HUNT

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
For better or worse, Mal Meninga who is employed by Gold Coast, said categorically Bent Hunt is staying at the Dragons and seeing out his contract.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No news on Hunt at all anymore. I guess that means he's definitely staying. I'm not as negative on it as I was earlier. He's overrated and has been overpaid but good halfbacks are very expensive these days. In the next two years, his reported contract, about 750k, will probably be right. Not right according to his ability but right considering how much halfbacks are paid.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
No news on Hunt at all anymore. I guess that means he's definitely staying. I'm not as negative on it as I was earlier. He's overrated and has been overpaid but good halfbacks are very expensive these days. In the next two years, his reported contract, about 750k, will probably be right. Not right according to his ability but right considering how much halfbacks are paid.
I just me don't think it is all over yet .....

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hope you're right. Hope Herring or King-Togia or someone else, maybe the from the Super League, can make it next year but I doubt it.
Yep hope so but its not that , I still think it will get to a stage where he is continuously sooking , and wants out . Like I said cant see him seeing out his contract ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep hope so but its not that , I still think it will get to a stage where he is continuously sooking , and wants out . Like I said cant see him seeing out his contract ......
The main problem for him, is I think his value is constantly going down. Was one of the worst players on the field against Manly, following up on his shocker against .......... 2 rounds ago. If the Dragons won't subsidise his salary, I can't see him leaving because he'll lose too much money.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The main problem for him, is I think his value is constantly going down. Was one of the worst players on the field against Manly, following up on his shocker against .......... 2 rounds ago. If the Dragons won't subsidise his salary, I can't see him leaving because he'll lose too much money.
If so , rotate him from 7 and 9 until we find a proper 7 , whether a young guy , or a steady half back from another club ....... Flanno and the club can say what ever that Hunt is happy to stay on ...... But if things don't start to improve quick enough for Hunt , as you say his form was down , and it will continue to slump ....... Should never have resigned him .......

Eric

Staff
If so , rotate him from 7 and 9 until we find a proper 7 , whether a young guy , or a steady half back from another club ....... Flanno and the club can say what ever that Hunt is happy to stay on ...... But if things don't start to improve quick enough for Hunt , as you say his form was down , and it will continue to slump ....... Should never have resigned him .......
His form has been down for sure. Suggesting something is up but maybe Flanno has just told him to STFU while the club organises or a player swap.

I hope that's the case but I doubt it. I think he's staying. Who else is going to take him on big money? Maybe Wests Tigers? So much for him wanting to go home to QLD in that case.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Apparently Flanno has promised him #7. That's the talk but surely Flanno actually said something like, "You play where it's best suits the team. Right now, thats halfback."

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
God I'm sick of this. I had just eaten when I saw:

*Hunt "resigned" to the fact he'll be playing under Flanno in 2024.
*But he still wants out.
*Now he's angling for a release for 2025.

He may not be greatest halfback to ever play the game but his ego is right up there with the best!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
God I'm sick of this. I had just eaten when I saw:

*Hunt "resigned" to the fact he'll be playing under Flanno in 2024.
*But he still wants out.
*Now he's angling for a release for 2025.

He may not be greatest halfback to ever play the game but his ego is right up there with the best!
Strip him from captaincy and put him in the front row ...... That will F**K him

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Strip him from captaincy and put him in the front row ...... That will F**K him
I was thinking of stripping him of captaincy and giving him notice that he's on the verge of playing out his career in the NSW Cup.

I'm fine with him wanting out. Relationships sour. He was close to Hook and Hook was off with a lot of the team. But now it's been denied, he needs to come out and put the media speculation to bed. Announce publicly he's all in for the next two years (even if he isn't behind closed doors) and get on with getting a release quietly or get prepared for 2024. so hopefully he can be much better than he has been this year!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I was thinking of stripping him of captaincy and giving him notice that he's on the verge of playing out his career in the NSW Cup.

I'm fine with him wanting out. Relationships sour. He was close to Hook and Hook was off with a lot of the team. But now it's been denied, he needs to come out and put the media speculation to bed. Announce publicly he's all in for the next two years (even if he isn't behind closed doors) and get on with getting a release quietly or get prepared for 2024. so hopefully he can be much better than he has been this year!
That's well said.