OUR NEW HEAD COACH COMES HOME.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate who is a Sharks supporter told me he is hearing that Flanno has signed Steve Price as an assistant for next year? Anyone else heard this?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mate who is a Sharks supporter told me he is hearing that Flanno has signed Steve Price as an assistant for next year? Anyone else heard this?
Haven't heard. Hope it isn't true but then again, time and time the worst head coaches are outstanding assistants. So even if its true, I'm not worried about it.

Eric

Staff
This wont please some here but Dean Young is to return to the Dragons as an assistant coach, most likely defense coach. Apparently it is at Flannos request as the two have worked well together in the past.
I don't mind this. His first stint at the Dragons under McGregor was a train-wreck but he's gone well up in NQ. And as a player, he wasn't big or fast or especially skillful but he did excellent with the gifts he had.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
This wont please some here but Dean Young is to return to the Dragons as an assistant coach, most likely defense coach. Apparently it is at Flannos request as the two have worked well together in the past.
Had to fit one of Hornby or Young in. I'd prefer Deano to Hornby. And as a added bonus, we have really east names! Deano and Flanno!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I don't mind this. His first stint at the Dragons under McGregor was a train-wreck but he's gone well up in NQ. And as a player, he wasn't big or fast or especially skillful but he did excellent with the gifts he had.
Deano was a solid tackler so Flanno will likely want him as our defense coach. He may bring Reece Robson with him, be a double homecoming. I like Liddle but I have a feeling he is mentally fragile.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I'm thinking of a young half back presently playing with St Helens in the super league.
St Helens half-back Lewis Dodd.This guy? Pommy halves have done well in Aussie league in the past. Contracted until '24. Has he shown any indication he wants to come to the NRL.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Liddle was good at the start of the year.
He was, terrific in fact. But his form fell off a cliff after Griffin dropped him to the bench then out of the team altogether. Is this form loss because his mind could not cope with rejection, reason I called him mentally fragile. Only explanation I can come up with.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Dont see any indication of his ball skills in this footage. Shows some individual brilliance tho. So does Hunt on rare occasions. Now if Dodd had Widdop like skills, he'd be precisely what we need.

George Williams is a gun! Much better halfback than Hunt and has expressed a desire to return to the NRL.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So why did they not stick with Zac at fullback back then. Flanno may resurrect him there, which is good news, while I rate Sloan, I rate Zac more as he is yet to fullfil his enormous potential, mostly due to the poor service he has received since Gareth Widdop left this club.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So why did they not stick with Zac at fullback back then. Flanno may resurrect him there, which is good news, while I rate Sloan, I rate Zac more as he is yet to fullfil his enormous potential, mostly due to the poor service he has received since Gareth Widdop left this club.
Interesting.