Injury and Suspension Updates

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Big blow but this is the part of the season where hopefully, Dragons superior depth comes into effect.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Su’A set for lengthy layoff​

Dragons forward Jaydn Su’A is set to miss two months after scans revealed he needs an operation to fix his ankle injury. Su’A limped off during last weekend’s victory over the Roosters and the syndesmosis injury means the Queensland second-rower will miss the State of Origin series opener and will be struggling to be back for game two in Perth on June 26.

His absence is a blow to rookie Maroons coach Billy Slater but he will have the likes of Broncos veteran Kurt Capewell, Titans powerhouse David Fifita, Melbourne’s Felise Kaufusi and South Sydney’s Jai Arrow to fill his edge roles. Former Maroons stalwart Josh McGuire has replaced Su’A in the starting line-up at St George Illawarra for Sunday’s WIN Stadium encounter with Wests.
Damn. Because he will be out during Origin, the Dragons will probably only lose him for 5~6 games. Otherwise it would be 8~9.

Eric

Staff
Why don't you relax a little. Who cares? Just having a little fun.
Do whatever you like but as you say, it's just for fun. So why not state you own opinion? That's just my opinion of another poster so whatever you decide is fine by me.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA

Jack Bird (arm) - Round 8
Max Feagai (ankle) - indefinite
Billy Burns (foot) - indefinite
Jaydn Su’A (ankle) - indefinite

Why is it that Feagai and Burns have been out "indefinitely" all season? Doesn't the club have any idea when they'll be back yet? Are the club doctors incompetent quacks?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

• Jack Bird (arm) - Round 9
  • Tautau Moga (illness) - Round 9
  • Max Feagai (ankle) - indefinite
  • Billy Burns (foot) - indefinite
  • Jaydn Su’A (ankle) - indefinite
Why can't the club send injured players to competent doctors and physio's? 2 of those 3 have been out indefinitely the entire season thus far.
It's probably because a reporter didn't bother calling the club and asking.
That would have been logical for a few weeks but it's now 9 weeks and counting for Burns and Max Feagai.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

• Jack Bird (arm) - Round 9
  • Tautau Moga (illness) - Round 9
  • Max Feagai (ankle) - indefinite
  • Billy Burns (foot) - indefinite
  • Jaydn Su’A (ankle) - indefinite
Why can't the club send injured players to competent doctors and physio's? 2 of those 3 have been out indefinitely the entire season thus far.

That would have been logical for a few weeks but it's now 9 weeks and counting for Burns and Max Feagai.
Maybe for some reason, the club wants to keep it a secret.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra forward pushing for early return, but winger in doubt​

A Dragon didn’t train on Thursday, but a forward is closing on a return.​

The St George Illawarra Dragons could go into Round 12 without Mikaele Ravalawa, however, it's better news on the recovery front, with Jaydn Su'A reportedly pushing for an early return. Su'A, who has formerly represented the Queensland State of Origin team and made the move from the South Sydney Rabbitohs to the Dragons ahead of the 2022 season, was injured during the Anzac Day game against the Sydney Roosters.

At the time, he was among the Dragons best on ground for the day before being taken off early in the second half with what turned out to be a syndesmosis injury. He had also formerly missed a Round 4 clash due to suspension, but had otherwise made six starts on the edge for the Dragons in an excellent start to his time at the club.

Su'A wasn't expected to be back until at least Round 15, but potentially as late as Round 18, however, an Illawarra Mercury report suggests Ravalawa could be back on the park in Round 14 when the club play the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville just two days after State of Origin Game 1. It could come as a timely inclusion for the Dragons, with Tariq Sims likely to be backing up from playing for the Blues 48 hours earlier.

Su'A told the Illawarra Mercury that a fortnight is the plan for his return."It's going really well. I'm not sure how much longer it will be [before I'm back] but it's not as long as people think," Su'A told the publication. "I can't really give a definite answer but it's not too long which is good news. A fortnight is the plan, it's what I set myself as a target and it's a game I want to get back for.

"It's been a lot of getting strength back into the ankle and calf and a lot of cardio in the cardio room which I don't like. I'm finally out there on the field now doing more and more every day." In other Dragons news, Ravalawa didn't train on Thursday and is thought to be in doubt for the game against the Canterbury Bulldogs. It's understood that Tautau Moga would be his replacement should he fail to pass fit.

Great. Then lets get Lodge and that may make us finally a competitive team. Though I bet the coach will pick Su'A and Bird in the backrow with Sims coming on as a lock.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra forward pushing for early return, but winger in doubt​

A Dragon didn’t train on Thursday, but a forward is closing on a return.​

The St George Illawarra Dragons could go into Round 12 without Mikaele Ravalawa, however, it's better news on the recovery front, with Jaydn Su'A reportedly pushing for an early return. Su'A, who has formerly represented the Queensland State of Origin team and made the move from the South Sydney Rabbitohs to the Dragons ahead of the 2022 season, was injured during the Anzac Day game against the Sydney Roosters.

At the time, he was among the Dragons best on ground for the day before being taken off early in the second half with what turned out to be a syndesmosis injury. He had also formerly missed a Round 4 clash due to suspension, but had otherwise made six starts on the edge for the Dragons in an excellent start to his time at the club.

Su'A wasn't expected to be back until at least Round 15, but potentially as late as Round 18, however, an Illawarra Mercury report suggests Ravalawa could be back on the park in Round 14 when the club play the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville just two days after State of Origin Game 1. It could come as a timely inclusion for the Dragons, with Tariq Sims likely to be backing up from playing for the Blues 48 hours earlier.

Su'A told the Illawarra Mercury that a fortnight is the plan for his return."It's going really well. I'm not sure how much longer it will be [before I'm back] but it's not as long as people think," Su'A told the publication. "I can't really give a definite answer but it's not too long which is good news. A fortnight is the plan, it's what I set myself as a target and it's a game I want to get back for.

"It's been a lot of getting strength back into the ankle and calf and a lot of cardio in the cardio room which I don't like. I'm finally out there on the field now doing more and more every day." In other Dragons news, Ravalawa didn't train on Thursday and is thought to be in doubt for the game against the Canterbury Bulldogs. It's understood that Tautau Moga would be his replacement should he fail to pass fit.

Great. Then lets get Lodge and that may make us finally a competitive team. Though I bet the coach will pick Su'A and Bird in the backrow with Sims coming on as a lock.
Club usually keeps things quiet as far as recruitment goes until the deal is done. So don't be surprised if Lodge is in negotiations and Crighton is a possibility for next year. Everyone recognises the forwards need serious strengthening.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Club usually keeps things quiet as far as recruitment goes until the deal is done. So don't be surprised if Lodge is in negotiations and Crighton is a possibility for next year. Everyone recognises the forwards need serious strengthening.
It would be nice if that were true but I have my doubts.