NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
o TPH to flegg fullback has been my secret fantasy (no disrespect to the mighty b-rumble), how did he handle it? Was he electric, or just did his job?

o Also how did Fagalilo go in place of Hjaltason?
Scored the try made a great front on tackle on a forward after a break. He got monstered in attack, he's just not big enough for FB. I doubt he goes much further.

Ice was solid not a standout.

I expected Ben and Kyan will recover from illness and be back in next week.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I differ. Pek is a tuff little dude, reckon he'll make it to the top. Looks similar in size to Langer, Sterling and Toovey, while some of those Pommie halfs were tiny too, such as Tommy Bishop. They all made it to international footy.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Meant to post this yesterday.
Some late and great Flegg tries, Ashton heavily involved again with Pek and Nick making some good plays..

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
NSW Cup has the bye this week.

Jersey Flegg: St George Illawarra vs Kaiviti (Fiji)​

1. Ben Rumble
  2. Tom Kirk
  3. Benjamin Lavender
  4. Hayden Buchanan
  5. Jesse Williams
  6. Nick Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Loko Jnr Pasifiki Tonga
  9. Isaiah Fagalilo
  10. Jacob Webster
  11. Nicholas Tsougranis
  12. Jack Quinn
  13. Finau Latu

14. Kyan Hjaltason
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Jett Liu
  17. Cyrus Stanley-Traill

18. Toby Miller
  • Cup players like #4 and #8 not dropped but put back as a result of the bye.
  • Why hasn't LKT been brought back as well?
  • Is Halangahu still competing in the schoolboys comp?
  • #14 on the bench. Looks to me like a quality player but no doubting, team has been going better without him.
  • That little fullback, come 5/8, come hooker, come fullback again, Tyler Peckham-Harris seems to have been dropped. He needs to get bigger. Simple as that otherwise might be time to start looking at life as an amateur RL player. There are ways to do it.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan , is this right, did Flegg get played early?

Says we won 18-10, with a try on fulltime.... pretty narrow win against a team running 0-16 >.>

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan , is this right, did Flegg get played early?

Says we won 18-10, with a try on fulltime.... pretty narrow win against a team running 0-16 >.>
That can't be right, someone playing funny games

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Our pack looks full for the next few seasons with the youngsters coming through. Could any of them play a backline position? Nick T as a centre?

Thinking about where they'd get opportunities in 1st grade.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I dont think we will able to keep all those forwards btw.. think about how hard it is for example Paramatta just keeping a handful of gun juniors.. the timing, the kids patience to wait.. the incumbent blocking their path.. the pressure from other clubs.. its brutal... plus in our case they are all forwards competing for the same few positions...

On top of that.. half of them probably wont make first grade in the first place.. as gould says the chasm between flegg/cup and 1st grade has never been greater.

The main thing is we keep the ones we have the most confidence in, the big 3 in Tonga, Latu and Halangahu I think r the 3 im most optimistic about.. and id like to see NickT make it being a genuine Dragons junior.. plus hes a firebrand.. im more excited about him than Egan, but there is probably room for both next year in NSW Cup.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I dont think we will able to keep all those forwards btw.. think about how hard it is for example Paramatta just keeping a handful of gun juniors.. the timing, the kids patience to wait.. the incumbent blocking their path.. the pressure from other clubs.. its brutal... plus in our case they are all forwards competing for the same few positions...

On top of that.. half of them probably wont make first grade in the first place.. as gould says the chasm between flegg/cup and 1st grade has never been greater.

The main thing is we keep the ones we have the most confidence in, the big 3 in Tonga, Latu and Halangahu I think r the 3 im most optimistic about.. and id like to see NickT make it being a genuine Dragons junior.. plus hes a firebrand.. im more excited about him than Egan, but there is probably room for both next year in NSW Cup.
Good points but something we have going for us is the lack of long-term incumbants. Su'A and Suli are the only 2, aren't they? Sloan maybe but he better keep improving and the speed of improvement better pick up.

Eric

Staff
Our pack looks full for the next few seasons with the youngsters coming through. Could any of them play a backline position? Nick T as a centre?

Thinking about where they'd get opportunities in 1st grade.
Just on those forwards, I saw a comment a few days ago saying if Flanno wants a tackling machine, Dylan Egan is a much better choice than Eisenhuth. But Flanno will go with journeyman imports no matter what.

Last edited:

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sorry to say but not all will play top grade so expect to lose some to other clubs. Must keeps are Latu, Loko Jr, Halangahu. Probables, Ackers, Meafou, Nick T, Stanley-Traill. Any others?
Ackers no, CST maybe. Most of our list will be off-contract by 26.

Likely fwds leaving by max end of 25: Tuitavake, BMM, Russell, Bird, M. Molo, RFM, Eisenhuth

Then a few development list spots will be open too.

Top 30 spots will be available & potentially regular 1st grade spots.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Ackers no, CST maybe. Most of our list will be off-contract by 26.

Likely fwds leaving by max end of 25: Tuitavake, BMM, Russell, Bird, M. Molo, RFM, Eisenhuth

Then a few development list spots will be open too.

Top 30 spots will be available & potentially regular 1st grade spots.
I know a lot of people aren't rating Ackers these days but not sure I agree. He was injured for a large part of the season. Needs to replace some of his "excess baggage" with muscle but I could see him becoming something like RCG at Parra or even a less grubby version of the Rorters JWH.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I know a lot of people aren't rating Ackers these days but not sure I agree. He was injured for a large part of the season. Needs to replace some of his "excess baggage" with muscle but I could see him becoming something like RCG at Parra or even a less grubby version of the Rorters JWH.
Is Ackers injured now? Not getting a look into the Flegg side.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Ackers is injured, not sure if its a season-ender?

Meafou is the other injured for the year, not that longterm injury is ever good for a career.. but he is a year younger I believe, so next year is hopefully the big year for him.. there are a lot of steelers who will go around again I think in SG Ball.