NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think I saw it but wasn't much to highlight for Dragons fans. Or I might be thinking about the week before.
Finally watched it. Yeh not much to enthuse over, still they are the comp front runners yet never really iced it until those two late ones.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Season all but over for both but anyway,

NSW Cup: Dragons vs Shonkies​

Jersey Flegg: Dragons vs Shonkies​

1. Haele Finau
  2. Savelio Tamale
  3. Ben Johnson
  4. Hayden Buchanan
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jesse Marschke
  7. Jonah Glover
  8. Josh Coric
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Loko Jnr Pasifiki Tonga
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Michael Molo

14. Declan Purcell
  15. Alec Tuitavake
  16. Viliami Fifita
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Hamish Stewart
  1. Ben Rumble
  2. Tom Kirk
  3. David Afu
  4. Kye Wright
  5. Jesse Williams
  6. Nick Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jett Liu
  9. Kyan Hjaltason
  10. Jacob Webster
  11. Cyrus Stanley-Traill
  12. Jack Quinn
  13. Finau Latu

14. Tyler Peckham-Harris
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Matthew Alhazim
  17. Jacob Halangahu

18. Isaac Laughton
  19. Lucas Borg
  • Swansong for #17 and #8? Too bad.
  • Excuse me but isn't #1 the backup hooker? Nothing to lose now. Why not?
  • Good to see #10 and # starting. Need them in the NRL next year.
  • #19 in the squad. I guess they mean to give him a game before season is over. I wonder where they see him playing next year if Rumble is hanging around in Jersey Flegg for another year.
  • Big, fast back 5. Need a couple to kick on soon and be ready for NRL midway through next year.
Who will be jettisoned and who will move up to Ressies next year. Dont see us holding onto Glover, Marshke or Ralph, what a disappointment he was, so Ward and Quinn should be the halves. If Tuitavake and Coric are going, Liu and Webster should be the starting props and with Muhleisen on his way out, one of Haele Finau and Kyan Hjaltason will be the starting #9. Rumble to stay in Flegg , with Halangahu, Stanley-Traill and Williams to play their first full season.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Who will be jettisoned and who will move up to Ressies next year. Dont see us holding onto Glover, Marshke or Ralph, what a disappointment he was, so Ward and Quinn should be the halves. Is Coric going, if so Liu and Webster should be the starting props and with Muhleisen on his way out, one of Haele Finau and Kyan Hjaltason will be the starting #9. Rumble to stay in Flegg , with Halangahu, Stanley-Traill and Williams to play their first full season.
Coric is going. A shame he never kicked on for one reason or another. I wonder what it is. He's big, skillful and athletic enough.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
. BOD has said it will let Jack Bird walk away from his final year should he find another club. Evidently Marshall wants him on a multi year deal for the Tigers. Fly away Birdy.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Coric is going. A shame he never kicked on for one reason or another. I wonder what it is. He's big, skillful and athletic enough.
His coach did not give him much of a chance either with many mins in the 20s and 30s. His stats are quite impresssive all the same in both attack and defense.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Am hoping we intend offering #12 Jack Quine a contract soon. Impressive from the footage I have seem.

I will have to fork out some coin for a subscription next year to see more games.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mathematically we are still a slim chance of making the Ressie finals after yesterdays match result fell in our favor. But it is a must that we beat the Jets today.
Was just gonna say the results have been good so far, but if we cant beat the Jets today (which will be really hard with our injury ridden side), then its basically over for the year.. but nice that we are still in with a shot....

Games are: 11.15am Flegg (no coverage) and 1pm (NSWRLTV) if anyone is following them.

Edit: Just noticed late changes to Flegg.. like a lot of them.. TPH Fullback, Hammoud 6, Quinn to 7, wonder if Ward/Rumble were promoted, also no Halangahu or Stewart actually... hmmmm.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Edit: Just noticed late changes to Flegg.. like a lot of them.. TPH Fullback, Hammoud 6, Quinn to 7, wonder if Ward/Rumble were promoted, also no Halangahu or Stewart actually... hmmmm.
Looks like Stewart was promoted to 18th man in Cup but the rest were rested now finals aren't possible. I can't see why they would have been dropped on form. Coaching staff know what they bring to the field and have already penciled them in for promotion next year. Now they want to give a few others a chance. I guess that's what it is.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looks like Stewart was promoted to 18th man in Cup but the rest were rested now finals aren't possible. I can't see why they would have been dropped on form. Coaching staff know what they bring to the field and have already penciled them in for promotion next year. Now they want to give a few others a chance. I guess that's what it is.
They could just be injured, but the way they were pulled in the last hour before the game from the team list.. and with all the NSW Cup injuries.. tbh its probably a perfect chance for Rumble to take the vacant 1 jersey and Ward to cover a potentially injured Marshke or Glover.. Halangahu could be rested as I think he played that rep game a few days ago.

Anyway we will know by midday =)