NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hopefully big minutes for RFM, cup rly need him, and exciting for Ward, this is his opportunity to show how he handles stepping up.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ben injured
Ashton Cup
Jake rested for Schoolboys GF
LKT FG
RFM Cup
That's a much better balanced side for FG. Though Sharks will be out to smash LKT when he gets on.

Good chance for Ward as well. Maybe on Monday we will be talking about how Ward and LKT are the halves for the next 10 years.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
NSW Cup Notes (Half-Time lead 18-12):
o Not rly on today.. pack is good.. but bit clunky with a new spine... we have a strong breeze mind you..
o HFinau has been better than I expected chiming into the backline.. fast & aggressive running.. gets hit hard though (and usually around his melon), they obviously dont get fooled by his step.
o Tonga has gone off HIA 18th minute, havent seen him back.
o RFM has been average, Rava maybe a fraction better than average
o Buchanan missed a rly basic tackle to let that 2nd try in.. we should never have been defending though.. we messed up and let the kickoff go over the deadball line.. then got pinged for being offside from the dropout.. basically both Jets tries have come immediately they attacked our line.. we do not have that defensive strength we have had in weeks gone by.
o Ward struggling a bit, tried to run 1 time, 1 pass to ground, its not quite working.. most of the balls are going to Glover though their usual 7.
o Kind of losing our way in attack when we get to their line.. wasted a few opportunities.. but we have scored points through mostly 1-out bash barge type stuff.. no idea how this will go in the 2nd half...

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
NSW Cup Notes (Half-Time lead 18-12):
o Not rly on today.. pack is good.. but bit clunky with a new spine... we have a strong breeze mind you..
o HFinau has been better than I expected chiming into the backline.. fast & aggressive running.. gets hit hard though (and usually around his melon), they obviously dont get fooled by his step.
o Tonga has gone off HIA 18th minute, havent seen him back.
o RFM has been average, Rava maybe a fraction better than average
o Buchanan missed a rly basic tackle to let that 2nd try in.. we should never have been defending though.. we messed up and let the kickoff go over the deadball line.. then got pinged for being offside from the dropout.. basically both Jets tries have come immediately they attacked our line.. we do not have that defensive strength we have had in weeks gone by.
o Ward struggling a bit, tried to run 1 time, 1 pass to ground, its not quite working.. most of the balls are going to Glover though their usual 7.
o Kind of losing our way in attack when we get to their line.. wasted a few opportunities.. but we have scored points through mostly 1-out bash barge type stuff.. no idea how this will go in the 2nd half...
Lets hope Ward picks it up in the next 40. To be leading at halftime with the new look spine isn't a bad result.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
2nd Half Notes:
o Tuitavake has been running off the back fence, looking for a contract in 2025
o Coric has been rly strong too all game.. big minutes.. would love to see his stats.. shame I dunno what happens to him next year.
o Ward ran really well in the 2nd half, but having trouble connecting with his outside men all game, his passing either go to ground or they are requiring the catcher to be flat-footed.
o All match we havent contested the bombs we put up, then at the last second Glover decides to contest his own kick lol.. catches it and falls over the line.. that was the moment that won us the game.
o Bit of a frown emoji for HFinau throwing a massive pass on his line with 2mins left that Buchanan then dropped.. and the jets just pick it up and walk over the line.. followed by kicking the dropout over the sideline on the full and having to defend our line for absolutely no reason.. so dumb.. but we got there.

Season is alive.. think were waiting on the game this arvo!

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
2nd Half Notes:
o Tuitavake has been running off the back fence, looking for a contract in 2025
o Coric has been rly strong too all game.. big minutes.. would love to see his stats.. shame I dunno what happens to him next year.
o Ward ran really well in the 2nd half, but having trouble connecting with his outside men all game, his passing either go to ground or they are requiring the catcher to be flat-footed.
o All match we havent contested the bombs we put up, then at the last second Glover decides to contest his own kick lol.. catches it and falls over the line.. that was the moment that won us the game.
o Bit of a frown emoji for HFinau throwing a massive pass on his line with 2mins left that Buchanan then dropped.. and the jets just pick it up and walk over the line.. followed by kicking the dropout over the sideline on the full and having to defend our line for absolutely no reason.. so dumb.. but we got there.

Season is alive.. think were waiting on the game this arvo!
Cut out the dumb mistakes and this NSW Cup team will be able to do some damage in the finals if they make it!

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Cut out the dumb mistakes and this NSW Cup team will be able to do some damage in the finals if they make it!
Actually looking at ladders/draw.. if the Raiders dont beat the Panthers this arvo.. I think were stuffed.. next week the panthers have one of the worst teams.. this arvo is the game they can lose.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Actually looking at ladders/draw.. if the Raiders dont beat the Panthers this arvo.. I think were stuffed.. next week the panthers have one of the worst teams.. this arvo is the game they can lose.
Is there only 1 round left after this?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Looking a the ladder and draw, I think Dragons might scrape in. I think Canberra will beat Penrith so if Dragons beat lowly Parramatta, that will be enough.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
real shame.. the panthers scoring in the 78th minute to win by 2pts.. basically sunk our season, our only chance now is for the 12th place souths side to beat penrith next week.. very very unlikely.. this is a real shame.. raiders surged several times and looked to have the panthers measure..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
real shame.. the panthers scoring in the 78th minute to win by 2pts.. basically sunk our season, our only chance now is for the 12th place souths side to beat penrith next week.. very very unlikely.. this is a real shame.. raiders surged several times and looked to have the panthers measure..
It will be ok if FG wins tomorrow.