
If he stays on , it would have been the biggest backflip , gold medal preformance by Hunt ....... Piss him off , very disappointed in Flanno , he should have said "Becarefull the door dosnt hit you on the way out" or let him rot in lower grades never mind being captain also ...... I can see it now everytime he dosent play well or close out a game , he will get hammered by us fans ........
I hope both Hunt and the club show a little more pride. After all Hunt has publicly let play out, I don't see how he can accept to stay. And the same goes for the club asking him to stay.

There is no reason Hunt had to go public with all of this.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I hope both Hunt and the club show a little more pride. After all Hunt has publicly let play out, I don't see how he can accept to stay. And the same goes for the club asking him to stay.

There is no reason Hunt had to go public with all of this.
Was trying to pressure the club for an immediate release after the club has already paid most of his salary for the year.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ditto Illusion Illusion, Flanagan is nothing more than Griffin MK 2 when it comes to recruitment and retention to talk around the most unpopular and overpaid player at the club yet prepared to make Sully the sacrificial lamb, while his main target is not Tino or Fafita but a prop two clubs did not want.. yes folks another reject. Not a good start Flanno, hope it gets better.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
RECRUITS:
Haema Sele.

POSSIBLE RECRUITS:
Luke Thompson, Tino, David Fifita, Ryan Sutton, Kyle Flanagan, Edwin Ipape?

GONE:
Musgrove, Hunt, Sullivan, Mbye, Fuifmono
POSSIBLY GONE:
Moga, Burns, Russell.

RETENTIONS:
BMM?????
Turner, Feagais, Bird.

No wonder he intends to offload Sullivan, he wants his son to take his Hunts place.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ditto Illusion Illusion, Flanagan is nothing more than Griffin MK 2 when it comes to recruitment and retention to talk around the most unpopular and overpaid player at the club while allowing at least two good guys, Sully an immediate release to join the wooden spooners and Zane Musgrove the Super League, while his main target is not Tino or Fafita but a prop two clubs did not want.. yes folks another reject. Not a good start Flanno, hope it gets better.
Let's give him a chance.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Let's give him a chance.
Have belief in him with his forte of turning round basket case clubs, such as the Shonkies, with set structures that allow good flowing attack and strong defense, but his recruiting and retention to date sucks. Surely the most important thing for any new structure to work is to have the best personnel to carry it out.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Have belief in him with his forte of turning round basket case clubs, such as the Shonkies, with set structures that allow good flowing attack and strong defense, but his recruiting and retention to date sucks. Surely the most important thing for any new structure to work is to have the best personnel to carry it out.
True but it's just started. I'm going to give him a season. By this time next year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We are talking about a premiership winning coach same as me but albeit he has won a NRL , I just won a 2nd grade. So he knows what we need, more importantly he knows who is actually available to fill those spots to make us competitive again. It appears to me that he is going for a smaller but mobile engine room that are actually 1st grade material. Don't forget by 25 those junior forwards may mature enough and have upskilled enough to play 1sts so my view hasn't changed since 21 we should be playing semi finals football again in 25 next year is a rebuild around Hunt/Amone halves combo, don't know how long he will out up with the defensive frailties of Sloan, time will tell, but in my experience a new coach comes with it an attitude adjustment for the players.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
News coming in is that Flanno has told Hunt he's staying and Hunt has agreed. I don't agree with it but let's see what happens next year.
Obviously told him straight and to his face so seeing there is a lack of playmakers its Hunt/Amone

Red T

SGI Junior League
Looks like Hunt might be staying. We will see. Sullivan might stay too unless he gets a better deal elsewhere.Look for some blatant nepotism with Flanno jnr coming back ! If injured fullback returns Sloane will have to play wing. He has not been a success at fullback…

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Looks like Hunt might be staying. We will see. Sullivan might stay too unless he gets a better deal elsewhere.Look for some blatant nepotism with Flanno jnr coming back ! If injured fullback returns Sloane will have to play wing. He has not been a success at fullback…
We've been discussing Flanno junior. After watching him run around at hooker v Penrith, I'm doubly adamant the club can't sign him. No way! He's not NSW Cup standard. If anything, his game has gone downhill from when the Roosters punted him.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
More talk on Hunt. Gordon Tallis talking about "how hard it will be for the club to keep him." If the club wants to keep him, it'll keep him. With Mbye gone and Sullivan going, I guess I've come around to wanting him to stay. They are right about good halfbacks being hard to find.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
More talk on Hunt. Gordon Tallis talking about "how hard it will be for the club to keep him." If the club wants to keep him, it'll keep him. With Mbye gone and Sullivan going, I guess I've come around to wanting him to stay. They are right about good halfbacks being hard to find.
How can we keep him , when he doesn't want to be there , as for no good 7's around and IMO he is one of them , I would piss him off and see what we can get , even if its a 7 for a year or so , or stick with Sully ...... Remember what I am stating here ...... This will flare up again , he has put the target on his back .......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If Herring isn't first grade material, I don't see any option but keeping Hunt. Even though I don't like it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
How can we keep him , when he doesn't want to be there , as for no good 7's around and IMO he is one of them , I would piss him off and see what we can get , even if its a 7 for a year or so , or stick with Sully ...... Remember what I am stating here ...... This will flare up again , he has put the target on his back .......
Seems pretty certain Sully as gone. Probably in the 2 week cooling off period now.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Fox scribes giving Flanagan heavy back slaps for talking Hunt into staying. But for how long, the rest of the season as he wanted an immediate release, or the finals two years. Once a whinger always a whinger and Hunt will carry on again once something does not go his way. The club wants stability Flanagan, that is part of your work description, retaining Hunt is destabilising, letting Sully leave is destabilising, ignoring $2m (Hunts wage) worth of recruits is destabilising.