Injury and Suspension Updates

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Half way thru the season and he has yet to pick the best forward pack or backs too. Our worst coach since Price.
You think he's worse than McGregor? The way I see it, he inherited a rabble. Paul Vaughan for example was on huge money. Sims is still. Both good players (well, it seems Vaughan's time has come and gone) but both dramatically overpaid. Needs to be improvement this year but next year we need to see some serious results. But as with everyone else, I have some serious issues with his recruitment and retention and selections.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You think he's worse than McGregor? The way I see it, he inherited a rabble. Paul Vaughan for example was on huge money. Sims is still. Both good players (well, it seems Vaughan's time has come and gone) but both dramatically overpaid. Needs to be improvement this year but next year we need to see some serious results.
Seems that corresponds with what the club thinks. I just hope his continued non selection of Connor Muhleisen isn't because if he has a blinder, it'll make the coach look stupid for sticking with Macca for so long. We could make the same argument with Woods - J. Hunt though Woods isn't untouchable like Macca is. He's already been dropped once this season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Will the coach remain loyal to him even if it means his own job? It's no slight on Macca. He's been good for a long time but his time has passed and the coach needs to realise that! The glory days of his Broncos U20s winning team has passed. Time to move on.
My view is our middle defence is awful McCullough is still one of the defensive hookers running around but offers very little in attack. Griffin will stick with him in the near future in my view

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Seems that corresponds with what the club thinks. I just hope his continued non selection of Connor Muhleisen isn't because if he has a blinder, it'll make the coach look stupid for sticking with Macca for so long. We could make the same argument with Woods - J. Hunt though Woods isn't untouchable like Macca is. He's already been dropped once this season.
Couldn't be that. That would be too breathtakingly unprofessional. He obviously doesn't think those two, Connor Muhleisen and Jaiyden Hunt, are ready for first grade. It's just with specially Connor Muhleisen, I can't see why this is.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My view is our middle defence is awful McCullough is still one of the defensive hookers running around but offers very little in attack. Griffin will stick with him in the near future in my view
That's true. His defence is still good. Is it a lot better than Connor Muhleisen's? I'm not so sure.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Couldn't be that. That would be too breathtakingly unprofessional. He obviously doesn't think those two, Connor Muhleisen and Jaiyden Hunt, are ready for first grade. It's just with specially Connor Muhleisen, I can't see why this is.
Look it appears that we are a chance of making the 8 if that is the view of the coach which I'm sure it is then he won't be making changes unless force to by injuries or suspensions.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So form doesn't matter????
Form matters so let's look at McCullough last week off the bench played only 22 min, scored a try made 16 tackles missed 0 that is the important thing no missed tackles . Mbye 60 min 24 tackles missed 3. Woods had his best defensive game for years played 65 min made 33 tackles missed 0 now that's a first for him so based on those stats don't be surprised to see McCullough and Woods starting against the Cowboys. Lawrie misses too many tackles to be a starting prop in my view played 42 min only made 21 tackles but missed 4 which is not good enough.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Form matters so let's look at McCullough last week off the bench played only 22 min, scored a try made 16 tackles missed 0 that is the important thing no missed tackles . Mbye 60 min 24 tackles missed 3. Woods had his best defensive game for years played 65 min made 33 tackles missed 0 now that's a first for him so based on those stats don't be surprised to see McCullough and Woods starting against the Cowboys. Lawrie misses too many tackles to be a starting prop in my view played 42 min only made 21 tackles but missed 4 which is not good enough.
Well, it was against the specials for the wooden spoon so lets not get too excited just yet.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well, it was against the specials for the wooden spoon so lets not get too excited just yet.
Agree the next 3 weeks will clear up the picture for our top 8 chances perhaps if we look like missing out then there will be the opportunity to build for next season with changes. Time will tell

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree the next 3 weeks will clear up the picture for our top 8 chances perhaps if we look like missing out then there will be the opportunity to build for next season with changes. Time will tell
Even with 3 bad losses, very much doubt McCullough will get dropped.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Look at the Dragons 'massive' injured list!

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

• Josh McGuire (groin) – indefinite
  • ______________________________
It's good for 2 reasons and bad for two.
Good:
  • No excuses for the coach.
  • Gives the Dragons every opportunity to get a spot in the top 8
Bad:
  • This full strength team is nowhere near the below full strength top teams with the exception of Penrith who are also having a lucky run with the lack on injuries.
  • Now I've put a hex on the team, expect de Belin, Lomax and Amone to go down this weekend.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Look at the Dragons 'massive' injured list!

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

• Josh McGuire (groin) – indefinite
  • ______________________________
It's good for 2 reasons and bad for two.
Good:
  • No excuses for the coach.
  • Gives the Dragons every opportunity to get a spot in the top 8
Bad:
  • This full strength team is nowhere near the below full strength top teams with the exception of Penrith who are also having a lucky run with the lack on injuries.
  • Now I've put a hex on the team, expect de Belin, Lomax and Amone to go down this weekend.
Don't be so sure McGuire is actually injured either. Or it's just the coach not being able to bring himself to drop him so says he's injured instead.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Don't be so sure McGuire is actually injured either. Or it's just the coach not being able to bring himself to drop him so says he's injured instead.
It's probably better for his ESL contract negotiations to be dropped rather than injured.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
How many of his supposed 40 tackles were actually him instigating it rather than joining in once opposition progress is stopped. That should not constitute a tackle imo.
It's true missed tackles can sometimes he a misleading stat but it's been pointed out how at times this season, Bird has stepped out of the way of ball runners. Late in the game against Melbourne, NAS scored. Bird actually stepped out of his way. I'm not sure it would be counted as a missed tackle because he didn't even throw an arm out. Tariq Sims gave him a filthy look.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Chris M Chris M Again your opinion is not backed by the stats. Ranked NRL fifth best forward for PCM @975. Seems his sacking has given the big fellar a new lease on life.
Vaughan ranks 5th for post contact meres? That'd be a surprise but whatever he is doing, the Dogs or no other NRL club wants him for next season. Some whispers it's more because of his difficult personality but if he was a really good prop, some club would pick him up despite his personality.