Eric

Staff
As i said he wont go back to Penrith.View attachment 352
To be brutally honest, I was thinking Latu and Tonga are more likely to make it than Halangahu. Halangahu looks like a tackle busting machine but in the open age group, that will be much more difficult. The other two don't bust tackles as well but use footwork and passing more. And I think Hutchinson is more likely to make it than Ackers.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
To be brutally honest, I was thinking Latu and Tonga are more likely to make it than Halangahu. Halangahu looks like a tackle busting machine but in the open age group, that will be much more difficult. The other two don't bust tackles as well but use footwork and passing more. And I think Hutchinson is more likely to make it than Ackers.
I like the optimism and am happy St George won but don't look too much into it. Jersey Flegg is a much better indication of the talent coming through but even that's unreliable. How many blokes are stars in Jersey Flegg but can't even make it in reserve grade? I think you will find quite a few.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Michael Molo was rock solid with 163 metres and 31 tackles — zero misses — while the Couchman twins continued their red-hot form for 2024. Ryan set up a try, got a linebreak assists, seven tackle busts, 150 metres and 29 tackles with no misses at second row. Toby got five tackle busts, 143 metres and 29 tackles, 1 miss at prop.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Lower grade teams will be interesting this week. How many and who of the SG Ball team are going to be in Flegg or NSW Cup?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is #18 LKT? He looks sharp! Big, fast, skillful, footwork. Need him in NSW Cup this week and possibly first grade as early as round 10!
He's not on the developed list. Can't play first grade unless someone is shipped off and LKT gets promoted into the top 30.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Michael Molo was rock solid with 163 metres and 31 tackles — zero misses — while the Couchman twins continued their red-hot form for 2024. Ryan set up a try, got a linebreak assists, seven tackle busts, 150 metres and 29 tackles with no misses at second row. Toby got five tackle busts, 143 metres and 29 tackles, 1 miss at prop.
I heard Jesse will be Cup FB this week.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
After round 10 he can, basically any player with a contract is eligible.
Excellent. In that case, he might not be the only one to make the leap from SG Ball to NRL in a season. Of course it would take Flanno to be way less obstinate and set in his ways.

Eric

Staff
This thread is 68 pages long now. If no one has any objections, how about after this starting a new thread for lower grades?

NSW Cup v Newtown​

Jersey Flegg v Shonkies​

1. Mathew Feagai
  2. Sione Finau
  3. Max Feagai
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Savelio Tamale
  6. Josh Ralph
  7. Jesse Marschke
  8. Alec Tuitavake
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Viliami Fifita
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Toby Couchman

14. Haele Finau
  15. Ryan Couchman
  16. Josh Coric
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Jonah Glover
  1. Wesley Pring
  2. Will Starling
  3. Hayden Buchanan
  4. Benjamin Lavender
  5. Khye Russell
  6. Nicholas Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jacob Webster
  9. Kyan Hjaltason
  10. Jett Liu
  11. Jack Quinn
  12. Nicholas Tsougranis
  13. Hamish Stewart

14. Trey Barlow
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Callum Leikvoll
  17. Lyhkan King-Togia

18. Kye Wright
  • Ryan C is on the bench now. When the extended reserves like M. Molo come back to Cup, Ryan might find himself out of the 17 because according to Flanno, "He isn't realy for NSW Cup yet" (not a quote).
  • Coric and Shereb not making any moves up the list. Disappointing but not that surprising. I remember people talking about a chip and chase try Coric scored. I'm not sure if jodragon40 jodragon40 would've approved of that from a prop. Shereb is like bad Josh Kerr on steroids. If Jackson Ford was in Kerr's body, he's be an immortal. Shereb is even worse.
  • Still no Ben Rumble. Hope his injury is nothing serious.
  • As hoped for an expected, #12 might be too good for this level.
  • Looks like no one at all in from the SG Ball team. Flegg has caught the Flanno disease. Joke. They are coming off a win rather than a 42 point drubbing. Maybe they just wanted to give the Ball players who are looking at promotion a week off.
  • Hoping for big things from #17.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
This thread is 68 pages long now. If no one has any objections, how about after this starting a new thread for lower grades?

NSW Cup v Newtown​

Jersey Flegg v Shonkies​

1. Mathew Feagai
  2. Sione Finau
  3. Max Feagai
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Savelio Tamale
  6. Josh Ralph
  7. Jesse Marschke
  8. Alec Tuitavake
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Viliami Fifita
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Toby Couchman

14. Haele Finau
  15. Ryan Couchman
  16. Josh Coric
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Jonah Glover
  1. Wesley Pring
  2. Will Starling
  3. Hayden Buchanan
  4. Benjamin Lavender
  5. Khye Russell
  6. Nicholas Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jacob Webster
  9. Kyan Hjaltason
  10. Jett Liu
  11. Jack Quinn
  12. Nicholas Tsougranis
  13. Hamish Stewart

14. Trey Barlow
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Callum Leikvoll
  17. Lyhkan King-Togia

18. Kye Wright
  • Ryan C is on the bench now. When the extended reserves like M. Molo come back to Cup, Ryan might find himself out of the 17 because according to Flanno, "He isn't realy for NSW Cup yet" (not a quote).
  • Coric and Shereb not making any moves up the list. Disappointing but not that surprising. I remember people talking about a chip and chase try Coric scored. I'm not sure if jodragon40 jodragon40 would've approved of that from a prop. Shereb is like bad Josh Kerr on steroids. If Jackson Ford was in Kerr's body, he's be an immortal. Shereb is even worse.
  • Still no Ben Rumble. Hope his injury is nothing serious.
  • As hoped for an expected, #12 might be too good for this level.
  • Looks like no one at all in from the SG Ball team. Flegg has caught the Flanno disease. Joke. They are coming off a win rather than a 42 point drubbing. Maybe they just wanted to give the Ball players who are looking at promotion a week off.
  • Hoping for big things from #17.
Ryan being punished for mouthing off at Ref.
Cup Sat NRL Sunday, some in extended bench will be saved.

SGB boys still celebrating they will be given a few weeks rest.

Last edited: